Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-- Tea?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

-- Tea? Empty -- Tea?

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 15:01

Hey y'all.  

I just wanted to apologize, because as of recently my attendance on this site has dropped dramatically.  (Yes, yes, I know it's not that big of a deal but I have a guilty conscious, okay?)  It was partly because of other (IRL) stuff going on (puppy, boyfriend, work), as well as the forum becoming increasingly quiet.  My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

Now that TS4 is out however, it has started to gain momentum again, which is great!  I will be on as much as humanly possible from here on out.  I work from home anyway, so I'm almost always on my PC.  This weekend though... I'm going to be busy - again, because (woo hoo!) unlimited over-time!  Everything is ramping up for the holidays, and my company will be extremely slammed.  I cannot wait to be making that moneaaay. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I hope all is well for everyone, including most of the newer Helpers and The Sims 3/4 Helpers I rarely run into.   Oh my...  Sorry guys.  I'm really not anti-social!

Anyway, I'm off now.  Everyone have a great weekend.


- Muffins.  I'm so happy emergaw



Edit:  BTW... can someone please send me our Installation Guide text file that is included in our TS4 torrent?  I actually have the bought version of the game and so I'd really like a refresher as to how we are able to get the game patched and working.  This will allow me to help some people writing in on the forum.  I mostly know a lot regarding in-game issues, bugs, etc. but NOT downloading and installing issues some users are getting!  Muchas Gracias.

_________________
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW Guest Contributor
G4TW Guest Contributor

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Posts : 581
Points : 3490
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 30
Location : East Coast.

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 23:49

@Sephymuffins wrote:Hey y'all.  

I just wanted to apologize, because as of recently my attendance on this site has dropped dramatically.  (Yes, yes, I know it's not that big of a deal but I have a guilty conscious, okay?)  It was partly because of other (IRL) stuff going on (puppy, boyfriend, work), as well as the forum becoming increasingly quiet.  My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

Now that TS4 is out however, it has started to gain momentum again, which is great!  I will be on as much as humanly possible from here on out.  I work from home anyway, so I'm almost always on my PC.  This weekend though... I'm going to be busy - again, because (woo hoo!) unlimited over-time!  Everything is ramping up for the holidays, and my company will be extremely slammed.  I cannot wait to be making that moneaaay. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I hope all is well for everyone, including most of the newer Helpers and The Sims 3/4 Helpers I rarely run into.   Oh my...  Sorry guys.  I'm really not anti-social!

Anyway, I'm off now.  Everyone have a great weekend.


- Muffins.  I'm so happy emergaw



Edit:  BTW... can someone please send me our Installation Guide text file that is included in our TS4 torrent?  I actually have the bought version of the game and so I'd really like a refresher as to how we are able to get the game patched and working.  This will allow me to help some people writing in on the forum.  I mostly know a lot regarding in-game issues, bugs, etc. but NOT downloading and installing issues some users are getting!  Muchas Gracias.


Hello,


Welcome "back" then ! Razz  And take your time; after an initial "burst" in traffic, it seems to me a bit more quiet again on here, though I'm unsure whether that's a good or bad sign, lol. 

As for patching the game to the latest available version + cracking it, you need to apply the "TS4 Ultimate fix", here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix



Instructions are included. The "patch" here is nothing more than just a bunch of "updated" program folder files, which you need to copy + paste over your installation. In the lack of manual offline patches (like in TS3), it's the only way to update the game - currently at least.

As for the installation of the game, I actually decided not to download the G4TW release yet. Embarassed  Mainly because I didn't want to give up on my legit game, lol. But maybe Admin or Lady can send you the install guide.

As far as common issues are concerned, people should 


1) download and install the "Visual C++ 2013" (both the x86 and x64 versions, see Ultimate fix instructions), 

2) de-activate the anti-virus and add the install location to the exclusions of the anti-virus software,

3) extract the download with WinRAR (!!!), into an empty folder, and run the installation from there,

4) install the game into the default location only (!!!!!!!!!), namely C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.


I guess that's it from me now. Have fun, and see you around again, sometime ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25728
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by SeoY on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 03:36

Hi Sephy! It's good to see you back after a little while. Very Happy

I agree that the forum has been a little quiet these last days, after the initial rise from The Sims 4's release. I hope it won't stay like this.

About the installation guide, it's pretty simple actually. Thanks to the Custom Installer, the only step of it is to double click The_Sims_4_Setup.exe from the installation folder. If any issues arise, then the solution will be the Ultimate Fix, not
anything else related to the torrent folder. I'll post a download for the Installation Guide here, as I apparently can't PM you. I hope there's no problem with that, I uploaded it myself. Here:
http://goo.gl/UJPQr5

I also hope that you are well. Enjoy your weekend!

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.

-- Tea? 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Posts : 1759
Points : 4818
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 24
Location : City of Tears

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by Phoebe on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 09:04

I can say the same thing for myself, I am getting busier everyday and yes, even I can't talk with Carlos!   Ermahgerd :DedicatedToLorilihim

Mac section is in good hands, so I am feeling good about it but I need to try harder to be here I guess Smile

_________________
-- Tea? LbBSU26sSRAE8

Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Posts : 779
Points : 3835
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 31
Location : Neverland

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:12

@Sephymuffins wrote:(...) My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

@Phoebe wrote:(...) and yes, even I can't talk with Carlos!   Ermahgerd :DedicatedToLorilihim


LOL @ both of you ! 


Razz  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25728
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by Shamrock on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 11:13

I know what you mean. Busy busy.
But we still try to be here as much as possible!!



@SeoY, this is the Helpers Area, so you can post any link you want to whatever content post links more freely here Wink

_________________
Shamrock
Shamrock
BUSTED!
BUSTED!

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

Male

Posts : 3251
Points : 6993
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 12:50

Carlos wrote:
@Sephymuffins wrote:(...) My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

@Phoebe wrote:(...) and yes, even I can't talk with Carlos!   Ermahgerd :DedicatedToLorilihim


LOL @ both of you ! 


Razz  

LOL!
Now this is suspicious....

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"



-- Tea? Bn60syW to Games4theworld

-- Tea? 20181110


 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW Super Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW Super Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Posts : 15147
Points : 21596
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by Phoebe on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:05

Lady ElDi wrote:
Carlos wrote:
@Sephymuffins wrote:(...) My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

@Phoebe wrote:(...) and yes, even I can't talk with Carlos!   Ermahgerd :DedicatedToLorilihim


LOL @ both of you ! 


Razz  

LOL!
Now this is suspicious....

Rolling Eyes

_________________
-- Tea? LbBSU26sSRAE8

Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Posts : 779
Points : 3835
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 31
Location : Neverland

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by coffeejunkie on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 19:20

Sorry for being silent too.
I actually, can't install The Sims 4 and playing it with someone @ home, I find it boring to death. I can't really get my attention to it. I'll surely come around someday, I'm just mad at EA for the moment and thus, not playing ( hey ! I am a lonely child ok ! I do manifest my disappointment by boycotting games ! )
Plus, life, well the usual drill.

Now. Off to play Sims 3 on bootcamp !

_________________
You need a coffee cup of tea
coffeejunkie
coffeejunkie
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : The Sims 3

Posts : 162
Points : 2499
Join date : 2014-06-28
Location : http://tech-hippie.com

Back to top Go down

-- Tea? Empty Re: -- Tea?

Post by Admin on Sun 09 Nov 2014, 01:53

Lady ElDi wrote:
Carlos wrote:
@Sephymuffins wrote:(...) My communications with Carlos even decreased.   :DedicatedToLorilihim

@Phoebe wrote:(...) and yes, even I can't talk with Carlos!   Ermahgerd :DedicatedToLorilihim


LOL @ both of you ! 


Razz  

LOL!
Now this is suspicious....
No one ever said something like that about me. Why God.

Just kidding, of course. I don't need you guys! Ha! Carlos is tha man Haters gonna hate

teajunkie wrote:Sorry for being silent too.
I actually, can't install The Sims 4 and playing it with someone @ home, I find it boring to death. I can't really get my attention to it. I'll surely come around someday, I'm just mad at EA for the moment and thus, not playing ( hey ! I am a lonely child ok ! I do manifest my disappointment by boycotting games ! )
Plus, life, well the usual drill.

Now. Off to play Sims 3 on bootcamp !
There's nothing wrong with boycotting a game. I usually boycott whole companies (when I decide a boycott is necessary). Razz For example, I boycott Sitecom because of their HORRIBLE support and their HORRIBLE product quality. And there's this local store - forgot its name - HORRIBLE service, boycotting that one too. And I take boycotts very seriously...

_________________
-- Tea? Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18886
Points : 1027526
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum