Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:06

Hi, 

Here am I again with another wierd problem, that's probally caused by a virus.

The newest version of ADWcleaner (4.105) might've been the problem because I updated it yesterday for my parents (they had conduit) and myself (to just check). 

Anyway, When I just got home from work, I noticed 'dropbox' had deleted the program (or it was deleted and asking if i wanted it back). This same thing happend in the morning when I woke up to do some garrison stuff (WoW). I just said I wanted it back and dropbox did. (which is wierd because I knew I didn't remove it)

The problem is fixed now because I used my System Recovery, but I would like to know what the problem could be and if it's not some kind of new virus that can *** up the computer (if ADWcleaner is the problem, then it also could happen to my laptop and my parents computer)

I'd like to hear from you soon Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:29

mgtwan wrote:Hi, 

Here am I again with another wierd problem, that's probally caused by a virus.

The newest version of ADWcleaner (4.105) might've been the problem because I updated it yesterday for my parents (they had conduit) and myself (to just check). 

Anyway, When I just got home from work, I noticed 'dropbox' had deleted the program (or it was deleted and asking if i wanted it back). This same thing happend in the morning when I woke up to do some garrison stuff (WoW). I just said I wanted it back and dropbox did. (which is wierd because I knew I didn't remove it)

The problem is fixed now because I used my System Recovery, but I would like to know what the problem could be and if it's not some kind of new virus that can *** up the computer (if ADWcleaner is the problem, then it also could happen to my laptop and my parents computer)

I'd like to hear from you soon Smile


Hello mgtwan,


There isn't much I can say about it unfortunately, since I never had such an issue myself, but if you have enough reason to believe it's about ADWcleaner, then get rid of it, and re-boot the computer after that.

If you want to do something about adware, use Spybot Search & Destroy (the free version, google for it), and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which you can get here:
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html


After you installed those 2 programs and updated them (!!!), it's a good idea to do a thorough system check too. You could/should even do the system check in safe mode. 


Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Boot-options



In Windows, press the Windows key + R. Then type msconfig and hit enter. Go to the "Boot"-tab, as shown in the example screenshot. Mark "Safe boot" first, and then choose "Minimal". But this is only my recommendation. If let's say you chose "Network", you would then have internet access in addition too. 

After that, click on "Apply", then "OK". You will get a prompt to re-boot, which you should confirm. After the re-boot, do your scans. And when you are done with that, enter this menu again, and UNMARK the "Safe Boot"-box. Click again on Apply + OK, and re-boot.


After that you should be back to normal again. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25766
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 18:47

Thanks for your fast reply Smile. I already got Malware Bytes and he didn't find anything wierd (but he does pop up he found something sometime when I'm surfing on the web).

I got Advanced SystemCare 8.0 I found on an other topic on this forum and it found alot of problems on my computer, but I was wondering if it would've fixed the problem (or problem yet to come).

I was also wondering if it would do the same thing as ADWCleaner, so like removing Conduit from your computer?


I'll do the system check while i wait for your answer Smile

PS: I can't use the Windows button for some reason, so I'll try it manually.

EDIT: I seem to get an error that looks like this: Wierd Error
EDIT2 Fixed the Wierd error problem but the sound problem is back...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 19:06

mgtwan wrote:Thanks for your fast reply Smile. I already got Malware Bytes and he didn't find anything wierd (but he does pop up he found something sometime when I'm surfing on the web).

I got Advanced SystemCare 8.0 I found on an other topic on this forum and it found alot of problems on my computer, but I was wondering if it would've fixed the problem (or problem yet to come).

I was also wondering if it would do the same thing as ADWCleaner, so like removing Conduit from your computer?


I'll do the system check while i wait for your answer Smile

PS: I can't use the Windows button for some reason, so I'll try it manually.


Advanced System Care finds lots of things, but they may not always be related to malware. And yes, Malwarebytes + Spybot S & D are fully-capable anti-malware programs, which - I am almost sure - can do the same things as ADWcleaner (why else would I have suggested them to you, if they couldn't do the same things, btw ? Smile ). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25766
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 19:40

The problem should be fixed now. I've restarted the computer and I don't get that wierd error anymore (found on an other site how to get rid of it) and the music and print-screen still works after restarting.

Thanks for your help/advice Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 19:45

mgtwan wrote:The problem should be fixed now. I've restarted the computer and I don't get that wierd error anymore (found on an other site how to get rid of it) and the music and print-screen still works after restarting.

Thanks for your help/advice Smile


Can you tell us what you did to get rid of it ? So it wasn't a virus-related issue then ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25766
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Dec 2014, 22:35

I don't really know what I did.

I think it was like this:
1. System recovery
2. System check
3. Removed that wierd error via Task Scheduler.
4. Advanced SystemCare 8.0 full scan.

I think that did the job.

PS: Do you know how i can fix my windows button? doesn't seem to work.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 18:44

mgtwan wrote:
PS: Do you know how i can fix my windows button? doesn't seem to work.


Do you mean the Windows-button on your keyboard ? If yes, then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas; but the most immediate thought would be that something's wrong with the hardware itself.

You said you're on a laptop ? If so, do you still have warranty on it ? My experience with repairing non-functioning keyboard buttons on a laptop is zero, so I'm afraid you'll have to consult someone else for better advice.


WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25766
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Dec 2014, 20:54

The windows button problem was on my pc, not on my laptop ^^ 

I've got a G710+ Logitech gaming keyboard.
But I got it fixed now, I pressed a button on the top of my keyboard and it was fixed ^^. No clue what's it called, tho xD

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 18:38

mgtwan wrote:The windows button problem was on my pc, not on my laptop ^^ 

I've got a G710+ Logitech gaming keyboard.
But I got it fixed now, I pressed a button on the top of my keyboard and it was fixed ^^. No clue what's it called, tho xD


Yes, that must be a special keyboard in your case then. Can we consider this solved or do you have any other related questions ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25766
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Another weird problem iTunes doesn't play music and the sound is just gone. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 15:14

This was it, so far.

Thanks Smile



Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum