Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New forum (section) logos.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty New forum (section) logos.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 07:53

Hello all,


Just a quick message to let you know about the new logos that I designed. I basically tried keeping the logos as simple and "logical" as possible, while also making them look "fresh". Very Happy  They will also aid you (and us team members) in navigating through the forum more easily. The old logos here:


New forum (section) logos. Kwdo7fl2a9vx




The new ones:


New forum (section) logos. Zhesaid9bhg8  or  New forum (section) logos. Lboen5ia9ay   ... "No new posts". Right now, we are evaluating the one with the question mark, but we may switch to the simple white box, at some point. Feel free to reply to this post with feedback, as to what looks better for you !



New forum (section) logos. Mtfdg9rsqfaa  ... "No new posts [Popular]"




New forum (section) logos. Aaz3mhz7tuj  ... "No new posts [Locked]"





New forum (section) logos. 17oi8vly8g1q  ... "New posts".



New forum (section) logos. Rjt2t7k9au2h  ... "New posts [Popular]"



New forum (section) logos. 3akfgrnor2vd  ... "New posts [Locked]" 





New forum (section) logos. Y1pzgtfny126 ... Sticky


New forum (section) logos. T5f8mt4yajb ... Announcement



New forum (section) logos. C1z5w5ora9x2  ... Global Anouncement




And as for this here:


New forum (section) logos. 7d88pfna93v



I mainly "modified" the existing ones slightly, so that they actually match the colors from the other sections (green, red, etc.). Also, if you look closely at that screenshot, there is/was a small difference between these old "No new posts" and the "Forum is locked" logos. Can anybody spot the difference ? Very Happy  In the new logos I remedied that too, so that they all look absolutely the same, of course with the difference of the small corner in the bottom right.


New forum (section) logos. Wgkonyk3ngbj ... "Forum is locked"




New forum (section) logos. New_po12  ...  Arrow  a creation by @Admin, since my original proposal was the same as the others, with the exception that the small square was green. It didn't really "stand out".




New forum (section) logos. Bbdnzo6a4jmi  ... "No new posts". 


And that is is from me. We hope you'll like the new "look". Very Happy  Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18957
Points : 25804
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland / Austria

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 09:31

Thank you Carlos for the work you did. These new icons make a very nice change indeed Very Happy

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"



New forum (section) logos. Bn60syW to Games4theworld

New forum (section) logos. 20181110


 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Posts : 15147
Points : 21664
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:03

Lady ElDi wrote:Thank you Carlos for the work you did. These new icons make a very nice change indeed Very Happy


Thank you ! Very Happy  Only now I realized how horrible the old logos looked... Razz  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18957
Points : 25804
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland / Austria

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by Admin on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:14

Carlos wrote:Only now I realized how horrible the old logos looked... Razz  
Thank you! WhatDidUJustCallMe?

_________________
New forum (section) logos. Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18884
Points : 1027592
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:59

@Admin wrote:Thank you! WhatDidUJustCallMe?


Sorry, I guess that was too much. Sad  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18957
Points : 25804
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland / Austria

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by Admin on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:37

Carlos wrote:Sorry, I guess that was too much. Sad  
Nah, it's OK. I also thought that they were horrible, hence I asked for better ones.
Those old ones were from when I first set up this Forum, LOL. (Explains a lot, huh)

_________________
New forum (section) logos. Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18884
Points : 1027592
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 11:56

Carlos wrote:Hello all,


Just a quick message to let you know about the new logos that I designed. I basically tried keeping the logos as simple and "logical" as possible, while also making them look "fresh". Very Happy  They will also aid you (and us team members) in navigating through the forum more easily. The old logos here:


New forum (section) logos. Kwdo7fl2a9vx




The new ones:


New forum (section) logos. Zhesaid9bhg8  or  New forum (section) logos. Lboen5ia9ay   ... "No new posts". Right now, we are evaluating the one with the question mark, but we may switch to the simple white box, at some point. Feel free to reply to this post with feedback, as to what looks better for you !



New forum (section) logos. Mtfdg9rsqfaa  ... "No new posts [Popular]"




New forum (section) logos. Aaz3mhz7tuj  ... "No new posts [Locked]"





New forum (section) logos. 17oi8vly8g1q  ... "New posts".



New forum (section) logos. Rjt2t7k9au2h  ... "New posts [Popular]"



New forum (section) logos. 3akfgrnor2vd  ... "New posts [Locked]" 





New forum (section) logos. Y1pzgtfny126 ... Sticky


New forum (section) logos. T5f8mt4yajb ... Announcement



New forum (section) logos. C1z5w5ora9x2  ... Global Anouncement




And as for this here:


New forum (section) logos. 7d88pfna93v



I mainly "modified" the existing ones slightly, so that they actually match the colors from the other sections (green, red, etc.). Also, if you look closely at that screenshot, there is/was a small difference between these old "No new posts" and the "Forum is locked" logos. Can anybody spot the difference ? Very Happy  In the new logos I remedied that too, so that they all look absolutely the same, of course with the difference of the small corner in the bottom right.


New forum (section) logos. Wgkonyk3ngbj ... "Forum is locked"




New forum (section) logos. New_po12  ...  Arrow  a creation by @Admin, since my original proposal was the same as the others, with the exception that the small square was green. It didn't really "stand out".




New forum (section) logos. Bbdnzo6a4jmi  ... "No new posts". 


And that is is from me. We hope you'll like the new "look". Very Happy  Have fun !
Love the idea! I would just change the Global announcements to a world icon, and the popular to a star, makes more sense to me, of course. I love that admin brought back the grey instead of white for the plain "read" ones, since the white was too strong.

Thanks for always working to make this forum a better place!

_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5739
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 42
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Feb 2015, 19:45

SvenT wrote:Love the idea! I would just change the Global announcements to a world icon, and the popular to a star, makes more sense to me, of course. I love that admin brought back the grey instead of white for the plain "read" ones, since the white was too strong.

Thanks for always working to make this forum a better place!


Thanks for the feedback Sven ! Personally, I found the pure white box OK, but then... Very Happy

As for Sticky, Announcement, Global Announcement and Popular, maybe I'll try coming up with something different over time, but for now, I think this is a HUGE improvement over the old logos. 


Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18957
Points : 25804
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland / Austria

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by Sim Architect on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 10:20

Sure! I didn't mean to complain at all! Really good job, buddy!

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5739
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 42
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by Admin on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 21:40

Carlos wrote:Thanks for the feedback Sven ! Personally, I found the pure white box OK, but then... Very Happy
I agree with Sven, the white was too "powerful", compared to the other icons.

And yes, a huge improvement! Haters gonna hate

_________________
New forum (section) logos. Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18884
Points : 1027592
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

New forum (section) logos. Empty Re: New forum (section) logos.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 22:54

SvenT wrote:Sure! I didn't mean to complain at all! Really good job, buddy!

Tea 1 Tea 1

Almighty Admin wrote:I agree with Sven, the white was too "powerful", compared to the other icons.

And yes, a huge improvement! Haters gonna hate


You are welcome ! Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18957
Points : 25804
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland / Austria

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum