Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 02:17

It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!



_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5561
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 41
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 04 Feb 2015, 07:38

SvenT wrote:It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!




Hello Sven,


Thanks for the instructive video ! However, in my case, I still got an ad, that opened in a new window (on Firefox). I found that an alternative (additional) solution is that in case this happens, you go to "Filter preferences..." (in your video at 1:00) and then go to the "custom filters" tab, next to "Filter subscriptions". Now, in that custom filters-tab, the button "add filter" in the top right of the window will now show up, and you must click on it.

Then you copy the URL of the ad-window, and paste it into the filter. Then just click on "close", and the filter should be added now. You might need to do that several times (for different ads), but after a while, I think it should make a difference. Very Happy  But that is only a workaround and alternative to the specific problem that I myself was facing.


Good video still ! I hope this can help as many people as possible. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Administrator
General of the Armies / Gatekeeper
G4TW RETIRED Administrator General of the Armies / Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Posts : 18944
Points : 25589
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 04:17

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:It works on adblock plus for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and many others running on Windows, Linux, MacOS and so on...

Enjoy!




Hello Sven,


Thanks for the instructive video ! However, in my case, I still got an ad, that opened in a new window (on Firefox). I found that an alternative (additional) solution is that in case this happens, you go to "Filter preferences..." (in your video at 1:00) and then go to the "custom filters" tab, next to "Filter subscriptions". Now, in that custom filters-tab, the button "add filter" in the top right of the window will now show up, and you must click on it.

Then you copy the URL of the ad-window, and paste it into the filter. Then just click on "close", and the filter should be added now. You might need to do that several times (for different ads), but after a while, I think it should make a difference. Very Happy  But that is only a workaround and alternative to the specific problem that I myself was facing.


Good video still ! I hope this can help as many people as possible. Smile  
Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).

Have a great weekend! Hope to see you at our Minecraft server sometime soon!

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5561
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 41
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Admin on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 22:53

SvenT wrote:Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).
What he said.
Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! 72344510

_________________
Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18886
Points : 1027416
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 22:59

SvenT wrote:Thanks!

You can also right click the stuff that "passes through" and use the "AdBlock Plus Pop Up Add on" menu to block the window content or an ad, for example, as it will ask you what you want to block and show you options (you can block the specific object or an entire domain, depending on the case and your desire).

Have a great weekend! Hope to see you at our Minecraft server sometime soon!

Tea 1 Tea 1

King Admin wrote:
SvenT wrote:(...)
What he said.
Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! 72344510


That's not what I meant though. Those ads show up in a whole new browser window/tab. When your press CTRL + N in Chrome for example, a new browser window will open. And that's the thing that I am getting (sometimes). The ad opens in this new window. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  


//EDIT

Thanks for the suggestions though ! I guess I'll have to live with that, or make the best of it. I'm also using my older laptop for most of my internet activities, and this laptop has Windows XP on it. And maybe it also has to do with that... ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Administrator
General of the Armies / Gatekeeper
G4TW RETIRED Administrator General of the Armies / Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Posts : 18944
Points : 25589
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 07 Feb 2015, 05:27

When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5561
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 41
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:25

SvenT wrote:When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1


Sorry for the late reply Sven,


I managed to figure it out "somewhat"...it has to do with me using Windows XP for most of my internet activities (I mainly use my other machine with Windows 7 Ultimate for gaming only). So there seems to be a "hole" in Windows XP, regarding that issue, even if I use an AdBlocker (yes, I use AdBlock on Win XP). 

I don't get that issue on Windows 7 Ultimate. But thanks again for your replies and feedback ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Administrator
General of the Armies / Gatekeeper
G4TW RETIRED Administrator General of the Armies / Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Posts : 18944
Points : 25589
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)! Empty Re: Get rid of "non intrusive ads" using AdBlock Plus (Video Tutorial)!

Post by Sim Architect on Fri 20 Feb 2015, 12:13

Carlos wrote:
SvenT wrote:When you get a new window ad, you can right click anywhere in the new window and use the option "Block this Window". I never came to that issue, but that should fix it. Do you have the pop up blocker turned on, by the way? I don't even get pop ups from sites I want unless I enable them, so no pop ups with ads either. Maybe you need to look for malware running on your pc?

Tea 1 Tea 1


Sorry for the late reply Sven,


I managed to figure it out "somewhat"...it has to do with me using Windows XP for most of my internet activities (I mainly use my other machine with Windows 7 Ultimate for gaming only). So there seems to be a "hole" in Windows XP, regarding that issue, even if I use an AdBlocker (yes, I use AdBlock on Win XP). 

I don't get that issue on Windows 7 Ultimate. But thanks again for your replies and feedback ! Smile 
Nice to know that was the reason. I don't even use Windows 7, since they came up with 8.1, so I don't even remember how it was to work on XP or Vista, ha ha ha. I am actually running Windows 10 right now, just to give you an idea Wink

I haven't been around much lately as well, don't worry, I sold some parts of my PC and I won't get my new machine until near the end of next month.

So, let's have some tea while we wait...

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Enjoy the game however you want it, because you own it!

The Sim Architect



www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 2137
Points : 5561
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 41
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum