Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 Gallery - again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 18:40

A screenshot of a PM I got:


TS4 Gallery - again. IdFiDJH




Sorry, but I'm having some difficulties understanding what exactly this user is trying to tell me. Sad   Facepalm  

If his original problem was the endless connecting, he should maybe try connecting later in the day again ? Also, if he is trying to say that you can load a savefile while being online in Origin, and THEN using the gallery (while in a save)...then it could work if you only download from the gallery - but not actually save the game. But I haven't tried it on my own.

I would still say that a separate topic for this isn't necessary (though the user is certainly well-meaning, if he decides to PM me for that). Also, it's a bit hazardous doing this while in a save, since many people will "instinctively" (or accidentally) save the game. It's better to do this according to SeoY's guide, namely accessing the gallery only from the main menu.

But if any of you has an alternative solution, let me know.  Oh my...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by SeoY on Mon 23 Feb 2015, 18:54

Hi, Carlos! Very Happy

I think that what he was initially trying to say is that he wanted to connect to the Gallery and still have the DLC in the game. So, he was trying to connect with Origin closed, and it obviously didn't work.

And then tried to explain how to load a savefile while connected and download things from the Gallery without losing game data, yes. And I think it certainly works, you just need to be sure to don't save when closing the savefile. But I agree, it's very risky to go doing that because someone may accidentally save, removing the DLC from the game. It's always better to only access it from the Main Menu.

I wonder if he saw that we already have a guide on how to connect to the Gallery? He has good intentions, but all of the things he said are already covered in my guide, so I agree that there is no need for another one.

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.

TS4 Gallery - again. 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Posts : 1759
Points : 4817
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 24
Location : City of Tears

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by Admin on Tue 24 Feb 2015, 15:58

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that he PM'ed me too, and also e-mailed...
Did you reply to him already, Carlos?

_________________
TS4 Gallery - again. Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18886
Points : 1027525
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Feb 2015, 19:23

@Admin wrote:Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that he PM'ed me too, and also e-mailed...
Did you reply to him already, Carlos?


He actually posted the same (issue, not the whole message) somewhere on the forum, in the TS4 section. Saying he knew how to connect with DLCs.... I replied to him on the forum instead - but so far he hasn't posted back.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?


//EDIT

@SeoY wrote:Hi, Carlos! TS4 Gallery - again. Icon_biggrin

I think that what he was initially trying to say is that he wanted to connect to the Gallery and still have the DLC in the game. So, he was trying to connect with Origin closed, and it obviously didn't work.

And then tried to explain how to load a savefile while connected and download things from the Gallery without losing game data, yes. And I think it certainly works, you just need to be sure to don't save when closing the savefile. But I agree, it's very risky to go doing that because someone may accidentally save, removing the DLC from the game. It's always better to only access it from the Main Menu.

I wonder if he saw that we already have a guide on how to connect to the Gallery? He has good intentions, but all of the things he said are already covered in my guide, so I agree that there is no need for another one.


Very nice ! And indeed, your guide should indeed do for this topic. That's why I also stickied it..so that as many people as possible see it in the TS4 Fixes section.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 20:30

Can anybody confirm this problem here ?
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20727-i-am-unable-to-start-the-sims-4-while-origin-is-running


A lot of users now come up with the same issue, but interestingly, I can still connect to the gallery and download stuff...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by SeoY on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 21:12

Carlos wrote:Can anybody confirm this problem here ?
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20727-i-am-unable-to-start-the-sims-4-while-origin-is-running


A lot of users now come up with the same issue, but interestingly, I can still connect to the gallery and download stuff...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm having the same problem, to be honest. But casually the day they started having this issue I also formatted my computer completely, so I can't say for sure if the Origin update is the culprit or I just messed up my TS4 installation. Maybe EA finally patched the access to the Gallery.

You have a legit version of the game, right? Maybe that's why you can access the Gallery normally in that account. You could verify this by creating a mock-up account where you don't have the game and see if you can access the Gallery in that one. There may still be a workaround, but I highly doubt it. 

I'm waiting for a confirmation from more people to see if I should modify/cross-out my 'guide' clarifying that it doesn't work anymore, and we have no access to the Gallery now. People are not going to be happy about that...

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.

TS4 Gallery - again. 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Posts : 1759
Points : 4817
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 24
Location : City of Tears

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 Jul 2015, 17:47

@SeoY wrote:
I'm having the same problem, to be honest. But casually the day they started having this issue I also formatted my computer completely, so I can't say for sure if the Origin update is the culprit or I just messed up my TS4 installation. Maybe EA finally patched the access to the Gallery.

You have a legit version of the game, right? Maybe that's why you can access the Gallery normally in that account. You could verify this by creating a mock-up account where you don't have the game and see if you can access the Gallery in that one. There may still be a workaround, but I highly doubt it. 

I'm waiting for a confirmation from more people to see if I should modify/cross-out my 'guide' clarifying that it doesn't work anymore, and we have no access to the Gallery now. People are not going to be happy about that...


Sorry for the late reply SeoY, but that's a very good point ! Didn't think about that myself... Oh my...  But yes, I'll try making a mock account later on and see if it's working (with only the Sims 4 CAS demo).

In that sense though, I think you are right. Even without testing it myself, I'm almost sure EA wisened up now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 05:37

See this post here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20727-i-am-unable-to-start-the-sims-4-while-origin-is-running#140655


When you're ready, we will un-sticky the old guide about connecting to the gallery and lock the topic too. After that, if you like, you could write up something new, like the workaround with downloading from within the CAS demo itself, and then transferring the files from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 CAS demo\Tray into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray.

However, I only did this once, a long time ago, with the old 3DM game, and if I recall corretly, it worked back then. I'm not sure if it still works today, but when I get to it, I will test it out.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by SeoY on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 05:54

Carlos wrote:See this post here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20727-i-am-unable-to-start-the-sims-4-while-origin-is-running#140655


When you're ready, we will un-sticky the old guide about connecting to the gallery and lock the topic too. After that, if you like, you could write up something new, like the workaround with downloading from within the CAS demo itself, and then transferring the files from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 CAS demo\Tray into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray.

However, I only did this once, a long time ago, with the old 3DM game, and if I recall corretly, it worked back then. I'm not sure if it still works today, but when I get to it, I will test it out.

Well, it was meant to happen at some point I think. Thanks for checking, though. Smile

The problem is: I think the Gallery from the CAS Demo is *very* limited now, if not completely disabled. I did install the CAS Demo this week, trying to test exactly this, and as always only Sims were available (goodbye Lots and Rooms), but I also noticed that the latest uploads were not abundant. There was like only one Family uploaded 'last week' -when I checked-, and considering the popularity of The Sims 4, that seems very unlikely. I can't proof check with the real Gallery though, as I don't have the game. But those are my suspicions.

Do you think I should edit the guide to put in big red letters at the top that it doesn't work anymore, and delete the rest? You can un-sticky it and lock it too, but some people are going to come asking what happened about the Gallery and why they can't access it anymore. There should be a way to update them about that. Also, looking at some of the latest torrents for the game (searching for the latest update) I noticed there was at least one claiming to be an 'Online Patch' that linked to my Guide. I found it funny, but that could be another reason to edit it so it's clear that it doesn't work now. Too bad about that.

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.

TS4 Gallery - again. 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Posts : 1759
Points : 4817
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 24
Location : City of Tears

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 06:06

@SeoY wrote:
Well, it was meant to happen at some point I think. Thanks for checking, though. Smile

The problem is: I think the Gallery from the CAS Demo is *very* limited now, if not completely disabled. I did install the CAS Demo this week, trying to test exactly this, and as always only Sims were available (goodbye Lots and Rooms), but I also noticed that the latest uploads were not abundant. There was like only one Family uploaded 'last week' -when I checked-, and considering the popularity of The Sims 4, that seems very unlikely. I can't proof check with the real Gallery though, as I don't have the game. But those are my suspicions.

Do you think I should edit the guide to put in big red letters at the top that it doesn't work anymore, and delete the rest? You can un-sticky it and lock it too, but some people are going to come asking what happened about the Gallery and why they can't access it anymore. There should be a way to update them about that. Also, looking at some of the latest torrents for the game (searching for the latest update) I noticed there was at least one claiming to be an 'Online Patch' that linked to my Guide. I found it funny, but that could be another reason to edit it so it's clear that it doesn't work now. Too bad about that.


Thanks for testing the Sims 4 CAS demo, I had no idea about that, but on the other hand, it is logical (from EA's perspective). WhatDidUJustCallMe?  My suggestion for now would be indeed that you put a notice at the beginning of the post, in big red letters. You can leave the actual guide as it is, or delete it; that is not so important I think.


What you should also do in addition to the note at the beginning of the opening post, is write a NEW post at the end of the thread, where you basically repeat that the guide doesn't work anymore.

As for me, I'm thinking about actually leaving the topic, although obsolete, as a Sticky, so that is more easily visible. As you said, there will certainly be lots of people asking about it, but if the obsolete post can be seen more easily, this could mitigate things a bit. Very Happy  Haters gonna hate  But I will definitely close the thread then, as you yourself cannot do that (yet).


Good job again !  I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by SeoY on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 06:31

Carlos wrote:
Thanks for testing the Sims 4 CAS demo, I had no idea about that, but on the other hand, it is logical (from EA's perspective). WhatDidUJustCallMe?  My suggestion for now would be indeed that you put a notice at the beginning of the post, in big red letters. You can leave the actual guide as it is, or delete it; that is not so important I think.


What you should also do in addition to the note at the beginning of the opening post, is write a NEW post at the end of the thread, where you basically repeat that the guide doesn't work anymore.

As for me, I'm thinking about actually leaving the topic, although obsolete, as a Sticky, so that is more easily visible. As you said, there will certainly be lots of people asking about it, but if the obsolete post can be seen more easily, this could mitigate things a bit. Very Happy  Haters gonna hate  But I will definitely close the thread then, as you yourself cannot do that (yet).


Good job again !  I tip my fedora.

OK, I just added the announcement at the top with some relevant info and also made another post at the end of the thread. About the original guide, I just deleted the pictures as they took most of the space and crossed out the rest. Who knows, maybe another update will make them slip up and unblock the access to the Gallery. Haha, talk about wishful thinking.

I think that's it for the Gallery for now. It was nice while it lasted (I think? I haven't even played The Sims 4 yet). Thanks, Carlos, for your help and everything. I tip my fedora.

_________________
"The capital lies before us my friend. What a sombre place it seems and one that holds the answers to many a mystery." - Quirrel.

TS4 Gallery - again. 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Posts : 1759
Points : 4817
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 24
Location : City of Tears

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery - again. Empty Re: TS4 Gallery - again.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 20:42

Bumping the thread to let you all know that it's not even possible anymore to connect to the gallery with a pirated Sims 4, even if your Origin account has a legit Sims 4 on it ("hooray" Sad ). Because if you log into Origin, and then try running the pirated .exe files of The Sims 4, nothing will happen. However, once you log off Origin, and close all Origin-related windows, the pirated .exe files work again just fine.

You really need to actually download the legit Sims 4 basegame, and from within that legit basegame, access the gallery.

This relatively quick chain of events, in which the access to the gallery was successively limited step-by-step, is for me another indicator that EA are watching the forum, possible closer than ever. 

I wanted to post a subtle critique/rant against EA on the FB page, but then all those EA-fanboys/fangirls and EA-hired trolls will suddenly pop out of nowhere (again) and start insulting me. Not that I care much of the opinion of EA-lackeys (regarding EA and their products), but it is likely to get ugly again on the FB page, and bans would most likely follow...and that is not necessary. No, that's probably not the right way of dealing with these new developments, as much as I am tempted here.

But it surely has some implications regarding the future work (of team members) on here, which I will try and formulate into a post, later on maybe. 


WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18953
Points : 25727
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Hermit Kingdom

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum