Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? Empty Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics?

Post by coolcandy3001 on Sat 30 May 2015, 01:14

Call me picky but I just hate looknig at Nicki Minaj and her fake bdy it make me feel sick and I'm posting this here so the person who has it as her proflie pic doesn't know how much I hate her but oh my god I feel sick and self conscious when seeing Nicki Minaj and that picture has to much fake boob for my liking and ughhhhhh ; - ;
sorry if this is annoying I am havng an anxirty attack and i hst dont feel to good i think i need to lie down and sleep because i just dont felel rgiht.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW TEA MURDERER
How could you??? :(
G4TW TEA MURDERER How could you??? :(

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? Empty Re: Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 30 May 2015, 02:53

@coolcandy3001 wrote:Call me picky but I just hate looknig at Nicki Minaj and her fake bdy it make me feel sick and I'm posting this here so the person who has it as her proflie pic doesn't know how much I hate her but oh my god I feel sick and self conscious when seeing Nicki Minaj and that picture has to much fake boob for my liking and ughhhhhh ; - ;
sorry if this is annoying I am havng an anxirty attack and i hst dont feel to good i think i need to lie down and sleep because i just dont felel rgiht.

Hello coolcandy,

On your navigation bar at the top of the forum, click on "Profile", and then under "Friends and Foes". At the bottom of the tab you can add a foe - the user whose forum message(s) you don't want to see anymore. If you block a user that way, the whole block of the message - including the profile avatar - will be hidden by a narrow window saying something like "this post was made by user xxx, who is currently on your ignore list". You can then still choose to display the post of course. And this will apply to any thread the user has posted in.

Also note that if you choose to block a user that way, he or she will not be able anymore to PM you either. 

Hope this helps !

P.S. slightly off-topic, but as an interesting sidenote, Moderators and Admins cannot be blocked that way, as every now and then a situation occurs where we need to warn a user via PM. And if we couldn't do that anymore, it would defeat the purpose of having Mods and Admins. It doesn't matter if a user deliberately doesn't open such a warning PM; I myself have seen a number of users who "guessed in advance" that the PM I sent was a warning, hence they didn't open the PM (you can't ignore e.g court orders in your mailbox either). 

The important thing is though that we must be able to send those PMs if necessary.

Haters gonna hate  Very Happy  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? Empty Re: Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 30 May 2015, 09:18

Hello,

I would try not to let it bother me to be honest. You say it's a fake body, it might even be a fake picture. Do you know why people use "sexy" pictures as their avatar? Think about it.... They are probably pretty insecure and try to get validation that way.

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? Bn60syW to Games4theworld

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 20181110

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW Super Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW Super Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat 30 May 2015, 09:21

Carlos wrote:At the bottom of the tab you can add a foe - the user whose forum message(s) you don't want to see anymore. If you block a user that way, the whole block of the message - including the profile avatar - will be hidden by a narrow window saying something like "this post was made by user xxx, who is currently on your ignore list". You can then still choose to display the post of course. And this will apply to any thread the user has posted in.
I learned something new today. Very Happy Never tried the "foes" system.
It's like I learn something new about this Forum every few days. A while back Sim Architect showed me that it was actually possible to see whether your sent PMs have been read or not. Why God.

Thanks too, Carlos!

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 30 May 2015, 13:06

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I would try not to let it bother me to be honest. You say it's a fake body, it might even be a fake picture. Do you know why people use "sexy" pictures as their avatar? Think about it.... They are probably pretty insecure and try to get validation that way.

What he said. 

I didn't want to be blunt before (maybe I should have, lol), but another dimension to look at it is this: the thing with the "foes" might be an option for regular users and "Helpers", but if you are in a position with moderating capabilities (Sims Helper and above), then it might be a bad idea to have such a foe's list. You would really have to "unfold" each and every hidden message, to check the contents for any e.g. rule violations and whatnot, and that in turn has the potential of seriously disrupting the "workflow", at least it does for me. And in general, as a (semi-) Mod, you should be able to "bear" uncomfortable content too, at least to some extent. 

@coolcandy3001, so should you ever "advance" past your current Helpers-rank, I'd suggest you think about not adding anybody to your foe's list. Very Happy  In the end of course, it's up to you what to do with this forum feature.

@Admin wrote:
Carlos wrote:(...)
I learned something new today. Very Happy Never tried the "foes" system.
It's like I learn something new about this Forum every few days. A while back Sim Architect showed me that it was actually possible to see whether your sent PMs have been read or not. Why God.

Thanks too, Carlos!

You're welcome. Very Happy

P.S. I actually had to look up via Google who this "Nicki Minaj" was or is...oh well. Haters gonna hate  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 31 May 2015, 08:24

Carlos wrote:

P.S. I actually had to look up via Google who this "Nicki Minaj" was or is...oh well. Haters gonna hate  

I didn't even realize I could do that. This is a .. celebrity? lol  Facepalm

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? Bn60syW to Games4theworld

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 20181110

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW Super Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW Super Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Sun 31 May 2015, 18:11

Carlos wrote:On your navigation bar at the top of the forum, click on "Profile", and then under "Friends and Foes". At the bottom of the tab you can add a foe - the user whose forum message(s) you don't want to see anymore. If you block a user that way, the whole block of the message - including the profile avatar - will be hidden by a narrow window saying something like "this post was made by user xxx, who is currently on your ignore list". You can then still choose to display the post of course. And this will apply to any thread the user has posted in.

Also note that if you choose to block a user that way, he or she will not be able anymore to PM you either. 

Hope this helps !

So that's what the 'foe' feature is for! Surprised
Never dared to try it myself. Kind of unintuitive, though, with that name it's purpose is not very clear. But I just noticed that it's explained in the profile page, never read that before. Facepalm
I'm not sure if it's embedded in the Forum's software, or if Admin can change it himself, but renaming it to 'ignore list' would be better, so that all of the users can know what it's for just by reading the name. "Friends and foes" sounds cool but it may be confusing. Just a suggestion, though.

@coolcandy3001, don't let things like that go to your head that bad. Although I agree it's not a pleasure to look at pictures of her either. If you want, I'm sure a script could be made for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey to block that specific user's avatar and signature image without the need to ignore them completely. Or use custom rules in ad-blocking extensions (μBlock/Adblock Plus) to filter those images. It may seem a lot of work just to block a couple of images, but if you loathe looking at her that much, to the point that you get physically ill, it may be desirable. It's just if you want, of course.

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 00:10

@SeoY wrote:
Carlos wrote:On your navigation bar at the top of the forum, click on "Profile", and then under "Friends and Foes". At the bottom of the tab you can add a foe - the user whose forum message(s) you don't want to see anymore. If you block a user that way, the whole block of the message - including the profile avatar - will be hidden by a narrow window saying something like "this post was made by user xxx, who is currently on your ignore list". You can then still choose to display the post of course. And this will apply to any thread the user has posted in.

Hope this helps !

So that's what the 'foe' feature is for! Surprised
Never dared to try it myself. Kind of unintuitive, though, with that name it's purpose is not very clear. But I just noticed that it's explained in the profile page, never read that before. Facepalm
I'm not sure if it's embedded in the Forum's software, or if Admin can change it himself, but renaming it to 'ignore list' would be better, so that all of the users can know what it's for just by reading the name. "Friends and foes" sounds cool but it may be confusing. Just a suggestion, though.

@coolcandy3001, don't let things like that go to your head that bad. Although I agree it's not a pleasure to look at pictures of her either. If you want, I'm sure a script could be made for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey to block that specific user's avatar and signature image without the need to ignore them completely. Or use custom rules in ad-blocking extensions (μBlock/Adblock Plus) to filter those images. It may seem a lot of work just to block a couple of images, but if you loathe looking at her that much, to the point that you get physically ill, it may be desirable. It's just if you want, of course.
I feel so dumb - forgot I could do that lol. I don't even remember writing this post tbh o.o
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW TEA MURDERER
How could you??? :(
G4TW TEA MURDERER How could you??? :(

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 00:12

Actually it's just one click away with Adblock Plus (Free):
Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 1234410
Not a lot of work at all. It will block here profile picture on all pages, since the link is the same.

And no, I can't change it to "Ignore", it's embedded in the Forum software. But... we can report that to the host, and they can change it. (Like we did with "unlegitimated" vs "illegitimate" - that was you, right?)
I'll report this one too, see if they'll change it. Might be too much work, because they'd have to change all strings for "foe". (There are also some strings for it in the Administration Panel)

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SeoY on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 03:13

@Admin wrote:Actually it's just one click away with Adblock Plus (Free):
Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 1234410
Not a lot of work at all. It will block here profile picture on all pages, since the link is the same.

And no, I can't change it to "Ignore", it's embedded in the Forum software. But... we can report that to the host, and they can change it. (Like we did with "unlegitimated" vs "illegitimate" - that was you, right?)
I'll report this one too, see if they'll change it. Might be too much work, because they'd have to change all strings for "foe". (There are also some strings for it in the Administration Panel)

Also one click away in μBlock Origin. Very Happy
Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 2015-010
But if she doesn't have any of these extensions, it may *seem* like a lot of work. Of course, saving headaches is fortunately only a few clicks away.

And yes, that was me. Razz
But that was an actual mistake, while this is more of a pet peeve with the usage of the word. But I guess just making a suggestion makes no harm. It's up to you. Good job!

Anyway to disable seeing peoples profile pics? 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum