Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday! Empty Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday!

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 19:09

Love it!!! Let's have some tea, and link the topic whenever the same question comes. But... What to do with people who persist they did everything according to the video? Should we just consider they MIGHT be doing something wrong or is the crack well tested enough for us to have a certainty it's the user's fault?

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday! RVgKr4l

Ah, about that. My anti virus quarantined my dll three times since yesterday, even though I allowed it previously manually on my torrents folder (I did not exclude it, as probably many other users did with their GAME folder, just allowing the rldorigin.dll, trust me, they won't admit, but lots of them are certainly doing it!). Expect a new wave of people complaining pretty soon. Maybe they changed the "code" for the same "virus" to catch cracked games from people who did the anti virus thingy before? Windows Defender even wanted to RESTART my entire computer because of that, and there was a warning like the crack was a real sever threat etc!

One curious thing, did anybody try the old "Games 4 the World" originrld.dll with the new game to see if they go together? It there a way for us to "open it" and "update some little data" inside of it, since it's not usually detected by anti viruses as a threat, then we could release a "better version" of the fix?

Just ideas, of course. Have a great evening!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday! Empty Re: Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday!

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 00:38

I am thinking about using the standard reply below, myself, of course Wink

Suggestions?

==========

Sorry, but you probably missed a step in the video below (the PDF guide is outdated), specially something related to how you handle your anti virus (we do not provide anti-virus or operating system support, sorry), Windows Defender persists removing the crack if you do not exclude the right folders at the right time (before you even start downloading anything) as explained in the video.

If you only allow or restore the crack, the anti virus will remove it again after a while. Also, Origin has to be NOT running in the background (closing its window isn’t enough, you have to kill the origin.exe process) or, if it is, it has to be on OFF LINE mode at ALL TIMES you play.

Remember, this is a temporary fix and it may require some extra work than usual to work properly, sorry. We do not create the cracks, we just repack then and show how it is possible to run the game using them, so we’re not responsible for side effects on your computer or the game not working in some cases (even though we always try our best to help, of course).

Thanks!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

The Sims 4 All in One Portable [All Versions Available, Including the Latest, Always HERE]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday! Empty Re: Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday!

Post by SeoY on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 00:53

Sim, what are you doing? Why are you just copy and pasting this reply and then closing topics? The topics are supposed to be closed after the original poster's problem is solved, not to just point them to your video and send them on their way.

Love the new warning! Thanks, Admin!!! Ah! And Anti Virus Quarantined Same DLL even after Told not to Before, 3x Already Since Yesterday! 8BC49BC64E20BC22BCB65922C62C08B0787C04C1
"Isn't this a wonderful spot for a rest? I so love the sound of the rain upon glass."
SeoY
SeoY
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Bioshock 1-2, The Sims series, Terraria, Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Batman: Arkham series, Ōkami, Metal Gear Solid series, The Binding of Isaac, Silent Hill, Ace Attorney, Civilization V, Portal 2, Minecraft

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 06:41

@SeoY wrote:Sim, what are you doing? Why are you just copy and pasting this reply and then closing topics? The topics are supposed to be closed after the original poster's problem is solved, not to just point them to your video and send them on their way.
Sorry, I think I had a few minutes of crazyness, it happens...

Thanks for warning me, though! Glad we met on line tonight!

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri 11 Sep 2015, 23:17

Hi there,

That warning has been there for a very long time, just saying. Razz

And why is the PDF guide outdated? I is confused It has been updated for the latest version of the Fix, by Carlos?

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Sep 2015, 06:51

@Admin wrote:And why is the PDF guide outdated? I is confused It has been updated for the latest version of the Fix, by Carlos?

It isn't outdated. And the reason I did not include this here (just updated yesterday, to include some new information and content), was mainly out of practicality reasons: nobody would read this, even though it is important. But maybe in future installation guides, you could indeed put just a link to this topic and/or Sim Architect's video guide. 

Those who prefer some good old reading can then easily find the topic on the forum. 

And those who prefer more "(audio)visual stuff" will be well-served with Sim Architect's videos. 

//EDIT

I believe though that if people don't have the patience to do all of that, it doesn't matter if you provide a video or a thorough guide. The guide I linked to is *still* meant as an introduction to the subject matter; something that merely helps people in understanding the importance of this topic. It is not meant as a guide that takes people by their hands. 

I also removed the portion from my old guide that says "you need to do all of this before downloading TS4". Again, mainly because of practicality reasons: you cannot "add install folders to the anti-virus exclusions" if the program itself hasn't been installed yet. You could of course create the folders beforehand of course, but who would want to do that ? Same goes for the firewall exclusions. I did mention that people can add whole hard-drives to the exclusions beforehand, but that may not be the best solution. The only thing you can do is to tell - in each part separately - what steps people can do at which point exactly. And I did not do that (or at least not for every part of the guide), because of simplicity. 

The guide is already VERY long, and that alone will "deter" a lot of people. Making them skip the whole thing. If the average person already has difficulties with the must-read guide of Sims 3, you can expect this here to be much worse. 

On a positive side, it seems that RELOADED have changed/improved something about their crack. The portion about the "firewall exclusions" does not seem to be necessary (for all people ?) anymore. I remember people having to configure both Windows firewall and any third-party firewalls too. But I myself can now run the game with the TS4.exe even being blocked in the firewall. So that should make your task a bit easier. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 13:27

Carlos wrote:
@Admin wrote:And why is the PDF guide outdated? I is confused It has been updated for the latest version of the Fix, by Carlos?

It isn't outdated. And the reason I did not include this here (just updated yesterday, to include some new information and content), was mainly out of practicality reasons: nobody would read this, even though it is important. But maybe in future installation guides, you could indeed put just a link to this topic and/or Sim Architect's video guide. 

Those who prefer some good old reading can then easily find the topic on the forum. 

And those who prefer more "(audio)visual stuff" will be well-served with Sim Architect's videos. 

//EDIT

I believe though that if people don't have the patience to do all of that, it doesn't matter if you provide a video or a thorough guide. The guide I linked to is *still* meant as an introduction to the subject matter; something that merely helps people in understanding the importance of this topic. It is not meant as a guide that takes people by their hands. 

I also removed the portion from my old guide that says "you need to do all of this before downloading TS4". Again, mainly because of practicality reasons: you cannot "add install folders to the anti-virus exclusions" if the program itself hasn't been installed yet. You could of course create the folders beforehand of course, but who would want to do that ? Same goes for the firewall exclusions. I did mention that people can add whole hard-drives to the exclusions beforehand, but that may not be the best solution. The only thing you can do is to tell - in each part separately - what steps people can do at which point exactly. And I did not do that (or at least not for every part of the guide), because of simplicity. 

The guide is already VERY long, and that alone will "deter" a lot of people. Making them skip the whole thing. If the average person already has difficulties with the must-read guide of Sims 3, you can expect this here to be much worse. 

On a positive side, it seems that RELOADED have changed/improved something about their crack. The portion about the "firewall exclusions" does not seem to be necessary (for all people ?) anymore. I remember people having to configure both Windows firewall and any third-party firewalls too. But I myself can now run the game with the TS4.exe even being blocked in the firewall. So that should make your task a bit easier. Smile
What he said. (except I believe we SHOULD create the folders before downloading everything etc, to have the most similar environments possible) ...and now microsoft is getting creative with the names too!

I just got a warning that my crack has a "Hadsruda!bit" virus Very Happy

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Program%3aWin32%2fHadsruda!bit&threatid=213971&enterprise=0

Of course, no technical information so far, as their goal is probably just to scare people and break the game Wink

They aren't even taking some time to write a little tiny lie for us to read Facepalm

Be prepared for more desperate people asking for help with their broken games Sad

I miss old times when the anti virus would WARN US before doing anything to our system! Now, they just do as they please and we have to keep running behind them trying to fix what they break.

Also, I just found out that some countries, like UK, are starting a practice among the ISP, where they purpusefully "break" the "torrent downloading mechanism" (just Google for "torrent is not valid bencoding" if you wanna have some fun)...

After all, it's all about money Wat.

They close one door today, someone finds three tomorrow, no problem Very Happy

It is funny that they weren't this aggressive with the base game or the earlier expansions, but it seems there's some "hype" around the Spa Day & Cool Kitchen updates, for some reason, that made EA invest on this kind of terrorism...

Now I wonder: is there a "pirate friendly" anti virus around or would it defeat the "real" purpose behind anti viruses, which would be making our computers slower (so we buy more hardware) and finicky (so we buy pirate more software)?

I did some research and I only found people who hate anti virus systems, so they won't use them, or the "other team" which says that piracy is "bad". I wonder if I am the first dumb person to ask that question for "real" (piracy friendly anti virus), or if our internet is that badly censored and I am too naive and it took me this long to figure this out? Nobody seems to "endorse piracy" at all, that is how irrelevant we are Rolling Eyes !!

I remember censorship at Google searches, but they would show those warnings in the results letting us know that some content was blocked because it disrespected copyright laws. Now, are they just cutting us off from real information like that? Plain and simple? No needs for excuses anymore? As if the "good juice" never existed in the first place?

Well, let's have some tea and think about it...

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 13:39

Awesome GUIDE, Carlos! Thanks!!!

Tea 1 Tea 1

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:26

@Sim Architect wrote:What he said. (except I believe we SHOULD create the folders before downloading everything etc, to have the most similar environments possible) ...and now microsoft is getting creative with the names too!

I just got a warning that my crack has a "Hadsruda!bit" virus Very Happy

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?name=Program%3aWin32%2fHadsruda!bit&threatid=213971&enterprise=0

Of course, no technical information so far, as their goal is probably just to scare people and break the game Wink

They aren't even taking some time to write a little tiny lie for us to read Facepalm

Be prepared for more desperate people asking for help with their broken games Sad

I miss old times when the anti virus would WARN US before doing anything to our system! Now, they just do as they please and we have to keep running behind them trying to fix what they break.

Also, I just found out that some countries, like UK, are starting a practice among the ISP, where they purpusefully "break" the "torrent downloading mechanism" (just Google for "torrent is not valid bencoding" if you wanna have some fun)...

After all, it's all about money Wat.

They close one door today, someone finds three tomorrow, no problem Very Happy

It is funny that they weren't this aggressive with the base game or the earlier expansions, but it seems there's some "hype" around the Spa Day & Cool Kitchen updates, for some reason, that made EA invest on this kind of terrorism...

Now I wonder: is there a "pirate friendly" anti virus around or would it defeat the "real" purpose behind anti viruses, which would be making our computers slower (so we buy more hardware) and finicky (so we buy pirate more software)?

I did some research and I only found people who hate anti virus systems, so they won't use them, or the "other team" which says that piracy is "bad". I wonder if I am the first dumb person to ask that question for "real" (piracy friendly anti virus), or if our internet is that badly censored and I am too naive and it took me this long to figure this out? Nobody seems to "endorse piracy" at all, that is how irrelevant we are Rolling Eyes !!

I remember censorship at Google searches, but they would show those warnings in the results letting us know that some content was blocked because it disrespected copyright laws. Now, are they just cutting us off from real information like that? Plain and simple? No needs for excuses anymore? As if the "good juice" never existed in the first place?

Well, let's have some tea and think about it...

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

@Sim Architect wrote:Awesome GUIDE, Carlos! Thanks!!!

Tea 1 Tea 1

Thanks Sim Architect. Smile  I will try and stay on the ball, and provide updates to the guide when possible, and try making it even easier to read/understand.

About the "corrupted" torrents, that happened for me too sometimes. Most recently with one Windows 10 .ISO from TPB, where I ended up with an error during burning it to a DVD. I ended up downloading a different torrent, and that one finally worked. Indeed, it seems that tech-savvy haters also download torrents, but then modify those and seed that modified torrent. I do know that torrent clients have some built-in mechanism to recognize "changes" in the packages that are seeded, but that doesn't always seem to work. Indeed, governments are now "more on it" than they used to. Especially those countries that have close diplomatic and/or economic ties to the US; for instance the UK, Germany, Israel, also Turkey I believe, to name a few.

About anti-virus programs, the problem with those is that the "pirated" installers are usually the same as the official ones that you get from their websites. The main difference lies in the serial number/licence file that is provided. Experience shows that these pirated licences get blacklisted after a short while already. I myself was lucky to find an avast licence file that seemed to be working. I suggest you look for either avast or Kaspersky. Both are good programs, and (!), they don't use as much system resources as other programs, like Norton for example. Also, both avast and Kaspersky actually accept your input (exclusions and other settings): something that is not as common as you might think. 

Pirated avast programs often come with licence files, but I'm not sure about Kaspersky. The Kaspersky I am using right now has a "trial reset" included which I haven't tested yet. Try avast at first, and see if you can get hold of a pirated licence; if not, I may try and upload some licences that you may give a try. Smile

And if that still doesn't work, just go for the free avast; that should already help with virus protection. Plus: as mentioned, it overrides the damn Windows Defender on Windows 10. In fact, any third-party anti-virus will/should override Windows Defender. Whether you are using basic or "professional" program versions.

Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 02:02

Thanks, Carlos!!

When I said "pirate friendly" I meant an anti virus that won't treat cracks and fixes as viruses, but will "know" the difference between the two things (like it used to be in the past) Smile

Glad to know about aVast and Kaspersky, I did not know that they actually took our input into consideration in a different way compared to the others. I am using Windows Defender because it's free and it "feels" lighter than 3rd party alternatives, but I would seriously consider a free or open source anti virus with a more friendly approach to users like us, who love our pirated stuff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry for not being much of a helper myself for the past few days, I have been a bit busier (sold my laptop, posted today, using old computer instead Wink ) and slower as well.

No complaints about the guides from you at all, I just "kind of remember" something was off on it (meaning that, if I followed the steps like when you trace a software, the game would not work, so I did something different in my video instead, but I can't remember exactly what Facepalm, being that the main reason I tell people to go to the video instead of reading the guide, besides the loved audience, of course Smile).

I am more of a reader myself than a tutorial watcher, since it's usually faster and easier to multitask with a PDF than a YouTube video, specially if you have to wait files to be copied etc (I'd rather watch a TV show or something else instead, and probably most people), but I also know some people that will prefer an hour long video than a four page guide Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1

The Sim Architect

www.thesimarchitect.com

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Sep 2015, 10:25

@Sim Architect wrote:Thanks, Carlos!!

When I said "pirate friendly" I meant an anti virus that won't treat cracks and fixes as viruses, but will "know" the difference between the two things (like it used to be in the past) Smile

Glad to know about aVast and Kaspersky, I did not know that they actually took our input into consideration in a different way compared to the others. I am using Windows Defender because it's free and it "feels" lighter than 3rd party alternatives, but I would seriously consider a free or open source anti virus with a more friendly approach to users like us, who love our pirated stuff Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry for not being much of a helper myself for the past few days, I have been a bit busier (sold my laptop, posted today, using old computer instead Wink ) and slower as well.

No complaints about the guides from you at all, I just "kind of remember" something was off on it (meaning that, if I followed the steps like when you trace a software, the game would not work, so I did something different in my video instead, but I can't remember exactly what Facepalm, being that the main reason I tell people to go to the video instead of reading the guide, besides the loved audience, of course Smile).

I am more of a reader myself than a tutorial watcher, since it's usually faster and easier to multitask with a PDF than a YouTube video, specially if you have to wait files to be copied etc (I'd rather watch a TV show or something else instead, and probably most people), but I also know some people that will prefer an hour long video than a four page guide Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1

Alright, but the thing with "pirate-friendly" programs is that they will almost always detect these newer cracks. It's about the way these games are coded: they absolutely require Origin/steam to run, and cracks need to emulate the behavior of these game clients. Meaning that if you start the game, you will not only "execute" the game itself, but also the built-in game client emulator. And this behavior is very typical of virusses in general, hence why these cracks are often detected. What's more, game publishers may also pay anti-virus firms for detecting cracks.

About the guide I wrote, I deleted a lot of the old information there (the last update was back in March this year). This time, I added additional information about Windows Defender on Windows 10, new information about firewall exclusions, the quarantines, and that people should try re-applying the crack and/or re-installing the game. Also, the part about moving the install folder elsewhere is new too. 

If you find any mistakes about anything, feel free to message me or point them out, either here or in the Moderators area. Smile  Sure the guide is long and hard to read, and even harder to understand for most people. But then: the era of Sims 3 is de-facto over guys and girls; at least on this forum. Simply "copying and pasting crack files/replacing existing files" is not enough anymore. As I hinted before, most people who came here seeking help in the Sims 3 era already had huge problems with that "must-read guide" of TS3. Dealing with those problems in TS3 was usually a very "mechanical" skill: you just follow the steps from the guide and that was it. In TS4 you need a lot more judgment, and less mechanical skills. A sense of judgment that cannot be learned that easily, and which the average person has huge problems in coming up with. All of that is also the reason why the TeamViewer sessions that may come up in TS4 are a lot harder than for TS3-related issues.

Moreover, the guide was a product from the days, shortly after the Admin put TS4 on the downloads page here (about a year ago ?). Something needed to be done quickly, but still as thoroughly as possible. And that was when the guide was written, in hindsight, more haphazard maybe, but OK. Very Happy

I myself couldn't care less (in theory at least): I always managed to get my TS4 working with no problems whatsoever. This guide is basically for the interested team member (past, present, or even future ones), or even for some of the regular users that may come here. I am by no means a "computer science expert/IT specialist/cyber security technician" or whatever you call these people nowadays. But the basics work for me, pretty well. You don't need to have any advanced knowledge on tech stuff to get a cracked TS4 working. 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum