Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Sim Architect on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

I send my sim to work, then he comes back hungry, annoyed etc. I take care of the needs and it's time to bed. Sometimes I can't even do the "homework" (those tasks to get faster promotion), and the sim wakes up miserable again!

I found out some dumb tasks like drinking juice or having a quick meal can take longer than an hour, that's crazy!

Going out is annoying as well, my sim orders drinks and waits for hours. Then, the drink is given to someone else, and not to all members of the group (when buying drinks for the group when you go out with your club or a friend).

Is it just me or The Sims 4 just s*cks?

I will release my game plays, but I am not sure I will keep playing Sad


_________________
Kind regards,

The Sim Architect

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Sims_410
www.thesimarchitect.com
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW Forum Entertainer
Video creator & streamer
G4TW Forum Entertainer Video creator & streamer

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines

Male

Posts : 2015
Points : 5022
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 40
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:35 pm

@Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

I send my sim to work, then he comes back hungry, annoyed etc. I take care of the needs and it's time to bed. Sometimes I can't even do the "homework" (those tasks to get faster promotion), and the sim wakes up miserable again!

I found out some dumb tasks like drinking juice or having a quick meal can take longer than an hour, that's crazy!

Going out is annoying as well, my sim orders drinks and waits for hours. Then, the drink is given to someone else, and not to all members of the group (when buying drinks for the group when you go out with your club or a friend).

Is it just me or The Sims 4 just s*cks?

I will release my game plays, but I am not sure I will keep playing Sad



It seems that the "big" gaming YouTubers who played the game and recorded a few "Let's plays" also quit after a little while already. I guess because TS4 doesn't appear to be very popular, and also because it's expensive to keep up with DLC (or you just record your videos with the pirated stuff from G4TW/RELOADED and don't mention that the game is pirated What a Face ).

And if the interest is low, you won't get many clicks/likes on those videos. And at some point, it wouldn't be worth one's time anymore.

But that is up to you of course.

As for the in-game time, some of these tasks indeed take ages to complete. Maybe there are mods out there that can help with that ? I don't really know. I once tried MC Command Center that has a function which "slows" down in-game time, and while the in-game time indeed flows more slowly, it completely confuses deadlines and such (e.g. your work shift ends at 8PM, but the in-game time shows it's 12AM or something; the game still believes that despite slowing down time, that the original deadlines apply).

_________________
Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? ZlMMeKp

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions, site navigation, and Forum account issues on G4TW! 

Arrow  NO GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE SUPPORT THOUGH! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Acting Administrator
Inspector General & Forum Gatekeeper
G4TW Acting Administrator Inspector General & Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17292
Points : 23381
Reputation : 2588
Join date : 2012-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Sim Architect on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Carlos wrote:
@Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

I send my sim to work, then he comes back hungry, annoyed etc. I take care of the needs and it's time to bed. Sometimes I can't even do the "homework" (those tasks to get faster promotion), and the sim wakes up miserable again!

I found out some dumb tasks like drinking juice or having a quick meal can take longer than an hour, that's crazy!

Going out is annoying as well, my sim orders drinks and waits for hours. Then, the drink is given to someone else, and not to all members of the group (when buying drinks for the group when you go out with your club or a friend).

Is it just me or The Sims 4 just s*cks?

I will release my game plays, but I am not sure I will keep playing Sad



It seems that the "big" gaming YouTubers who played the game and recorded a few "Let's plays" also quit after a little while already. I guess because TS4 doesn't appear to be very popular, and also because it's expensive to keep up with DLC (or you just record your videos with the pirated stuff from G4TW/RELOADED and don't mention that the game is pirated What a Face ).

And if the interest is low, you won't get many clicks/likes on those videos. And at some point, it wouldn't be worth one's time anymore.

But that is up to you of course.

As for the in-game time, some of these tasks indeed take ages to complete. Maybe there are mods out there that can help with that ? I don't really know. I once tried MC Command Center that has a function which "slows" down in-game time, and while the in-game time indeed flows more slowly, it completely confuses deadlines and such (e.g. your work shift ends at 8PM, but the in-game time shows it's 12AM or something; the game still believes that despite slowing down time, that the original deadlines apply).

Thanks! I wish you were right about the audience, but I am not so sure about it. I feel that Sims 4 gets more people looking for the stuff, but I am worried that I get too bored playing with it, not sure my viewers will have fun watching me complain while I am p*ssed off while playing, because the game doesn't do this or that Sad

That said, I have a feeling I will go back to Sims 3.

Glad to know this timing issue is not related to my computer being slow, but because the game just s*cks...

I will release the episodes I recorded (and, if I feel like, I will record a few more, who knows Haters gonna hate )...

But, I feel that I will go back to Sims 3 and Minecraft Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'll try to play a bit more tonight, maybe tomorrow, with Sims 4, then I will be done with it Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards,

The Sim Architect

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Sims_410
www.thesimarchitect.com
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW Forum Entertainer
Video creator & streamer
G4TW Forum Entertainer Video creator & streamer

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines

Male

Posts : 2015
Points : 5022
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 40
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Anarchy on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:51 pm

@Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I am playing a bit with Sims 4, and I am not having the best experience at all, sorry.

Well, there's a big surprise...

Anarchy
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Need For Speed series

Posts : 243
Points : 1776
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2015-04-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by pixistix on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:18 am

I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.
pixistix
pixistix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Posts : 16
Points : 1509
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2015-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by Sim Architect on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:31 am

@pixistix wrote:I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.
That sounds cool! Thanks for the tip, I will look into it!

Tea 4 Tea 4

_________________
Kind regards,

The Sim Architect

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Sims_410
www.thesimarchitect.com
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW Forum Entertainer
Video creator & streamer
G4TW Forum Entertainer Video creator & streamer

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines

Male

Posts : 2015
Points : 5022
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 40
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile https://thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by pixistix on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:27 am

No problem, hope it helps!
pixistix
pixistix
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Posts : 16
Points : 1509
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2015-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:57 pm

@pixistix wrote:I deal with a lot of the slow action issues by using mods. For instance, I have MadameButterfly's Faster Eating and Drinking, Faster Showers, Power Nap, and Focused Reading mods from Naughty Sims Asylum. It frees up enough time that the sims' lives are a little better than just going to work and fulfilling needs.


Thanks for sharing these tips ! Very Happy  Carlos is tha man

_________________
Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? ZlMMeKp

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions, site navigation, and Forum account issues on G4TW! 

Arrow  NO GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE SUPPORT THOUGH! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Acting Administrator
Inspector General & Forum Gatekeeper
G4TW Acting Administrator Inspector General & Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17292
Points : 23381
Reputation : 2588
Join date : 2012-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by simsyalpacas on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi!
I tried to play the game w/o cheats, and like you said, it's annoying. I use the mods mentioned by pixistix  and some others found on modthesims. There are artificial intelligence and blessed traits, those help with the needs. also testingcheats always on, so you only have to click on the mailbox and fulfil the needs.
simsyalpacas
simsyalpacas
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2, The Sims 4

Female

Posts : 3
Points : 1230
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-01-09
Age : 19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer? Empty Re: Is The Sims 4 Game Play that terrible or is something wrong with my computer?

Post by artillerychelle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:56 pm

As far as the needs are concerned, there is a cheat that can help.  You could hold shift and click on the mailbox, then click Alter Needs, and click both Disable Needs (either Household or World) and the Fill Needs options.  Obviously the one will stop or at least seriously slow down needs decline, and the other will fill their needs, allowing you more time to have your sims do things besides constantlyt trying to fill their needs.

artillerychelle
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 1, 2, 3, 4 & FreePlay

Female

Posts : 19
Points : 1251
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-01-19
Age : 30
Location : New England, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum