Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 23:42

Games4theworld has always been about helping people, but unfortunately we lack the knowledge in one specific area to do this to our full satisfaction.


I am talking about giving Mac-support.


With the exception of Phoebe, one of the Retired Moderators, all of us are on PC, and we cannot give proper support to Mac users.
This is why I have decided to look for a teammember that is going to be recruited specifically for the Mac-support section. Interested? Here's who we're looking for, and what we'll ask of you:



You are:
- a person who is preferably at least 16 years of age;
- owner of a Mac;
- knowledgable about the issues that can occur with, specifically, cracked games/software;
- friendly and patient, even when dealing with troublesome users;
- willing to dedicate some of your time in the long run, we're not looking for short-term "helpers";
- willing to check your subsection for questions at least every other day;
- someone who has a proper understanding of the English language, although you're not required to be a native speaker.



We offer:
- a chance to be a part of an established community;
- a chance to help people fix their problems;
- a chance to enrich your own knowledge;
- new (online) friendships.



As far as I'm concerned, you don't need actual moderating experience. You will have limited moderator rights only, as you're only expected to watch over the Mac-support section. We will guide you through the various functions you will need to use, and the way we prefer to deal with users on the Forum in general.
If you have any questions, feel free to reply here or send me a PM. 
If you are interested in joining the team in this capacity, you can contact us in several ways:




You may leave a reply right here
You may send me a Private Message
You may send a Private Message to our Facebook Page
You may send an email to ladyeldi@hotmail.com


Last edited by ♥✿Ɛɗιη✿♥ on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"



Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Bn60syW to Games4theworld

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] 20181110


 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Posts : 15147
Points : 21632
Join date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 21:15

♥️✿Ɛɗιη✿♥️ wrote:You are:
- a person who is preferably at least 16 years of age;


I just wanted to clarify, that "16 years" is merely a guideline. We will not reject otherwise suitable candidates just because they are not yet 16 years old. Age in itself does not say anything about the suitability of candidates. Besides, we have no real means of checking the actual ages of the people posting on these forums, anyhow. Smile

However, we do have our reasons for preferring people who are a bit older. One reason being that at least in our experience, interests and preoccupations of younger people typically lie elsewhere, and and that they can change very quickly. Schoolwork, boyfriends/girlfriends and other social activities all play an important role.

We acknowledge that large parts of our audience are (high)school and college students, and that their perspectives are just as important as with all other age groups. Ultimately though we also need to take into account the needs of the forum, and the fact that we generally prefer users with a longer-term interest in working on the forum, may run counter to the real-life circumstances of most younger people.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25768
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 22:54

I want to clarify for the job

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Admin on Fri 09 Sep 2016, 23:26

Kshin12 wrote:I want to clarify for the job
Hi Kshin12,

Thank you for your interest!
Can you please tell us a bit more about your Mac experience?

_________________
Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Btn_donate_LG to Games4theworld

 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 18884
Points : 1027560
Join date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 06:11

Im joking I don't follow any of the guidelines plz don't rage this wasn't to be taken seriously this was supposed to be a joke

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by night_lights on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 07:03

I would go for the position, but with everything that is happening in my life at the moment I don't think it'd be wise for me to do so.
Also I agree 100% with what Carlos said. His statement applies to a lot of people I know's life and I think it's important to think about what he states before you apply for the position (yeah I'm talking to you future mac supporter Razz also I salute you future mac supporter Very Happy).
Anyway that's just my two cents bahaha ^-^'
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW Partner / Forum V.I.P.
G4TW Partner / Forum V.I.P.

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Posts : 92
Points : 2072
Join date : 2015-07-06
Age : 18
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 20:11

Hey! I'm newbie right here (registered a couple of days ago) though I've been here for a long time using your cracks mostly for The Sims games. 

That being said, I'm a Mac user. I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2015 and I'm quite experienced with the Mac world since even before getting my MacBook I installed OSX (Hackintosh) on my previous PC and had used it for three years.

Aside from the Mac world I'm a Software Engineering student. I'm also part of the support of Telegram since almost a year ago, so trust me I'm patient with people  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I'd love to help you since I've used this forum much without giving anything in return and I'm think that now it's the right time Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Sep 2016, 23:40

I've used Macs for a number of years and experienced many issues associated with them. I'd be more than honoured if I was given the chance to moderate the Mac section of this forum.

I'm under 16 years, but I have actively used this forum and the download links and would like to be able to contribute back to the community.

Time is something I have a lot of, so dedicating a fair bit to this community is something I'd be more than happy to do.

I hope to hear back from you soon,
Alpha.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 02:46

I am willing to help out with the Mac users here. I am a heavy Mac developer, and I program things on my Mac regularly.

I am a bit under 16 years old, but I should have a good amount of time spare after I have school (and do my homework). I have not been active on this forum after I got The Sims 4 after "trialing" it, but if I was appointed mod, I would be a lot more active here.

I know my way all around Macs, and I'd be happy to help with Mac support.

JackMacWindows

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED] Empty Re: Games4theworld is now recruiting a Mac-Helper! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 14:01

@night_lights wrote:I would go for the position, but with everything that is happening in my life at the moment I don't think it'd be wise for me to do so.
Also I agree 100% with what Carlos said. His statement applies to a lot of people I know's life and I think it's important to think about what he states before you apply for the position (yeah I'm talking to you future mac supporter Razz also I salute you future mac supporter Very Happy).
Anyway that's just my two cents bahaha ^-^'

Cool! Very Happy  And should you be interested in possibly joining the team in the future, you will have the opportunity to do so. There will be more "recruitings" in the future too.


spaceisstrange wrote:Hey! I'm newbie right here (registered a couple of days ago) though I've been here for a long time using your cracks mostly for The Sims games. 

That being said, I'm a Mac user. I have a MacBook Pro 13" mid 2015 and I'm quite experienced with the Mac world since even before getting my MacBook I installed OSX (Hackintosh) on my previous PC and had used it for three years.

Aside from the Mac world I'm a Software Engineering student. I'm also part of the support of Telegram since almost a year ago, so trust me I'm patient with people  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

I'd love to help you since I've used this forum much without giving anything in return and I'm think that now it's the right time Smile

AlphaGamer46 wrote:I've used Macs for a number of years and experienced many issues associated with them. I'd be more than honoured if I was given the chance to moderate the Mac section of this forum.

I'm under 16 years, but I have actively used this forum and the download links and would like to be able to contribute back to the community.

Time is something I have a lot of, so dedicating a fair bit to this community is something I'd be more than happy to do.

I hope to hear back from you soon,
Alpha.

JackMacWindows wrote:I am willing to help out with the Mac users here. I am a heavy Mac developer, and I program things on my Mac regularly.

I am a bit under 16 years old, but I should have a good amount of time spare after I have school (and do my homework). I have not been active on this forum after I got The Sims 4 after "trialing" it, but if I was appointed mod, I would be a lot more active here.

I know my way all around Macs, and I'd be happy to help with Mac support.

JackMacWindows


Hello and welcome to the forum to all of you! Very Happy

Thanks for your interest! I'd suggest you have a first look here in the Mac section:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f32-mac-support

To see what the typical questions there look like. Thereafter, I'd also suggest you try replying to a couple of posts to get a first "feeling", and also for us to gain a first impression of how you handle these things. Also @JackMacWindows, see the sentence in the quote that I highlighted. Becoming a (section) Moderator on here is certainly an honorable thing. However, I just want to throw out that this should not be the main reason for you to do this work. You will want to become Helper on here for idealistic reasons, and not because of some forum title. Of course: a title is still a nice thing, but it really shouldn't be the main motivator for people. I'm sure you are aware of that already, but I still wanted to clarify that. Smile


//EDIT


Update on October 2nd 2016: the recruitment for a Mac-Helper is now officially over. On behalf of the team I would like to thank all users for their interest in joining the team. Smile  We will be holding more recruitments like these, next year. Should you want to join the team from now on, you are invited to contribute to the forum - as a regular user. As for becoming an official team member, you will have the opportunity to file a formal application during the next recruitment.

Thanks again everybody, and have fun!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Security Attaché
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Security Attaché

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Posts : 18955
Points : 25768
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Liechtenstein / Switzerland

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum