Page 1 of 1 • Share
The following is an FAQ about Games4theworld. Click on the questions to fold/unfold the answers!
I. About Games4theworld
- Who we are:
- Games4theworld is today’s safest, most organized game and software torrent uploader on the internet, and the only uploader who offers full support. Games4theworld’s goal is, and has always been ‘helping people’. Our main goal these days is to help people out and provide them with downloads that are easy to install, just like it was back then. That does cost money, buying equipment and maintaining it. But we’re non-profit and we don’t earn anything doing this; it’s just for the fun. We all started as newbies those good old days, and we believe in helping today’s “noobs” with a spirit of kindness.
- The History of Games4theworld:
- Most uploaders never add a clear readme file. After countless of hours of searching, reading comments and just experimenting, you may still have problems getting your downloads to work by yourself. That’s how Games4theworld was born. The reason we do this is because we often got frustrated when we couldn’t get a download to work.
We started learning from each other, and we decided to help other people with their download issues as well. That’s how Games4theworld kind of started. We made the torrents as noob-friendly as possible. If people still had problems with their downloads, they could contact Games4theworld through e-mail, and we would help them out. In the beginning we were not familiar with most of the problems, but as more problems are reported and more fixes are found, we started to get “the feeling”. At some point Games4theworld started all over, due to accounts on torrent websites being removed for unkown reasons. Even our original account on The PirateBay was removed without a reason. This is where Games4theworld you know today started; this time even bigger than the first time. All torrents were repacked with new, better Installation Guides, and some other changes. A new team was formed: Games4theworld was back on track again.
And look at us now; we’re probably the best organized team of uploaders. Also, Games4theworld is the only team on the web that actually gives free support for all of their downloads and everything else we can help you with. We just can’t help we want to help.
- I have seen G4TW-related news/information on [insert unrelated platform name here]:
- Note that you should only follow the official Games4theworld Forum and those external social-media sites mentioned at the end of this FAQ ("Contact Form"). We are not affiliated with any other Forums, websites, blogs, subreddits, Discord-servers, repackers, scene-groups, tumblrs/simblrs, YouTube-channels, etc. Therefore we cannot verify statements about Games4theworld posted on random unrelated sites.
We are not saying that anything posted on unrelated sites is automatically wrong or untrustworthy. What we do want to emphasize though is, that - just like with internet downloads in general - you should exercise caution when gathering news and other information.
- How can I support you guys:
- Feel free to stick around the Forum, contribute to discussions and recommend us to family/friends. If possible and risk-free for you, you could also help us seed our torrent-releases. Since we are using various forms of adverts these days to help us finance the Minecraft-server and other hosting services, you could also temporarily turn off your browser adblockers, and if you like even click on these download links and...endure the ads.
In case you have any more ideas beyond these things, feel free to message a Forum Administrator personally.
- I'm gonna tell all my friends & relatives, and post all over the internet about you awesome guys/girls:
- While we are glad to hear that you like our work, we do ask our followers to restrict themselves to private conversation if they do want to recommend us to other people. The reason is, that nobody of the G4TW team is running around posting on unrelated sites about G4TW, either.
A lot of other Forums/websites/blogs/subreddits/Discord-channels and whatnot tend to disapprove such kind of messages. As for G4TW, if someone posted here "[insert name of other scene-group/repacker] is so totally awesome, a lot better than G4TW!!!", the message would likely be removed at the very least; or even result in a ban of the user advertising that third party. We therefore ask all our followers, again, to exercise restraint when 'recommending' us on unrelated platforms.
In the event someone would really come to us and complain about alleged "fans of G4TW spamming their platforms" or something similar, we would just point to that disclaimer here and reply that we do not "control" our followers, and do not encourage them to openly advertise G4TW on external platforms.
- Can I join the team of Games4theworld:
- We very rarely appoint new Helpers/Moderators to the Games4theworld team, nowadays. If appointments do occur, they are done on an invitation-only basis: we approach active community members, and ask them if they want to join us. If you want to go down this path as well, then stick around, be helpful, friendly, do not ask for any status (!), and you may get your chance one day.
- Can I donate to Games4theworld:
Doing online surveys:
In the future we may add some cryptocurrency-wallets too. Please note: donations are 100% voluntary, and donating to us - on its own - does NOT come with any special privileges, compared to people who do not donate.
- When I try accessing a download-link on the Forum, I get re-directed to a 'Linkvertise'-page and/or my security software blocks your download links, what's going on:
- For most of the links, we have deliberately added this form of advertising to help us cover part of the cost associated with maintaining the Forum and other websites related to Games4theworld. Please temporarily disable your browser adblockers and/or configure exclusions in your anti-virus software, in order to bypass the 'Linkvertise' and access the download links. For a more detailed explanation on the issue of advertising please refer to the official Forum Editorial here.
We are aware that this is a highly unpopular feature, but bear in mind that our type of activities are within in a (legal) grey area. Finding permanent and reliable sources of advertising revenue that are (also) "100% family-friendly", is not easily doable in reality. Ultimately it is within your prerogative to disapprove of this policy, just as it is within your prerogative to simply move on and grab your Downloads - and Support - from other sources than Games4theworld.
Running a platform like G4TW also costs money, and the revenue from these ads covers part of the costs (the rest is paid out of the pockets of G4TW team members). Therefore a "friendly" reminder is in place: we do not condone messages or "guides" on explaining how to bypass these adverts; if these messages are posted on our Forums or other platforms under our control, they will be subject to moderation.
- How much money do you guys make from these ads; I'm asking because ... [insert whatever reason here]:
- Don't hold your breath, because that information is classified. Posting about it in public is just bound to attract unwanted attention, regardless of "how much we make". There is one person who knows about it, and that is Head Admin ~Ann~. I don't think it would be wise if anybody else knew more details, and yes, that includes me as well.
II. General questions about the downloads
- Where can I find Games4theworld Downloads:
- You can find them in the topic below:
This message is stickied under the section "Latest Games4theworld News".
- Do you guys provide Support on game/software releases from other sources than G4TW:
- Our activities are mostly focused on our own repacks, yes. But if you need help with a download that you got from another source, feel free to open a topic, and we will try our best to help you as well!
- I am new to all of this, how can I download this stuff:
- We have prepared a guide (in .pdf file format) to read, available under this link here. It contains all information you need to know to get started in the world of torrenting.
- What about the "games4theworld.org" website:
- This is, or used to be, the old Admin's website, who has left the Forum long ago for unknown reasons. The page still seems "up"; but the content no longer appears to be updated. Note that the current G4TW team does not have any access codes for that website or its domain, and the former communication channels with the old Admin seem to have been abandoned too. Therefore we cannot update the page ourselves.
- Do you also have video guides about installing stuff:
- We may or may not add a couple of video installation-walkthroughs to our new Games4theworldClub YouTube channel, in the future. Our own experiences in that regard are not particularly positive, however: most video installation-walkthroughs on our old YouTube channel were eventually taken down, even though they did not contain any references to, or violations of copyright-protected material; these video guides could have been applied to legally-purchased The Sims 3 games as well.
Due to the nature of our work it is just the way the cookie crumbles in the end, and we will have to arrange ourselves accordingly. What we could do instead, is to provide the video files of guides on platforms like MEGA or MediaFire, which you then can download and watch 'offline'. This is far less elegant than watching it on YouTube, but a much more pragmatic solution.
- Why don't you offer direct downloads for games and software:
- We specialize in torrents traditionally simply because they cannot get taken down, and are more reliable than direct downloads.
Also, if we posted direct download links in public, people who are "not fond" of our activities and/or so-called "copyright-report-bots" would just keep reporting the links and the filehosters would them down. We do have direct download links for smaller items like patches, fixes or crack files.
- Do you also do Mac OS-games and software:
- Unfortunately we specialize in Windows (PC) releases only, for the time being at least. Please take note of this message here for more details.
- When will new G4TW games and software come out:
- We generally do not give specifics of G4TW releases in advance, including ETA's or other technical details. One obvious reason is we tend to not create the actual items ourselves (and instead rely on 'scene-groups'). Another lesser obvious reason is that specific ETA's for example would theoretically give anti-piracy organizations a possibility to thwart or otherwise disrupt our operations. A scenario that seems unlikely of course, but we have to be prepared for that possibility too. But no worries: any new releases will always come as a surprise!
On a related note, keep in mind too that nowadays we do not accept requests for new game releases anymore. Check the official list of downloads (semi-)regularly, to see if there is any new stuff.
- There are no seeders for some torrents:
- I caught myself a virus when downloading stuff from here:
- No, you didn't.
If you downloaded an official G4TW-item from either the download site or from the old Games4theworld website, we can assure you that all items have been tested prior to release, and we can confirm they are safe to use. It is common that anti-virus software interferes with cracked games and software. See this article here for an explanation: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/false-positive
- I got a warning letter/e-mail from my Internet Service Provider because of 'copyright violation':
- We are very sorry to hear that; it is unfortunately a widespread practice that in countries such as the US, Canada, the UK, Germany or France...Internet Service Providers are closely monitoring certain types of internet traffic, and co-operating with copyright holders. In most cases, these warning messages seem to be automated, and actual legal consequences tend to be rare; are authorities going to punish every kid or adult torrenting something?! However, it is possible - and has happened - that your internet subscription may be cancelled by the ISP, if you torrent frequently and get warned too often. At this point, we can only emphasize that problems along these lines are out of our hand, and it will be your responsibility in the first place to make certain arrangements. However, we can give you some general guidelines:
Is it possible for you to switch your Internet Service Provider? Are there even Internet Service providers in your area/country that are more tolerant towards torrenting?
Do you torrent frequently, or only sometimes? If you don't use torrents very often, you could ask a family member or friend to help you out on a few games here and there - provided that they agree of course, and if it is safe for them to do so.
Many people use so-called VPNs for torrenting purposes. These are services (which cost money), that have the capability to mask your internet traffic in such a way as to make it either very difficult, or even impossible for your ISP to 'identify' your torrenting activities. Remember that in order to be compatible with torrenting purposes, you will need to go for paid VPN subscriptions, as free VPNs tend to be only suitable for browsing the web. Good VPN providers with torrenting-compatibility are for example ProtonVPN, NordVPN, VPN.ac, or Windscribe. Check out the discussion-topic here to learn more.
In the context of The Sims 4, look at the individual announcements (in the "News"-section) for each G4TW The Sims 4-repack to find direct download options, which should be safer to use than torrents. Alternatively, look for anadius's alternative installers.
In general, we don't recommend that you simply 'ignore' these warning letters by your ISP, unless you have made sure through your own research that there won't be any negative consequences for you in doing so. And even if there are no other serious legal consequences for you, it is still possible that your internet service will be cancelled by the ISP. For further information and if possible for you, try and seek the advice of a professional legal counsel (lawyer) on this matter, who is familiar with the legal situation on torrenting & copyright law, in your local community or country.
- Can you recommend VPN services which support torrenting:
- We recommend paid subscriptions for ProtonVPN, NordVPN, VPN.ac or Windscribe. Note that these are only suggestions from our part though. As long as the basics of a good VPN provider are present (killswitch, DNS leak protection, no logs policy, privacy-friendly jurisdiction of the company's headquarters/servers), you should be fine with any VPN service. Make sure to do your research and decision about which service you choose - and spend money on - carefully.
For a more in-depth discussion, please see the topic here:
- What about free VPN services:
- We are aware that for many (or even most) of you, money is tight. But still: forget it.
We advise to be very careful with using free VPNs for torrenting. Most of the time though, you simply won't be able to connect to other peers. Also, do not expect much in terms of privacy with free VPNs, as their servers are usually lacking in modern safety standards. For example, they may "leak" your original IP-address, which totally defeats the point of using a VPN. Also, free VPNs tend to finance themselves by selling personal data. Remember the saying? "If you do not pay for a product, then YOU are the product".
Really good VPN servers that are "hardened" with a strong encryption, no-logs-technique, P2P-capabilities, DNS leak protection, killswitch, split tunnelling, VPN cascades (routing your traffic through multiple countries) and more features, ... cost a lot of money to operate. VPN providers are fully aware of the fact that internet surveillance is becoming more and more of a trend, even in so-called "Western Liberal DemocraciesTM". Therefore, they want to capitalize on these trends by offering certain features such as torrenting capabilities, only on paid plans.
One exception is the already-mentioned Windscribe. Their free plan offers the same speed/encryption/safety-standards as in paid plans. The downside is, that you are limited to only 10GB of data per month. Apparently if you tweet about the company, the data can be increased to 15GB. That could be somewhat suitable for torrenting just those Sims (4) repacks. It's tight, but still a theoretical option if you cannot spend money on a paid plan. Better than nothing.
The 10GB of data refill automatically on the subsequent month. And before you ask: no, unused data from the previous month does not "carry over" to the subsequent month.
- Where do you get these downloads from/do you crack items yourselves:
- For the most part, Games4theworld is a repacker-group. We repack stuff that other "scene groups" have made, and provide Support on the Forums for these downloads. Some items which do not need a No-CD fix to run were provided by community members, some of whom are still active on the Forums. Other items - most notably the No-CD files for our The Sims 3 releases - were actually created by former staff members of Games4theworld.
- I have a DRM-free/cracked version of [insert program name here], can I send you the files:
- Feel free to get in touch with a G4TW Moderator or Administrator, preferably through e-mail (look on their profiles for the green e-mail button). Note that we decide to release new torrents only at our own discretion.
III. Registration, Login and Account issues
- Do I have to create an account on the Forums, even if I just want to download something:
- No! On the Games4theworld Forums we do not 'require' any registration at all. ALL download links, discussion/general support-boards, the search functions and tutorials are accessible for you as a guest user, without the need for any registration. This has always been the tradition on G4TW, and we are not intending to do away with it.
The only instance where registration is needed is if you want to actually post something on the Forum, either when you need Support or if you just want to hang out and chat.
Many other Forums (with the aim of attracting/retaining more Forum posters?) are putting up registration-walls, before one has the ability to access any downloads or other things. Not so on G4TW. We are of the opinion that if someone genuinely wants to stick around they will do so anyway, and without us forcing them to create an account prior to downloading something.
- Basic Tips for Registering and Privacy:
Due to the nature of the Forum and our work, we strongly recommend you do NOT choose a username during registration that you (may) have already used on another forum/website/blog/subreddit/Discord-server/etc.
Do NOT put your e-mail address as your username, or use some other obscene word as your username. We will just edit the accounts and if no response is given by the user within a week (suggesting a new username), we will just delete the registration.
Note that any and all information that can lead to directly identifying a person in the real world will be censored by Moderators and Administrators, if they are posted directly in Forum messages, usernames, topic titles, profile fields, signatures, avatars and any other pictures. As for the built-in private messaging system, if necessary the Forum Administrators have the ability to investigate the contents of these messages as well, for example, if we get reports for alleged abuses. However, if you still wish to share contact information with other users by means of Forum private messages it is ultimately your choice, but please understand that you do so at your own risk. Personal information can include - but is not limited to - telephone numbers, addresses, social media accounts, etc. In general, we ask you to use common sense when sharing personal information with other users on here. As for the Games4theworld-staff, we will NEVER ask you for any kind of personal information, but other regular users may do so, for various reasons. If you take notice of things like that, please immediately alert a Forum Administrator about it.
In your profile options, you will have the option to manually add social media account addresses. If you do so, buttons will show up under your profile, and if users click on these buttons it will lead them to the account that you yourself have linked. At this point, you may see this as a contradiction to what has been stated in the previous paragraph. The difference though is, if you post links in Forum messages they will be visible to everyone, including unregistered guests and bots browsing the Forum. If you intend to add these social media-buttons under your own profile, you will have to do so deliberately, and they will only be visible to other registered Forum users. By "deliberately adding" this type of contact information, we assume you are aware of the potential risks involved in it, therefore we allow this type of contact information being posted/linked.
Even though it seems to be highly popular, especially with female users: we do not recommend that you put a personal picture of yourself, on your G4TW Forum profile/avatar.
- Why do I have to fill in the field "favorite games" when I register an account here:
- The original intent of this measure was to reduce the chance of spambots registering on here. In practice it does help reduce spambots, but not 100%.
- I just registered an account, but I cannot log in:
- After you register on the Forum, you will receive an e-mail to the address that you provided during registration. This e-mail will include a link in it; click on the link in order to activate your Forum account. Please activate your account within a month of receiving the e-mail, otherwise we will delete the registration to free up potential username slots; in which case you are welcome to try again. In the (very unlikely, but still possible) event that your original username is not available anymore, because your registration got deleted after the 1-month-activation-deadline, then just use a variation of your original username.
When you're on the login-page, please make sure to type the correct username and password, pay attention in particular whether you might have put an empty space at the beginning of your username/pass.
- I registered an account (in the past), but it says that my login credentials don't exist:
- Sometimes we get user registrations where users put e-mail addresses or other obscene/offensive words in their account names. Note that first of all, the Forum Rules also apply to things like usernames, avatars, profile information, profile signatures, etc. And not just to public messages posted on the Forums.
We reserve the right, to immediately delete or ban accounts that contain "higher-tier" offensive usernames.
In certain cases we may allow the user a second chance by just renaming the account name, and offering some alternative. But if not, you are welcome to try registering again, with a neutral username.
- Why do I need to provide both my username and e-mail address when I want to reset the password on the Forum's login-page:
- It's because the current Forum software simply does not allow for any other ("easier"?) mode of resetting accounts.
- How do I change my Forum username:
- The Forum Administrators have disabled the ability for individual users to change their usernames, in order to preserve consistency between Forum discussions and their associated participants. You have the option to contact a Forum Administrator and request an individual exception, and thereby a username change. Keep in mind that you need to give a very good reason when doing so. Simply stating that e.g. you do not like your old name anymore is not sufficient. You should be aware though that because the administrative effort behind this can be significant (we get this type of request very frequently), we ultimately do not change usernames easily.
Tips: be friendly, honest and forthcoming about your reasoning as to why exactly we should change your username. Finally, even if we do decide to change your username, we only grant such an exception once for every individual user.
- How do I change my profile settings/preferences:
- When I want to change my account's e-mail, I am prompted to "fill in all required fields":
- As an anti-spam measure, we have changed the settings such that new users have to fill in the fields "Operating system" and "Favorite games" when they register. Existing users who registered prior to this change can still log in and post, however, if they wanted to change anything about their profiles, they need to fill in those fields as well.
- How do I prevent my username from appearing in the "registered users online" listings:
- Click in the top right of the Forum where it says "Welcome (your username)". Then under Edit profile -> Preferences -> Hide my online status -> Yes. If you save the changes to your profile, you will be counted as a so-called hidden user, and your username will not appear at the bottom of the Forum index under Who is online/registered users anymore.
Keep in mind though, that users who are on your friend list as well as the Forum Administrators (users with a red or dark green username color) will still be able to see you. Your username at the bottom of the Forum index will then appear in italics, for those able to see you.
- I want to upload an avatar but I get an error message saying the file is too large or corrupted:
- The current avatar settings are such that the maximum image size of avatars is 240 x 240 pixels. The actual filesize must not exceed 64kb, which may be problematic especially if you are using a .png file. The filesize limit though can be bypassed if you go under your avatar control panel and choose the option "Link to an off-site avatar". Thereby you can use images hosted on external platforms like imgur, and those can be bigger than 64kb. However, even so, the image size still must not exceed 240 x 240 px.
IV. Posting issues & Private messaging
- How do I open topics on the Forum:
- How many topics can or should I open:
- It will depend on the range of problems you have. In general, all questions about one (1) particular piece of software or hardware should be posted in just one (1) topic. For example, if you have issues about The Sims 3, all your concerns should go into just one topic. If 'parallel' to this you have an issue about, let's say, The Sims 1, you should open a new topic in the appropriate section for The Sims 1. Getting back to The Sims 3, as soon as your original problem has been solved, the topic will be closed for the time being. If you later on have any follow-up issues about The Sims 3, you can either request an unlock of your earlier topic (send a Moderator a private message to do so), or - what is done most commonly - simply open a new topic, about your new The Sims 3 issues.
- I don't understand the thing about 'outside links', why is Games4theworld so strict about this:
- Linking is a very crucial part of our work, and in our experience most users have only good intentions. We link to guides on the Forum, other Forum posts, items hosted on external filesharing services, magnet links, and in some cases even torrents from other websites. However, this is only done by Staff members, and for a reason. All Staff members have been carefully 'vetted' prior to being selected into the team and have proven themselves trustworthy.
In general, we only allow links to torrents and other items from Staff members because we have no way of checking the quality of every single individual link that regular Forum users may post. Given the amount of messages on our Forum and related platforms that we receive on a daily basis it would be impossible to check links consistently if posted from non-Staff users. We thereby presume all external torrent/other item-links posted by regular users, to be disallowed.
You must contact a Forum Administrator and ask for permission to post these links on the Forum. In some of the Forum sections that are about individually-made game items, such as is the case with our TS4 Gallery and TS3 Exchange, the procedures are a little bit more lax, but we would still like to ask users to give a brief heads-up to the Forum Administrators, before contributing to these Forum sections.
Of course: individual users may not always have malicious intentions. Still, we cannot verify the quality of all individual links posted here. Compare this for example with general policy of the platform "Reddit", to disallow any comments dealing with medical advice. Sure: sometimes the advice may be good, but there is no feasible way of checking that on a 'global basis'. And even if it was possible to check individual items, what would be the benefit? A handful quality comments more? Fewer "offended users who only had good intentions"? As you can tell, we need to look here at the bigger picture - and yes, at the cost of indeed hurting the feelings of certain individuals.
All in all, it boils down to communication and trust between the individual user and the Forum Administrators. Ask kindly for permission and be honest about your intention(s) as to why exactly you would want to post links consistently. The Administrators of Games4theworld reserve the right to ban users if such links are posted contrary to the Forum rules, especially if the violations happen repeatedly.
- So...if I simply just mention the name of an external site without directly posting URLs, then I assume it does not count as posting illegal links:
- No, not necessarily (but nice try, though).
While you have managed to evade the "no outside links-rule" (Forum Rule #7), that does not mean you are good to go. If you persistently "simply just mention" an external platform, it can be interpreted as an attempt to re-direct traffic away from our Forum, therefore constituting a breach of Forum Rule #9: illegal advertising on G4TW.
- I cannot 'find' my (earlier) posts or topics anymore:
- The most common reason for that is because your topic/post was moved to a different Forum section by a Moderator. You can click on "Welcome (your username)" in the top right of the Forum, next to where it says "Notifications". Then click on either My posts or My topics. In certain cases though, you may have posted a message in a place where you weren't supposed to. This will be the case, if you posted a question under one of the "Fixes"-sections, as questions are not allowed there (every topic posted in a Fixes-section has a bold red warning notice at the end of the opening post, to signify that questions are not allowed). In these cases, and similar ones, the Moderators reserve the right to delete misplaced posts. Should you feel unsure about why your post was deleted, you may ask a Moderator about it in private. Please keep in mind though that we may only explain the reasoning as to why we delete messages once to every individual user. In the event of further mis-postings, we will not repeat our explanations anymore.
- How can I edit or delete posts:
- In general, as a regular user you cannot edit or delete your own messages after submissions, unless in certain Forum sections in which people may need to work on guides/articles/tutorials continuously. Please refer to the descriptions under the subforums, for a listing of "tutorials sections".
One reason for this measure is to keep all discussions coherent and logical: imagine an on-going discussion about something, and then a user decides to delete all of their posts in that discussion: it would very likely impede the coherence and flow of discussion if a new reader reads up on the thread.
- I wrote a message, but I want to add something to it afterwards:
- Please post a follow-up reply (use the button "quote" or "post a new reply").
- How can I submit a guide or tutorial:
- Please post your topic in "Writer's Corner" FIRST. There you can continuously edit your topic, even after its submission to the Forum. When you are done, your written guide will be evaluated by the team and in most cases, your guide will then be added to the appropriate tutorials section. If you need further help please message an Administrator or Moderator; they will gladly help you.
- How do I upload screenshots/pictures in my Forum posts:
- You can upload/host images on the Forum as well. When you write a post, click on the button enclosed in red.
Now you can either drag & drop image files into the top field or click the button "+Select files" in order to browse your computer and add image files that way. Once you selected a number of items to upload, they will show up in that same window below.
Use the scrollbar on the right, or your mouse-wheel to scroll up/down the window, in particular if you selected multiple images. Click on the button marked in the screenshot below to upload an individual picture. Or, if you selected multiple image files, click on the button "send all".
Once you uploaded your picture(s) you can use the button "insert all", to include them in your Forum post!
Now, if you want to insert image URLs from another source, click on the button enclosed in green here:
Another small window will pop up and you can paste the URL in the field. After which the image will show up in your Forum message, if done correctly.
- I want to quote multiple messages from other users, how can I do that without copying/pasting:
- If you just click on the button "Quote" on another user's message, your post will only contain one quote.
If you want to quote multiple messages, you have to click on the "Multi-quote" button next to each message you want to quote.
Once you "marked" several messages for quote, scroll down toward the bottom of the thread and click on "Post a new reply".
- How do I contact another Forum user privately:
- While you are logged in with your account, click on any user's name on the Forum. Under the 'Contact'-tab you can then find any available contact buttons.
- I cannot send private messages:
- As an anti-spam measure, new users must make at least 2 posts on the Forum in order to be able to send private messages. If you haven't made 2 Forum posts and you still wish to send a message to a Moderator, for example if you want to report abusive messages or if you want to ask for advice about external links/downloads, go to the Moderator's Forum profile and then under the "Contact"-tab. See if there is a green e-mail button. If there is, you can click on that button and write an e-mail message. The Moderators may or may not get back to you (for e.g. requesting additional information), depending on the situation.
Beyond that, it is possible that your individual ability to send private messages has been disabled by the Forum Administrators. If that is the case, you still have the option to contest this moderating action (see above under section III. , "How can I contest an account-ban or other moderating actions")
- How do I notice when other users have sent me private messages:
- When you log into the Forum after the private message was sent to you, or if you refresh the Forum page (with the F5-key) when you are already logged in while receiving messages, you will see a button at the top lit up in green color. The button will say "New Message(s)". Click on it, and then look under the tab named "inbox". Alternatively, click in the top right on "Welcome (your username)", and then under "My private messages".
- I keep receiving unwanted private messages or e-mails:
- Please alert a Forum Administrator about these things. In case of private messages, Administrators can prevent individual users from sending them. In addition, you can add users to your "foe's list", after which you won't get any further private messages from that user. In order to do so, go to "Welcome (your username)" located in the top right of the Forum, -> Edit Profile -> Friends and foes -> Foe list -> Add a foe. Keep in mind that you cannot add Moderators and Administrators to your foe's list, though.
When contacting a Forum Administrator about unwanted private messages, please try including a screenshot of the message, so that not only the content is visible, but also the user who sent the message.
Should users click on the green e-mail button on your profile, and send you unwanted messages that way, do NOT reply to these messages! As long as you do not reply, the person sending the message will not be able to see your actual e-mail address (and therefore they can "only" message you through this e-mail contact form). If you contact a Forum Administrator about it, try including a screenshot of not only the message, but also the "header": the top part of an e-mail that shows who sent a message, and when it was sent.
V. Miscellaneous / Other issues
- I cannot access the Forum:
- Sometimes there are scheduled maintenances, which are usually indicated as such when you try accessing the Forums; in these cases the downtimes tend to be rather short. It is also possible that your Internet Service Provider has blocked your access to this Forum. You could try bypassing this through using a proxy or VPN. One example of a free web proxy is "hidemyass".
On this Forum we do not have any control over downtimes, so you will need to ride it out. Keep in mind that for the most part we will ignore questions like that if they are posted on the Forums, since we do not see much point in getting back to every individual (and impatient?) user.
- What happened to Admin:
- If you are referring to the old main Administrator of G4TW, he has decided to leave the Forum, for unknown reasons. Should you decide to ask on the public Forums about this issue - either out of natural curiosity or out of a belief that what I'm saying is untrue - you may be met with strange (virtual) glances, and not necessarily serious replies. Everything you need to know, has just been said here.
- Why can't I just message a Staff member for game support:
- The main reason is, because it would make the Forum redundant. We have the Forum - divided into various subsections - for all support about games, software and hardware. The advantage of having the discussions in public is that more users will be able to see the questions you posted, and therefore you could get a quicker reply.
In other words, why are you even registering an account on the Forums, if you don't intend to post there in the end? All tutorials, general support threads, download links and the contact form of the Administrators, are accessible for you without having to make an account on the Forums. A feature, which - as a sidenote - is rather unusual on many other Forums.
- Can we get a new Forum color theme? This dark color is uncomfortable for my eyes:
- We are very sorry to hear that. Please keep in mind though that the team of Games4theworld has become very attached to the dark theme, and we have been using it for many years now. Also, we have invested a lot of work in various CSS & HTML customizations; if we chose a new theme we would have to start over with these little things as well. However, there is a way to use the mobile version of this Forum on (PC) desktops as well, and that version uses a light theme. See this post here for the details.
- I am confused, because there are too many individual tutorials on here. Can't we get "all-in-one" tutorials:
- We are sorry to hear that, but for the time being please accept the default "situation" (separate tutorial submissions centering around specific topics) on here. In the long run, we will attempt to post FAQs with condensed information about all fixes/tips around a certain type of game, but in the meantime please try paying attention to the topic titles of these threads, as they give you a good indication already of what a tutorial is about.
- Can I get your personal phone number/Facebook/Twitter/Discord/e-mail address because I want to get in touch with you:
- Please note that we do not give out any personal information whatsoever about our Staff members. All Support on Games4theworld is done through the Forum and any other associated platforms. We appreciate your interest and kindness, but due to the nature of our Forum and work it would very likely lead to problems down the road if we started "self-marketing" our real-life personas, in the context of Games4theworld.
- Why can't I log in with my Facebook account:
- Some forums and websites indeed offer such a possibility to log in by means of a Facebook username & password without having to make a regular account. This is done partly for reasons of convenience: after all, in today's times with the dazzling number of online services and platforms, it may be difficult for the average person to keep track of too many individual login credentials. For the time being however and due to the nature of our Forum and work, we have decided not to activate this option on our Forum, in order to help protect the privacy of our users.
- Can we get some form of voice-chat/Vo-IP on Games4theworld:
- Probably not. Due to the nature of Games4theworld, it would not be wise either if we gave away our voices to strangers.
- I am upset about what someone else said and/or clicked on a link of a user which gave me computer problems:
- We are sorry to hear that. For starters, please note that the Games4theworld team always tries to provide a comfortable and safe space, for as many people as possible. As with other websites though that are accessible to the general public, frictions are unavoidable.
You should know that the Games4theworld team will moderate according to the Forum rules and interpret/apply those at their own discretion. At this point there is not much else to say for us, other than emphasizing that you (and only you) have the choice of whether or not you trust our judgment in applying the rules in a fair manner.
We would also like to emphasize that statements or links posted by regular Forum users (non-G4TW Staff) do not necessarily reflect the views of us, or carry our approval. Please be careful with any external links that regular users may post and use your best judgment. See also this Editorial here for more information. In case of doubt, you are also welcome to get in touch with the Administrators, using the contact form (section VI. of this FAQ).
- What about TeamViewer support:
- The Games4theworld team members used to give a lot of Support through "TeamViewer" in the past. However, please keep in mind that TeamViewer sessions have a tendency to be very time- and work-consuming. We therefore ask you to bear with us, and please accept that we generally only give TeamViewer Support at our own discretion and availability. For general information about using TeamViewer, please refer to the notice here.
- Are you not afraid of 'getting caught' because of [insert whatever-G4TW-related activity here]:
- What you are doing is illegal:
- Well, I guess I will report you to the authorities and then sue you all to hell:
- Back in the old days under Admin, everything was better:
- If G4TW does not abandon the policy of using ads on download links, it will negatively affect your reputation:
- OK, I will just get my downloads from elsewhere then:
- I received a warning letter from my ISP threatening to shut down my internet because I torrented something from G4TW. I'm positive this site is in fact a storefront for the NSA/CIA/MI5/MI6/FSB/GRU/Mossad/Shin Bet/BND/DGSE/DGSI/(or insert any other intel agency here). Who else could possibly see what I am torrenting???:
VI. Contact Information / Guidelines
- First off:
Note that the e-mail contact forms at the end of this section are generally "no-reply" addresses! You will not receive a reply unless we need more information from you, or we genuinely want to give you feedback or get back in touch with you.
Unless otherwise stated on the public Forums (such as is the case with TS4 Gallery-creator suggestions), we will ignore all game/software/hardware Support requests; they generally belong on the Forum. So again: do not use the e-mail contact form to ask for game support; ALL game support belongs on the Forum only.
Regardless of whether you communicate with users on the public Forum, or whether you use private channels such as this e-mail contact form, we expect at all times a friendly and civil conversational tone from you (see Forum Rule #3). Sounds logical, you might think? In our experience, and unfortunately, we feel that we have to put that disclaimer up here.
- If you want to report rule-breaking Forum messages:
Send us a brief e-mail about it, preferably with the Forum link, or at the very least a screenshot of the message that you believe is disallowed as per the Forum Rules. Note that "backseat moderation" (admonishing or warning users as if you were a Moderator) and the reporting of harmless messages are frowned upon by the administration team, and will be dealt with accordingly. Instead, please use the contact form down below, and only for issues that actually violate Forum Rules, to the best of your judgment. We do not expect you to be familiar with all the nuances of G4TW policy, but at least try and make an effort. If you report a message that is not even remotely covered by the Forum Rules, then we have to assume that you are doing so out of spite, with possible further consequences.
We used to have a "report this message"-button on the Forum, but due to the fact that it was abused very often, we have disabled it.
Also keep in mind that we may choose to not reply to these types of e-mails if we receive them. Instead we'll check out the reported post(s) straight away, and take it from there.
- If you forgot the password of your Forum account:
Use the contact form in case you can't log in to your account, and do not create a new account please. Please provide us with the e-mail address that you used when creating your lost account and be specific. Otherwise we cannot restore your account, nor will we "backtrack" each individual user asking for more information. If a request for account restoration is submitted, and it does not contain all (correct) pieces of information we need, we will ignore your request. Make sure to add all the necessary information on your own. If you forget to add something in your first e-mail, then feel free to send a second e-mail.
- If you forgot the username of your Forum account:
As in the last paragraph. Please provide us with the e-mail address that you used in creating the account, otherwise there is no (feasible) way for us to verify your account ownership, and therefore no possibility for us to grant you access to that account.
- If you want to report a particular advertisement:
Please include the following information in your message if possible:
- a screenshot of the advert that you want to report
- the URL; right-click on the ad and choose "copy link address"
- the (approximate!) date and time on which you have seen the ad
- Optional, but very strongly recommended, the country that you live in/trying to access the download links from. We have found over time that there can be drastic differences in terms of what types of ads are displayed depending on the user's country of origin. We could then try and "emulate" the complaint by using VPN servers from the user's country of origin, or similar means, and hopefully gather more insights.
While further steps will be taken only at our own discretion, we still generally strive towards a family-friendly interface and user experience on G4TW. That being said, and given the 'nature' of our work, our choices for advertising services will be somewhat limited, compared to platforms such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Quora, or whatever. If an 'inappropriate' ad slips by, please help us actually identifying the issue (see the above bullet points). You're not helping us and your fellow G4TW users/followers, by simply posting angry messages or e-mails that contain no meaningful information. Don't just assume that if an inappropriate ad does slip by, that we necessarily approve of it. Help us by identifying the issue and letting us know about it.
If you post comments claiming that the ads used here contain family-unfriendly content, without making any effort whatsoever to provide evidence to back up these claims, it will be interpreted as hostile acts, and dealt with accordingly.
- If you want to have your Forum account deleted/Forum messages edited or deleted:
We generally don't delete user accounts 'on request'. But you can do so on your own with the help of the Forum's own tools. Log into your Forum account, and click in the top left where it says "Welcome [your username]", then "Edit Profile", and finally go under the tab "Information". You will see the option when scrolling down a bit (click the picture to view the full size).
Tick the box where it says "click here to delete your account". Then click on the button "Save" at the bottom of the page. You will then receive a conformation e-mail which you can use to validate your request.
If you intend to delete yourself, please note that the deletion does NOT extend to any Forum messages you may have posted in the meantime. The account deletion will merely "dis-associate" your account name, from the messages that you posted. So the messages you posted will have as author simply the word "Guest".
The same applies to user requests regarding edits or deletions of individual Forum messages. We already remove personal information or otherwise rule-breaking messages as part of the daily administration/moderation-routine of the Forum. Nonetheless it does happen from time to time, that people request manual deletions. One reason is that they posted something unpleasant, feel ashamed about it, and also use the same username/handle they have on G4TW on an unrelated platform. Another reason is, they posted a picture of themselves in their user profile or elsewhere on the Forum, which they now want removed (because
being associated with a piracy platform "could lead to problems down the road" of privacy reasons, no doubt about that. That's why you posted your personal $hit on here in the first place, right?).
Notwithstanding your deeds from the past, it is the opinion of the G4TW administration that we are not obliged to remove individual messages of users 'on demand', unless the items being posted consist of the above-mentioned personal information/offensive/inappropriate material/copyright-protected text and/or imagery.
Don't agree with us? Well, good luck with your lawsuit against us then.
- If you wish to contest bans and/or other moderating actions:
Note that bans and moderating actions in general stand-as-they-are. Regardless of whether they occurred on the Forum, any other G4TW-websites, or the Minecraft server(s). However, if you want to give it a shot, here are some guidelines on what your appeal to us can look like.
(Re-)read the Forum Rules and the Forum FAQ carefully. Contrary to what you may think, there are no "un-justified bans" on G4TW. Every ban is executed following a violation of the Forum Rules. On a related note, keep in mind it is within the discretion of the individual Moderator/Administrator currently handling a 'situation' on the Forum/Website/Minecraft-server, whether or not a warning is issued before further actions are taken.
Regarding your actual message to us: be polite, and send only one message. Don't approach us asking "why" you were banned, "why" your message was deleted, "why" we edited your Forum permissions, et cetera. Doing so will give your request no chance of success. We expect that you yourself come forward, and state what you have done wrong, and explain your decision-making at the time. If you really feel you do not know what you did (wrong), then make an educated guess...
Now go on and explain, why in your opinion we should un-ban your account.
We then also expect that you include in your message how you intend to communicate with the G4TW team in the future, regarding (potentially) 'dubious' content or messages. A lot of problems and misunderstandings can be avoided if people simply messaged an Administrator of G4TW in advance, about something.
If we grant your request you will receive a reply from us within 72 hours, stating that the account has been restored. If you do not receive a reply within that deadline, you can consider your request having been rejected.
Don't want to jump through these hoops? That's also fine. But ask yourself what you are doing here then, or whether this site is right for your interests and/or personality? On G4TW you don't need to be logged in with a Forum account in order to access the download links and view the support/tutorial boards. These things are probably the main reason you came here for, in the first place? If you do not agree with the Forum Rules that showed up during registration, then simply move on with your day and quit wasting our time.
Note that posting in public about whatever you perceive as mistreatment, will not grant your appeal any chance at all. Please use the e-mail contact form only.
One more thing: if we find out that you created one or more new accounts (with the implied purpose of bypassing bans or other restrictions), we will just ban/delete these duplicate accounts.
- If you want to report copyright violations and/or file DMCA-based takedown requests:
Keep in mind that we are a not-for-profit organization, and we understand our work primarily to have informational and entertainment-value. Neither this Forum nor any associated G4TW-platforms host any copyright-protected content. We do not even host any kind of metadata (magnet links & .torrent files). Consequently we do not accept any takedown-requests whatsoever.
It is the opinion of the G4TW administration that our activities do not violate any "copyright-laws", regardless of whatever political opinions you - or whoever you may represent - entertain about us.
Every user has the individual choice of whether they utilize these DRM-free copies or not. If someone did not have the financial means to purchase something in the first place, then it does not matter for (your) sales if that person uses DRM-free copies. And if someone does have the means to buy something, you can rest assured that they will do so on their own...regardless of whether or not they may have initially used our repacks.
Asking us to take down links to external sources would be comparable to asking us to simply not talk about filesharing at all. You are more than welcome to try your luck, and make your arrangements with the external sources hosting the metadata.
- Business inquiries:
If you wish to contact us about advertising-placements, collaboration ideas or similar topics, you can also use the contact form. We will reply to these messages only if we find them useful and interesting for our specific 'line of work'. Please note that even if we allow specific advertising, we do not accept "recommendations" regarding the content and/or moderation of our work (in return of us receiving advertising revenue).
- Contact form & official G4TW platforms:
Forum: (note that the old "games4theworld.bestgoo.com" domain is no longer active!)
Piratebay: (no longer used as of 2018, but you can still grab the older G4TW torrent releases, from there!)
E-mail Head Administrator ~Ann~:
E-mail Acting Administrator The_gh0stm4n:
- G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
- Windows version :
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows 10
System architecture :
- 32 bits (x86)
- 64 bits (x64)
Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.
Posts : 18146
Points : 24537
Join date : 2012-11-02
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum