Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 Gallery re-opening!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Empty TS4 Gallery re-opening!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 18:24

Dear users!

We are pleased to inform you that after a period of several months, we are resuming our work on the G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery ! Some of you may be familiar with that Forum subsection, while others may be new to this. Very briefly, in this section users with RELOADED/Games4theworld-versions of The Sims 4 can request items (households & lots) from the Gallery in The Sims 4, which as of right now is "officially accessible" only to people who own a base game of The Sims 4 on Origin.

Whether you are a new user or if you are familiar with this side-project already, please take another note of the Gallery rules here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23627-ts4-gallery-guidelines-please-read

The most significant changes compared to the rules from back then are, that now are asking users to please only stay in one (1) topic for all their Gallery requests unless they are told otherwise by a Moderator, which is pretty much in line with the general policy on the rest of the Forum. So you open a topic, if you haven't done so already. Your request will be fulfilled, if possible, and by a Staff member. Once your request has been fulfilled, the topic will remain unlocked and we ask you that in the event of future/more requests, that you post back in the thread you already opened.

The next issue I wanted to speak about is requests from "other platforms". Please note that in general we do NOT accept and fulfill requests submitted to us, through Facebook, Twitter, E-mail, private messages on the Forum or the Minecraft-Server. However, what you can do is this - and we suggest you read the following now very closely.

Since we understand that not everybody may want to make an account on the Forum just for requesting these items, we (the Staff) have reached an internal compromise, which looks as follows. The Games4theworld Facebook-page is the largest non-Forum platform of G4TW. Now, you can submit wishes for Gallery-items on Facebook, but again, we will not directly fulfill them. Instead, we will maybe once a month update a Sticky-topic in that Forum section, named "Wishes from the outside" or something like that. In this topic that gets updated monthly, we will publish a selection of wishes from Facebook. We will not release all wishes, but only a selection. Please understand that this is primarily meant to be a side-project for the Forum only. It is an additional service, which the Staff members are going to spend additional time and effort on. On the other hand we also understand that most people prefer staying on big sites like Facebook or Twitter only. We wanted to try and incorporate the "trend to social media" in some form or another in this project as well. Whether it will be accepted or not, is solely up to you. If you happen to have further suggestions, feel free to get in touch with us and let us know!

Finally note that this service is - just like back then - considered to be temporary. If there happen to be technical changes that render Gallery-items useless in RELOADED/G4TW-versions of the game, then we will have to accept that and discontinue the service once more if no alternative can be found.

Now....we would also like to introduce our newest Gallery Helper, @Aelinore, to all of you. After an initial warming up-period in which I myself will be taking all requests, the responsibility of the operation will be entrusted on her. Everybody now say "hello" to her !  pirat Very Happy

We hope that all in all, you will appreciate this extra service, and without further ado, let's go!

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Forumz O.G.
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper Inspector General / Forumz O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Empty This sounds cool

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 00:37

I look forward to seeing what gets posted, and hello miss Aelinore Very Happy

Back to top Go down

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Empty Re: TS4 Gallery re-opening!

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 01:23

Sorry I'm not familiar with how this works. So instead of us downloading a lot in the Gallery, somebody does it for us? Will the Gallery still not work for us?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 01:47

Kirlyfish wrote:Sorry I'm not familiar with how this works. So instead of us downloading a lot in the Gallery, somebody does it for us? Will the Gallery still not work for us?

Hello @Kirlyfish,

This is exactly how it works. Very Happy  Nowadays you cannot do this yourself anymore since cracked games are blocked on the Origin servers, from accessing that gallery. 

The way this works here is, you open a topic if you haven't done so already in the past, and request something. If it can be fulfilled (a.k.a if the item was released prior to January 12th and therefore having been created with game version 1.25), then a team member will download it for you, and provide a link on the Forum - in the thread - so that others can download it as well.

If you have future requests, then you should stick to the topic you opened already.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 03:15

Hello everyone and I hope to be able to help you get those lovely little Gallery morsels you may be craving all in good time. Thanks for the welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:54

Hello everyone and welcome miss Aelinor! So, quick question. If I don't request any item, will I be able to download items that other users requested?

(nevermind!!! tested it and apparently I can!) 

I can delete this post if it's no longer needed. Let me know!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:57

DemyStn wrote:Hello everyone and welcome miss Aelinor! So, quick question. If I don't request any item, will I be able to download items that other users requested?

(nevermind!!! tested it and apparently I can!) 

I can delete this post if it's no longer needed. Let me know!

Hello @DemyStn,

The download links that are posted in those request-threads in the TS4 Gallery are accessible to ALL users. In fact, even unregistered guest users can access them. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 15:34

That is pretty awesome!!! Thank you for taking extra time to make this possible!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 17:26

I have the base game!!! I can help you guys when I have free time Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 18:08

AerithGainsborough wrote:I have the base game!!! I can help you guys when I have free time Very Happy

Hello again,

We'll get back to you! Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:59

This is amazing news! I really appreciate the work you guys put into it.

And hello, @Aelinore Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 21:37

Hey hi @Aelinore! Thanks for helping out!

Like you suggested in your post OP, social media might be an option to see how many people want a certain download. Maybe using polls or amount of likes on a post for download options or something? So people can vote which downloads they especially want to come available for them from the Gallery... not sure if that would only give you extra work load! But maybe it's an idea!

Good luck you hardworking peoples!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 21:47

Linnapinata wrote:Hey hi @Aelinore! Thanks for helping out!

Like you suggested in your post OP, social media might be an option to see how many people want a certain download. Maybe using polls or amount of likes on a post for download options or something? So people can vote which downloads they especially want to come available for them from the Gallery... not sure if that would only give you extra work load! But maybe it's an idea!

Good luck you hardworking peoples!

Hello @Linnapinata, Very Happy

No, in this instance it wouldn't be that much additional effort. My intention was to highlight certain download links/threads that contain multiple creations, or collections from various YouTube-Let's players. When multiple requests come up, and the same names re-occur (TheSimSupply, lilsimsie, MaxisCreator or whatever they are named), you can imagine those particular items are 'in demand'.

Polls could also be a way to ask what people like at any given moment. Thanks for the suggestions!

Tea 3
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 20:54

This is awesome news! Thank you for all the hard work y'all do to make gaming fun

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 20:57

Note that as of lately, maybe you will get this here when you try viewing the online version of the Gallery:

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Baf42b10

If you get this, make sure to be logged into Origin when you try viewing/browsing this. You can make an EA/Origin-account, even if you don't actually have any games on it. So yes, possibly another measure to make things slightly more miserable.

As usual, good job EA!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 23:34

Sorry everyone, as of late, I had a very sick little one. But now he is on the road to recovery so I can start getting around to some of your requests. My apologies!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 13:19

Aelinore wrote:Sorry everyone, as of late, I had a very sick little one. But now he is on the road to recovery so I can start getting around to some of your requests. My apologies!

Aww poor little man, I hope he feels better soon.

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Bn60syW to Games4theworld

TS4 Gallery re-opening! 20181110

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 12:21

Update: due to the demand, we have decided to update the rules for the TS4 Gallery. Please re-read and acknowledge those. 
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23627-ts4-gallery-guidelines-important-read-this-first#157300

Below you will find the changes - modified/new passages are highlighted in green. More updates will follow if needed. Smile

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Icon_arrow  There are various ways of finding out about gallery items. One way is the online version of the gallery. Another way is through other sites/blogs or YouTube videos. But again, please make sure to be as specific as possible with providing the necessary information about the item(s), like the item name and/or the Origin ID. If you know the item name and the creator name as well, we would like to ask you to post the information directly in your message; it makes things easier for the Staff, due to the onlline gallery often loading slowly in browsers.

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Icon_arrow  Please be patient after posting your topic. We would appreciate it if you don't ask the question of "when" before that time has passed. Requests will be fulfilled when the Staff are able to do so.

TS4 Gallery re-opening! Icon_arrow Extra note 3: at this point, some of you may have played with the thought that this extra service is meant to replace the experience of a real Gallery. It is NOT meant for that. The original intention of this section was that the Staff members give you the possibility to download your favorite houses/sims from the Gallery. Due to the high amount of requests along the lines of "I want everything from the Gallery", we have decided to assign these requests a low priority. We are not limiting the number of items that users can request, but please acknowledge that these requests are very difficult to fulfill, also because items from the Gallery need to be downloaded one-by-one. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 00:28

Sorry for not getting back to these requests as of lately; I am not finding the time/energy to post much at all on here. Stay tuned for further updates the coming week, and... try having faith for now!

TS4 Gallery re-opening! 59
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum