Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? Empty Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 19:58

I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Last edited by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 20:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

vallkyri_
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, GTA V, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Dying Light

Female

Posts : 7
Points : 563
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-21
Age : 20
Location : hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? Empty Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by Abianca on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 21:34

Sorry but you can't skip, you have to install them in order to play Cats and Dogs.
Abianca
Abianca
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 1
Points : 548
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? Empty Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:11

@vallkyri_ wrote:I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @vallkyri_, Smile

You cannot skip fitness and toddlers stuff, indeed. It is really because of the way this game works technically; it's not like in earlier times with Sims 2 and Sims 3 anymore, where you can easily pick and choose your items.

_________________
Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection


Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17635
Points : 23875
Reputation : 2662
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? Empty Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by vallkyri_ on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:18

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@vallkyri_ wrote:I'm running low on the disk now and I have installed everything up to Parenthood. Can I skip fitness and toddlers and go straight with the Cats and Dogs?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @vallkyri_, Smile

You cannot skip fitness and toddlers stuff, indeed. It is really because of the way this game works technically; it's not like in earlier times with Sims 2 and Sims 3 anymore, where you can easily pick and choose your items.

Oh I see Sad Now, I am getting a lot of issues. How can I completely uninstall this? Because I installed it once and made a mistake at Parenthood (forgot to change the game folder name). I uninstalled it and ran Ccleaner so maybe if there's anything left it could clean. But it didn't. Now whenever I try to run the game it says that my user data is using a newer version of the game and I should update my game.

vallkyri_
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Sims 3, GTA V, GTA San Andreas, GTA Vice City, Dying Light

Female

Posts : 7
Points : 563
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-01-21
Age : 20
Location : hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? Empty Re: Should I download all of the Sims 4 files?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 22:24

@vallkyri_ wrote:
Oh I see Sad Now, I am getting a lot of issues. How can I completely uninstall this? Because I installed it once and made a mistake at Parenthood (forgot to change the game folder name). I uninstalled it and ran Ccleaner so maybe if there's anything left it could clean. But it didn't. Now whenever I try to run the game it says that my user data is using a newer version of the game and I should update my game.


No need to uninstall (yet). For starters go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file. Then try the game again. Smile

_________________
Should I download all of the Sims 4 files? ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection


Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17635
Points : 23875
Reputation : 2662
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum