There was an error during startup.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during startup. Empty There was an error during startup.

Post by chaching on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 16:38

There was an error during startup. Screenshot_19 

Hi! I wanna report a problem regarding this startup error as you can see in the first picture above. I have been trying to find fixes that'll make it work but it's still not working. I also tried the fix for the Log, but I noticed in my regedit there isn't ExePath or InstallDir in all of my TS3 games in the registry and it is an incomplete registry... so I cannot apply the fix. 

There was an error during startup. Screenshot_20 There was an error during startup. Screenshot_21

I downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Complete Collection which came from this site and followed instructions. Except, I did not download the fix for those who can't update the game to 1.67 since I was able to update the game to 1.67 that came with this collection. I only downloaded the Ultimate Fix. Yet, I kept on getting this error.  Why God.

The whole game is installed here:

There was an error during startup. Screenshot_22

Is there any other way to fix this? I desperately want to play this game again. Thank you! I hope someone can help ASAP!

EDIT: I downloaded the manual patch fix but the error is still occurring. And my windows registry about TS3 still lacks its other contents.

EDIT NUMBER TWO: Nevermind, after all the craziness I finally discovered that I was looking at the wrong registry folder the whole time. My Fast Lane Stuff's ExePath and InstallDir was in C:\ so I changed it to D:\. PROBLEM SOLVED! I got to open the launcher w/o problems.

Mod edit: topic title de-capitalized and shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

chaching
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There was an error during startup. Empty Re: There was an error during startup.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 05 Feb 2018, 20:12

Sorry for the belated reply @chaching,

I assume you actually have a 64-bit Windows system? Also, in general it is dubious to simply edit existing registry entries after installing Sims 3-related DLC.

Have you tested the game, and does everything (seem to) work? Smile

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum