Problem with installing the Castaway Stories.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with installing the Castaway Stories. Empty Problem with installing the Castaway Stories.

Post by Unesty on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 13:00

Hello, I have just downloaded CS from the download page and attempted to install. It stucks at the please wait thing after I say yes to the liceance aggrement thingy, which comes after I put the serial key in. I am using Windows 10 and i tried to make it run in the compability mode but it stucks at the same place again. How can I fix this?

Edit: I left it open and after 50-60 minutes later it started the installation. I guess the way to fix it is to wait.
Unesty
Unesty
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Aside from Sims series - Star Wars The Old Republic, Assasin's Creed series (I know the new games aren't as good As Ezio - oh Ezio <3 - but I like walking around the streets of Paris) aand Guitar Hero

Female

https://simsitecture.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing the Castaway Stories. Empty Re: Problem with installing the Castaway Stories.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 15:49

Hello @Unesty,

No, it definitely should not take that long for the installation to start. I am not sure; it could be related to the fact that one should install the old DirectX 9. It does help oftentimes for various issues in The Sims 2.

Another thing you could try is this. Go under Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off. In the window that comes up check the box named "Legacy components", then click "OK". It may take a while for the changes to be saved, maybe you also need to re-boot after that.

But then try the game again.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us

Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Problem with installing the Castaway Stories. JIghVzn
  Problem with installing the Castaway Stories. 524tQLc  Problem with installing the Castaway Stories. HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum