Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work Empty Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Snorple_Seeker on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi, 

I've been trying to install Sims 3 and I don't know what I've done wrong.

I downloaded and extracted the sims 3 and all of the expansions.

Went to the extracted folders, installed sims 3, then I went to the #crack folder and moved across TS3.exe, then I ran the TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe that was in the #crack folder.

Then I installed 1 expansion (Late Night) and moved the TS3W.exe over into the #crack folder.

So I have the Sims 3 shortcut and the Late Night shortcut on my desktop, but when I try to play by clicking either it says the Sims3Launcher has stopped working and won't even open anything.

Thanks for any help!

Snorple_Seeker
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4

Back to top Go down

Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work Empty Re: Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Paps6565 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:00 am

I have the exact same problem. I have illegally downloaded Sims 3 via KarmaTatic and she used games4theworld to download it. I just tried downloading Sims 3 World Adventures and Sims 3 Ambitions but I must have done something wrong. Karmatastic said to do the crack again when you download another EP and I did that, but it still doesn't work. I downloaded both, followed what Karma did, copied and pasted the crack into bin, replaced the previous files. I am very angry because I'm afraid I won't be able to play the game again.

Paps6565
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

Back to top Go down

Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work Empty Re: Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work

Post by Dracos66 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm

@Snorple_Seeker wrote:Hi, 

I've been trying to install Sims 3 and I don't know what I've done wrong.

I downloaded and extracted the sims 3 and all of the expansions.

Went to the extracted folders, installed sims 3, then I went to the #crack folder and moved across TS3.exe, then I ran the TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe that was in the #crack folder.

Then I installed 1 expansion (Late Night) and moved the TS3W.exe over into the #crack folder.

So I have the Sims 3 shortcut and the Late Night shortcut on my desktop, but when I try to play by clicking either it says the Sims3Launcher has stopped working and won't even open anything.

Thanks for any help!

Try this. Uninstall the Sims 3 and reboot your system. Now re-install the sims 3 along with any expansions/stuff packs you want. Apply the 1.67 upgrade patch. After the upgrade installs completely shut the sims 3 down, then copy the "cracked" TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" and select "Copy and Replace".   Now right-click on the TS3W.EXE file and click on the campatibility tab. Check the box "Run as Administrator" and click Apply. Right-click on the TS3W.EXE file and select "Send to Desktop (create a shortcut)". Now start the game with the new shortcut and it should run fine.

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Installed incorrectly? Sims3Launcher wont work Bn60syW to Games4theworld
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW Super Moderator
Command Sergeant Major
G4TW Super Moderator Command Sergeant Major

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum