Zclient "can't connect"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Issues with ZLOrigin (ZLOemu)

Post by DarinNWolf on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:14 pm

Hello, I just got myself a new PC and was looking towards getting sims 4 again for it. At this point I have my own internet (xfinity) and I'm fully aware that I'll get notifications if I torrent, so I was wanting to try out ZLOrigin

The only issue is while reading the guide it told me to go into the New Login folder inside Zclient, was told to double click ZLOEmu, it just takes me to an error page. I'm going to assume this would mean that the servers are down as I read, however does anyone know for how long? I know there's a dicord, but can someone provide a link to said discord?

DarinNWolf
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dark Cloud 2

Posts : 9
Points : 810
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Zclient "can't connect"

Post by GianDJ on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Zclient "can't connect"  Screen10
I don't know if the server is down or something, but suddenly I can't connect to my Zclient. Everything works fine not until now/today. My internet works fine, I already checked and did little troubleshoot but still says "can't connect". If anyone knows the problem or any more way to troubleshoot Zclient "can't connect" would be grateful. Thanks.

GianDJ
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 923
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by summer3478 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:31 pm

https://discord.gg/zaB9yx this link will take you there but it will expire in one day

summer3478
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 13
Points : 894
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by summer3478 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

the server is down right now. if you want updates you can go on this discord: https://discord.gg/zaB9yx

summer3478
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 13
Points : 894
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by DarinNWolf on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 pm

@summer3478 wrote:https://discord.gg/zaB9yx this link will take you there but it will expire in one day
Thank you! Now I have another question

I already have the sims 4 all the way up to get together before I decided to go ahead and try the zlorigin method. Now whenever their servers are finally running, could I still use my sims 4 and just use zlorigin to download the rest of the dlc I'm missing?

DarinNWolf
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dark Cloud 2

Posts : 9
Points : 810
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:18 pm

@DarinNWolf wrote:I already have the sims 4 all the way up to get together before I decided to go ahead and try the zlorigin method. Now whenever their servers are finally running, could I still use my sims 4 and just use zlorigin to download the rest of the dlc I'm missing?


You could try moving the install folder of your existing Sims 4 installation, under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games, which is the default location for ZLOrigin installs, incidentally. However, I am not sure if ZLOrigin will "recognize" that installation. See this comment here for an analysis of the issue.

Origin/ZLOrigin basically don't work like Steam. In Steam you can freely move folders in and out and the client will recognize the game. But if you move game-install folders into the Origin/ZLOrigin, they may not be recognized. Feel free to try it yourself though.

Either way, if it doesn't work, the ZLOrigin will just re-download the entire game plus DLC, so that should be fine as well (unless you are on a limited data plan).

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by DarinNWolf on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 pm

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@DarinNWolf wrote:I already have the sims 4 all the way up to get together before I decided to go ahead and try the zlorigin method. Now whenever their servers are finally running, could I still use my sims 4 and just use zlorigin to download the rest of the dlc I'm missing?


You could try moving the install folder of your existing Sims 4 installation, under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games, which is the default location for ZLOrigin installs, incidentally. However, I am not sure if ZLOrigin will "recognize" that installation. See this comment here for an analysis of the issue.

Origin/ZLOrigin basically don't work like Steam. In Steam you can freely move folders in and out and the client will recognize the game. But if you move game-install folders into the Origin/ZLOrigin, they may not be recognized. Feel free to try it yourself though.

Either way, if it doesn't work, the ZLOrigin will just re-download the entire game plus DLC, so that should be fine as well (unless you are on a limited data plan).
Ahhhh, I see. Well I suppose I could try doing that, would help with the headache of redownloading stuff if it works, but I understand if I have to redownload stuff again

thank you

DarinNWolf
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dark Cloud 2

Posts : 9
Points : 810
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by cows5evah on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 pm

Is ZLOemu currently down? I want to make sure they didn't get shut down and are just having server issues.
cows5evah
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA

Male

Posts : 140
Points : 1654
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Mick Danger on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Lemmie, the admin over at ZLOGAMES posted the following on their forum:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
open hosts as bloc-note and paste without spaces between lines

 
151.80.47.200 zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 zm.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf3.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf4.zloemu.tk

I already tried it, and it does work.

Mick Danger
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 66
Points : 2747
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2012-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

@Mick Danger wrote:C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
open hosts as bloc-note [=Notepad] and paste without spaces between lines

 
151.80.47.200 zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 zm.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf3.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf4.zloemu.tk

I already tried it, and it does work.



Looks like there might be some (temporary) issue with the DNS-servers...Edit: the domain seems to have been suspended, indeed:

Zclient "can't connect"  BZnf6zojQrqgO3QETCzCkw


Edit: topics merged.

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Tarac on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Apparently the site zloemu.tk is no longer functioning, reason why you can't connect.
To circumvent the problem you need a new Zclient folder

1. Delete your existing folder Zclient
2. Switch off your anti-virus for the moment
3. Download the new Zclient folder HERE
4. Extract with Winrar
5. In the new folder click on Zclient.exe, use your existing inlog details
6. Most probably 1st login will fail, in that case try again.

Some web-browsers classify this downlod as being dangerous. Believe me, it's absolutely harmless.

Login to ZLOrigin.
You'll see a message, ignore it and go to My Games.

Unfortunately the new Zclient folder does not contain a folder New Login, so these instructions can only be used by existing Zclient users.
Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

Posts : 3515
Points : 6386
Reputation : 632
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Misfit203 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:44 am

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Mick Danger wrote:C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
open hosts as bloc-note [=Notepad] and paste without spaces between lines

 
151.80.47.200 zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 zm.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf3.zloemu.tk
151.80.47.200 bf4.zloemu.tk

I already tried it, and it does work.



Looks like there might be some (temporary) issue with the DNS-servers...Edit: the domain seems to have been suspended, indeed:

Zclient "can't connect"  BZnf6zojQrqgO3QETCzCkw


Edit: topics merged.

i can also confirm that zclient / zlOrigin works after adding what was suggested by @Mick Danger.

but i have run into an issue that i so far cant fix. so i have to warn, dont try downloading / updating or repairing game.

when i logged in i saw there was a sims 4 update waiting so i clicked update and the update failed. it then greyed out my sims 4 photo and gave no play option.

i then tried to restart zlOrigin and it was still greyed out. so i tried to repair the game, and that also failed, so now my game doesnt work. i'm waiting for a response on discord as to what it might be.

but i can confirm that just playing games without updating does work, after my sims 4 fail, i tried starting the sims 3 and it worked, i also tried starting the sims 2 ultimate collection and it also worked. so im sure the sims 4 will work as well "IF YOU DONT TRY TO UPDATE".

I will post back if i find out that this is just an issue only affecting me, or if these features requiring downloading no longer work.

i dont know anything about servers and stuff like that, but im guessing the emulation and forwarding connection from Origin to Zclient are still working fine, but maybe due to the servers being suspended, downloading isnt. but im just guessing here. will post back when i know more.

_________________
Misfit203
Misfit203
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon

Male

Posts : 484
Points : 3339
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 48
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Tarac on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 am

@Misfit203 wrote:

but i have run into an issue that i so far cant fix. so i have to warn, dont try downloading / updating or repairing game.

when i logged in i saw there was a sims 4 update waiting so i clicked update and the update failed. it then greyed out my sims 4 photo and gave no play option.

i then tried to restart zlOrigin and it was still greyed out. so i tried to repair the game, and that also failed, so now my game doesnt work. i'm waiting for a response on discord as to what it might be.

but i can confirm that just playing games without updating does work, after my sims 4 fail, i tried starting the sims 3 and it worked, i also tried starting the sims 2 ultimate collection and it also worked. so im sure the sims 4 will work as well "IF YOU DONT TRY TO UPDATE".

I will post back if i find out that this is just an issue only affecting me, or if these features requiring downloading no longer work.

i dont know anything about servers and stuff like that, but im guessing the emulation and forwarding connection from Origin to Zclient are still working fine, but maybe due to the servers being suspended, downloading isnt. but im just guessing here. will post back when i know more.
After I deleted ZLOrigin and re-installed it again, The Sims 4 were updated without fail.
Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

Posts : 3515
Points : 6386
Reputation : 632
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Mick Danger on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:12 pm

I just commented out the ip's I added in my hosts file, then simply dropped the new ZL exe posted here in my original ZL folder, and everything worked fine. No real "reinstall" needed.

Mick Danger
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 66
Points : 2747
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2012-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 pm

I just added the above entries to the hosts-file, went to the (existing) folder ZClient, deleted everything there except ZClient.exe. Started up the ZClient.exe, it downloaded fresh files, closed itself, then I opened ZClient.exe again. 

Logged in with my credentials, and everything works fine for me that way; also downloaded that intermediary 1.43.14.1020 patch now.

Simplicity, over fanciness. 

PWND

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by elijah on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:25 pm

@summer3478 wrote:the server is down right now. if you want updates you can go on this discord: 
Hey, I'd really like to be updated as well! Is there any chance we could get a new link please?

elijah
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 4
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:27 pm

@elijah wrote:Hey, I'd really like to be updated as well! Is there any chance we could get a new link please?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @elijah,

If you scroll up this thread here a little bit, you will actually find that there are meanwhile some workarounds to the problem. Look at my previous comment here, plus the ones from @Mick Danger and @Tarac as well.

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by elijah on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 pm

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@elijah wrote:Hey, I'd really like to be updated as well! Is there any chance we could get a new link please?


Hello and welcome to the Forum @elijah,

If you scroll up this thread here a little bit, you will actually find that there are meanwhile some workarounds to the problem. Look at my previous comment here, plus the ones from @Mick Danger and @Tarac as well.
Oh, silly me! Thank you very much!

elijah
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 4
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:31 pm

@elijah wrote:Oh, silly me! Thank you very much!

Cool!  Carlos is tha man  

Luckily, it seems you can fix the issue with not much hassle (and just in time for the highly-anticipated "Seasons"-DLC).

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by elijah on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:47 pm

It worked!! Thank you again Very Happy

elijah
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 4
Points : 379
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by GianDJ on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:56 am

Thanks for the suggestions everything works great. Although I have another question, is this fix specifically just to allow Zclient to connect even when the server is down? but this does not actually let you download the latest updates and pack releases like the Sims 4 Seasons when it comes out? if so does anyone know an alternative way of downloading the Seasons pack once it comes out? Sorry for being impulsive just so hype on the Seasons update. Haha.

GianDJ
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 923
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Misfit203 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:41 am

@Tarac @The_gh0stm4n

incase you didnt already know, i have some info to help with troubleshooting purposes with issues such as i mentioned above. let me recap.


i tried to update the sims 4 and the update failed. resulting in my sims 4 image in zlOrigin to become greyed out and the play option to become disabled. i had tried to repair game, but in my case that also failed.


but anyway, now you get the idea if anyone mentions that their game photo is greyed out and they dont have a play option.


the fix is easy.


all that needs to be done is select repair game again, but cancel it after a few seconds. this will correct the photo's colors and return the play option back to the game.

_________________
Misfit203
Misfit203
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon

Male

Posts : 484
Points : 3339
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 48
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:33 pm

@GianDJ wrote:Thanks for the suggestions everything works great. Although I have another question, is this fix specifically just to allow Zclient to connect even when the server is down? but this does not actually let you download the latest updates and pack releases like the Sims 4 Seasons when it comes out? 


Why would ZClient allow you to connect, but then not allow you to download anything...?

The above fix with the hosts-file "re-directs" requests sent to zloemu.tk, to the IP-address given above. It is possible that a domain is taken down (here the zloemu.tk), but the actual server may still be running. Those two things are usually separated. If the domain is taken down, you could still try accessing the actual server by using an IP-address ... which is what the above hosts-file fix does.

Or you use the new ZClient folder that Tarac posted. Both solutions are working, but in the longterm it may be advisable to fetch the "fixed" ZClient-folder, and then delete the entries from the hosts-file relating to ZLOEmu. In case they are moving to a new server in the future, the entries from the hosts-file may become obsolete then.


@GianDJ wrote:if so does anyone know an alternative way of downloading the Seasons pack once it comes out? Sorry for being impulsive just so hype on the Seasons update. Haha.

Someone surely would post a torrent with the new update as well, but it would just take longer.

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17524
Points : 23721
Reputation : 2649
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by KidDude on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:56 pm

I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?Zclient "can't connect"  Captur10
KidDude
KidDude
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 123
Points : 1240
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Misfit203 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 am

@KidDude wrote:I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?Zclient "can't connect"  Captur10

yes, as you did, was all that was needed. (pasting at the bottom)

Just be sure that when you save it, it gets saved as hosts (with no extension) and not hosts.txt. which has happened to me when i used notepad in windows 10.

when i saved it also made me save to a new directory (Documents)

so after saving i had to go into windows explorer click the view button (located near the top of window) then select "show file extension" or something like that.
then goto my documents folder and check the file which in my case was hosts.txt which i just had to rename to hosts deleting the .txt extension.

copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\  and overwrite the existing file

_________________
Misfit203
Misfit203
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon

Male

Posts : 484
Points : 3339
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 48
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum