Zclient "can't connect"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by KidDude on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 am

I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

KidDude
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Misfit203 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 am

@KidDude wrote:I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

yes, as you did, was all that was needed. (pasting at the bottom)

Just be sure that when you save it, it gets saved as hosts (with no extension) and not hosts.txt. which has happened to me when i used notepad in windows 10.

when i saved it also made me save to a new directory (Documents)

so after saving i had to go into windows explorer click the view button (located near the top of window) then select "show file extension" or something like that.
then goto my documents folder and check the file which in my case was hosts.txt which i just had to rename to hosts deleting the .txt extension.

copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\  and overwrite the existing file

Misfit203
BUSTED!
BUSTED!

Posts : 481
Join date : 2012-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by KidDude on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:28 pm

@Misfit203 wrote:
@KidDude wrote:I downloaded the  Zclient ZIP linked above, and connected with my account and worked fine. Haven't tested ZLOrigin though. Also is this the correct configuration for the 'host' file?Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Captur10

yes, as you did, was all that was needed. (pasting at the bottom)

Just be sure that when you save it, it gets saved as hosts (with no extension) and not hosts.txt. which has happened to me when i used notepad in windows 10.

when i saved it also made me save to a new directory (Documents)

so after saving i had to go into windows explorer click the view button (located near the top of window) then select "show file extension" or something like that.
then goto my documents folder and check the file which in my case was hosts.txt which i just had to rename to hosts deleting the .txt extension.

copy the file back to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\  and overwrite the existing file
Thanks! I verified that it works by visiting the zloemu.tk website and it worked!
KidDude
KidDude
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Male

Posts : 123
Points : 1328
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by nikanpa on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am

I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?

nikanpa
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 62
Points : 1052
Join date : 2017-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:32 am

@nikanpa wrote:I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?
We, apparently, are not the only ones who try to download.
Mine is at 65% and still more than 6 hours to go.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 am

@nikanpa wrote:I had the same issue so I followed Tarac's steps and it opened. However, the sims 4 needed an update in order to be played, but it has been updating itself for 3 hours now and it's on 40%. Any suggestions?


Like I hinted earlier here, this is a highly-anticipated DLC. Everybody is eagerly waiting for this thing, and in the meantime there is this 1.44 patch which seems to fix a larger number of problems as well. Everybody is downloading at the same time, and there is only so much in terms of server capacity.

Expect even slower speeds for the actual "Seasons" DLC.  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 JIghVzn
  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 524tQLc  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17845
Points : 24155
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by nikanpa on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 am

But what is this update about? I don't remember anything new added recently  Hmmm, sure?

nikanpa
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 62
Points : 1052
Join date : 2017-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Mick Danger on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:13 am

EA always posts an update prior to the release of a new pack.

Mick Danger
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Posts : 66
Points : 2835
Join date : 2012-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 am

@nikanpa wrote:But what is this update about? I don't remember anything new added recently  Hmmm, sure?


See this here for example, to learn about the new changes in the 1.44 patch:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33364-patch-day-for-sims-4

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 JIghVzn
  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 524tQLc  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17845
Points : 24155
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by nikanpa on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:44 pm

It finally updated, but now this comes upZclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Screen10

nikanpa
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 62
Points : 1052
Join date : 2017-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Try following:
Close ZLOrigin and Zclient
Re-boot your computer
Login to Zclient
On the bottom of that screen select your Sims 4 game (32 or 64 bits)
Click Run

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Zclientlog_orig

You can now play the game without loading ZLOrigin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by nikanpa on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:17 pm

What actually worked for me was to turn off my windows defender so I can just start it up.

nikanpa
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 62
Points : 1052
Join date : 2017-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by Ambrosa on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 am

I can't get ZClient to connect, no matter what I do. After it disconnects, a notice comes up saying, Windows cannot find 'ZClient.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.  I had just finished getting all the Sims 4 downloads done, when zclient and ZLOrigin disconnected for some reason. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Got the same message every time. Can someone please help me find an answer to this.

Ambrosa
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 12
Points : 2292
Join date : 2013-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 Empty Re: Zclient "can't connect"

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:41 pm

@Ambrosa wrote:I can't get ZClient to connect, no matter what I do. After it disconnects, a notice comes up saying, Windows cannot find 'ZClient.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.  I had just finished getting all the Sims 4 downloads done, when zclient and ZLOrigin disconnected for some reason. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Got the same message every time. Can someone please help me find an answer to this.


You'll probably have to add your ZClient/ZLOrigin-folder to the "exclusions" in your antivirus. If you use Windows 10, check this out:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have any other antivirus or antimalware programs, you may have to do extra research on how to add exclusions properly.

Once you did that however, re-download the ZClient/ZLOrigin, and try logging in again.

Additional tip: if you have the "legit" Origin installed on the same computer, I would recommend renaming its folder. So my Origin is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin, so I renamed that "Origin"-folder temporarily. Otherwise (there is a high likelihood) you'll end up with errors when trying to download from ZLOrigin.

_________________
Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 JIghVzn
  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 524tQLc  Zclient "can't connect"  - Page 2 HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17845
Points : 24155
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum