How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently".

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". Empty How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently".

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 22:13

*Disclaimer* before you can do this following procedure (properly), please make sure that you actually have sufficient free space on your GoogleDrive. If you download stuff from G4TW here, information about the filesize of individual releases will be posted alongside the announcement-thread.

Red star from Carlos Red star from Carlos Red star from Carlos

Are you getting an error that says "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently - Please try accessing the file again later", when trying to download something through GoogleDrive? It means that the bandwidth of the download (2 Terabytes - or 2,000 Gigabytes - per each 24-hour-cycle) has been reached. But there is still a way to download the item in such a case! There are many such guides already out there, but for the convenience of the G4TW Forum users I am writing my own, with some additional notes.

Games4theworld sometimes offers direct downloads that are located on GoogleDrive. If you want or even need to download from GoogleDrive (for example, if for whatever reason you cannot use torrents), here is what you can do. Create an account on Google, if you don't have one already. 
https://accounts.google.com/

Make sure that you are logged into the account, and in "normal" mode (a.k.a. NOT in the "incognito-mode").

Click on the images in this guide, or right-click on them and choose "save as", to view them in their full size!

1.) After that, access the download-link of the item that you want to grab. The window will look like this. Click the button in the top right corner, that says "Add to my Drive". Take note of the item name, in this case "The Sims 4 - Seasons". Note that I have censored most of the URL, in the example screenshot below (for obvious reasons), but you should get the idea nonetheless.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". J2DxAo0

2.) When successful (should normally be), you will get this here ("added to my drive").

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". 3bCXOst

3.) Go under drive.google.com now. You will see the file you wanted to grab, but with a different owner name. Note that every item in your GoogleDrive that has the owner name "me" is in fact you. But after you import an item as per step #2 of this guide, you will most likely see a different name. Right-click on the file and choose MAKE A COPY. "Bestia Negra" in this case is the example name, of the original file owner.

Before you can make a copy, please make sure to have enough empty space on your GoogleDrive...enough for your desired item to fit in. If you still end up with an "error while making a copy", try checking out your GMAIL, and delete old messages from there. Similarly, check out GooglePhotos (if you use it), and delete old stuff from there too.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". XNrZMSu

4.) If you did everything right, you will now see a file named "Copy of [insert original file name here]". And the owner name is "me". Also known as, you. And you can download the file whenever you like, without worrying about the error mentioned in the beginning. This step - of "making a copy" (of the original file) is very crucial, because if you just leave the file with the different owner as it is and the original source is taken down, it will completely disappear for you as well.

So making a copy as per step #3 above, is very important.

How to bypass GoogleDrive's "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently". 9GmTpRF

Additional notes:

Arrow  We generally recommend importing the file to your GoogleDrive, instead of downloading from the original link. 

Arrow  The files that are added immediately after an import (those that show up under the original owner's name) do NOT count toward the occupied filespace, on your GoogleDrive! After you make a copy, you can delete the file(s) with a different owner name than yours.

Arrow  Keep in mind that because of the previous point, you may need to free up filespace in your GoogleDrive, before you can "make a copy". In this example, "The Sims 4 - Seasons" is a little more than 6GB in filesize. Therefore you need to have that same amount of free space available, before you can make a copy...

Good luck!  pirat

Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum