Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game Empty Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game

Post by JayRabbit on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 03:38

this is my first time using utorrent, so it was a very very long and confusing process getting the one expansion pack (Supernatural) where i think it needed to be. I followed the instructions from the installation guide and it told me to put the files into a "electronic arts" file under "program files (x86)", i have program files (X86) but no electronic arts file, so i didn't know what to do, i got the impression they just had to be in the same file, well i got the sims3 base game off of steam so i found that folder, and sent the files there with it. then i opened the sims3 launcher, no expansion pack.....restarted my computer, checked again, nothing....as if the files I downloaded are just figurative. what am I doing wrong?  Wat.

JayRabbit
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game Empty Re: Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 18 Jul 2018, 18:50

Hello,

Your Steam base game isn't going to work with downloaded expansions. You'll have to convert it to an Origin base game in stead.
Please read my answer to someone with a similar problem here.

Good luck!

Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game Bn60syW to Games4theworld

Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game 20181110

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW Super Administratrix
First Lady & Commander In Chief
G4TW Super Administratrix First Lady & Commander In Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game Empty Re: Downloaded expansion pack not showing up on base game

Post by JayRabbit on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 06:56

@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:Hello,

Your Steam base game isn't going to work with downloaded expansions. You'll have to convert it to an Origin base game in stead.
Please read my answer to someone with a similar problem here.

Good luck!
Ok i did exactly that and it still didn't work, utorrent said something about the file being bad and it was red, so i deleted it, RE-DOWNLOADED IT, took some time, and then followed the instruction guide exactly again and .....nothing...again....nice i got nothing left to try

JayRabbit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 11:22

Hello,

Well, if you have an Origin base game now, it should work. There are always things left to try! 
Are you getting the exact same error? 
You may have to reinstall the base game, if you haven't done so yet (after converting to Origin).

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRabbit on Thu 19 Jul 2018, 20:42

@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:Hello,

Well, if you have an Origin base game now, it should work. There are always things left to try! 
Are you getting the exact same error? 
You may have to reinstall the base game, if you haven't done so yet (after converting to Origin).
I did reinstall the game after converting the sims, but there is no specific error, I just open the sims and the expansions section is empty, says no extensions installed. I have the expansion pack under Sims3>game>bin is that the correct place for it?

JayRabbit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 09:01

Hello,

No, that's where your base game is installed. When you run the installer, you can specify a location for the expansion to be installed. It should be C:/Program Files/Origin/[expansion name], that is, assuming you installed the base game to the default location.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRabbit on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 09:27

yeah thats not in the origin folder.... i don't see what you're talking about...

I FINALLY FOUND WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT AND INSTALLED THE GAME THERE AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK/(is not being recognized by my base game as existing) Why.

JayRabbit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 13:27

@JayRabbit wrote:yeah thats not in the origin folder.... i don't see what you're talking about...

I FINALLY FOUND WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT AND INSTALLED THE GAME THERE AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK/(is not being recognized by my base game as existing) Why.

Hello,

Even if it involves more work and effort, my advice would be for you, that you start with a clean slate. Read up on this here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

And after removing everything that is there, re-boot the computer. After that, it depends on what you want to install. Do you just want to install a base game of The Sims 3, plus only a few DLC? Or do you want the complete set?

If you want the complete set of DLC, try this here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33217-the-sims-3-complete-collection-g4tw-repack

This item should be "friendlier" to install, for novice users. Smile

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRabbit on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 23:23

I actually found my issue, i missed the top portion of the installation guide, I tried following it but i dont have a " Sims3EP07Setup " in my files i'm so confused....i just used winRAR to extract the sims expansion pack, i don't even know what that means, i probably sound like an old person lol, i'm 18 and new to computers.

JayRabbit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum