[Solved] Store Items.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Solved] Store Items. Empty [Solved] Store Items.

Post by Bugatti on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 22:31

I wasn't really sure where to post this thread. If this is in the wrong place, please move.

First, I wanna say what a wonderful site this is, a big thanks to the Games4theworld Team for the work they've done. Basically I'm here to enquire about some store items, namely the Vorn Stallion (carmuscle) from the pre-order bonus and the Full Ultra Lounge Set from the store. So far the car is listed in the June 1st 2009 Store Update, but has no preview picture and is missing from the .rar. My understanding is that the car is very rare. As for the Ultra Lounge set, a search just found me the Kitchen and Bath set and the Youth set.

Last edited by Bugatti on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 02:22; edited 1 time in total
Bugatti
Bugatti
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims(TM) 3, Midtown Madness 2, Forza Horizon 3, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6, LittleBigPlanet, Minecraft, The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Shift 2 Unleashesd, Need for Speed Shift, DiRT 3, Zmodeler 1.07b

Male

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Store Items. Empty Re: [Solved] Store Items.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jul 2018, 22:48

@Bugatti wrote:I wasn't really sure where to post this thread. If this is in the wrong place, please move.

First, I wanna say what a wonderful site this is, a big thanks to the Games4theworld Team for the work they've done. Basically I'm here to enquire about some store items, namely the Vorn Stallion (carmuscle) from the pre-order bonus and the Full Ultra Lounge Set from the store. So far the car is listed in the June 1st 2009 Store Update, but has no preview picture and is missing from the .rar. My understanding is that the car is very rare. As for the Ultra Lounge set, a search just found me the Kitchen and Bath set and the Youth set.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

That website (and the games4theworld.org domain) are under the control of the old Admin, and he has left the Forum long time ago already. The site has not been worked on, in a long time. We have an alternative source for these .sims3pack items, which as of now we are still evaluating.

Part of the difficulty has always been that to the best of knowledge there are no reliable public "records" that show what exactly has been released in which month. The official Sims 3 sites talk about "store sets" without making reference to the exact release date. You would really have to buy these items, to figure it out. I recall there was this fan-made site "Simalogue" or something called like that, years ago, that attempted to record said store items. But the site has been taken down, and the records only went until 2012 or so.

I think ~Ann~ posted a link to these items a VERY long time ago here, which I incidentally grabbed and found on an old MediaFire account.
https://tinyurl.com/yb7ngy7z

This pack should have the cars you were looking for. As for the rest, check out this here:
https://games4theworld.org/the-sims-3-store-updates/limited-editionbonus-items/

Can't say much more beyond that; maybe someone else though can. Good luck for now!

Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugatti on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 00:19

Thanks a million for Ann's link, I've been looking around the net for that muscle car for years, really rare car. I'll take a look at the second link, since I might install some of the sets to my game.

Thanks for your help.

Bugatti
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims(TM) 3, Midtown Madness 2, Forza Horizon 3, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6, LittleBigPlanet, Minecraft, The Simpsons: Hit & Run, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Shift 2 Unleashesd, Need for Speed Shift, DiRT 3, Zmodeler 1.07b

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 01:08

@Bugatti wrote:Thanks a million for Ann's link, I've been looking around the net for that muscle car for years, really rare car. I'll take a look at the second link, since I might install some of the sets to my game.

Thanks for your help.

No problem; according to my "information" though, these cars appear to be part of the September 2009 updates, even though they don't show up on that old website. So not sure what to make of this.

We will definitely be trying to come up with an alternative download source (as we don't have access to the old website) for these items. Smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugatti on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 02:25

Good to hear. The site's been really useful to me and I'll look forward to the new download source. I tip my fedora.

EDIT: Actually, after installing the bonus cars to my game, I checked buy mode and they seem to be completely missing from the vehicles section. It's really weird, because they are the only CC vehicles that do this. I have the store patches installed in my mods/packages. Would you say these need to be de-crapified?
Bugatti
Bugatti
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:29

@Bugatti wrote:Good to hear. The site's been really useful to me and I'll look forward to the new download source. I tip my fedora.

EDIT: Actually, after installing the bonus cars to my game, I checked buy mode and they seem to be completely missing from the vehicles section. It's really weird, because they are the only CC vehicles that do this. I have the store patches installed in my mods/packages. Would you say these need to be de-crapified?

I believe all these items are already de-crapified; you wouldn't have been able to install them in the first place, if they weren't. But in case I'm wrong, feel free to try de-crapify them manually:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugatti on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 16:23

[Solved] Store Items. Ts3bon10
It turned out I was definitely wrong about needing to decrapify the files, since they installed without any errors. However, I noticed that when I booted the game up this afternoon, the cars were uninstalled from the game automatically. So I googled the problem and I found that I had a cache problem. I deleted the cache files and then the cars finally showed up in Buy Mode. Again, thanks very much for your help here, I'm really thrilled to get these cars working. I can finally sleep a night, lol.
Bugatti
Bugatti
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 17:29

@Bugatti wrote:[Solved] Store Items. Ts3bon10
It turned out I was definitely wrong about needing to decrapify the files, since they installed without any errors. However, I noticed that when I booted the game up this afternoon, the cars were uninstalled from the game automatically. So I googled the problem and I found that I had a cache problem. I deleted the cache files and then the cars finally showed up in Buy Mode. Again, thanks very much for your help here, I'm really thrilled to get these cars working. I can finally sleep a night, lol.

Always wanted to have that muscle car with a turbocharger in real-life; just to show dem' kiddos with their BMWs and VW Golfs who's boss.  What a Face  Twisted Evil   Either way, was there anything else we could help you with, or can we mark the topic as "solved"?

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugatti on Sat 21 Jul 2018, 18:25

Yeah, if that muscle car existed, it would definitely kill everything on the quarter mile. I can only imagine wiping the smiles off of cocky chaps in their noisy little hot hatches, hehehe! (a bit of exhaust trouble eh?)

Listen, the Ultra Lounge stuff isn't something I'm desperate for at the moment, the site did have the kitchen set, which will do for the time being. That's all I need for the moment, go ahead and mark this thread as solved. I'll stay tuned for the new download sources in the future. Yess, aye lieeke!

Bugatti
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum