The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by itsCat on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:16

Hello! 

As per title, i've been trying to run the game smoothly without success. It's the version "as per the November 1st 2017 update, which removed SecuROM from the game due to ongoing conflicts with the Windows 10 operating system" from what I read in the guide, so that SecuROM issue shouldn't be what's causing my game to lag.


I'm on Windows 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
8 GB RAM
64 bit, x64
AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series, texture memory 4095 Mb (hopefully these infos should be enough!)


The graphic really sucked at first so, assuming that was the only problem, I managed to fix it with the Graphic Rules thing. Now it looks nicer (a bit meh maybe, but that's probably 'cause I'm used to more modern games now) though it's still lagging and I've tried EVERYTHING. 
Tried running the game in windowed mode, on any possible given compatibility, tried adding -CPUCount:2 under Properties on the launch file, changed parameters in my Register Editor, I even downloaded Razer Game Booster! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  I also may be forgetting something 'cause I spent HOURS on this, I've read infinite threads and it's starting to confuse me...

My last hope now is to find someone willing to help me step by step so I can finally play Sims 2 Why God. I also have Sims 4 installed and that one runs perfectly.


Please and thank you!

itsCat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

Posts : 8
Points : 450
Join date : 2018-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:26

@itsCat wrote:Hello! 

As per title, i've been trying to run the game smoothly without success. It's the version "as per the November 1st 2017 update, which removed SecuROM from the game due to ongoing conflicts with the Windows 10 operating system" from what I read in the guide, so that SecuROM issue shouldn't be what's causing my game to lag.


I'm on Windows 10, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
8 GB RAM
64 bit, x64
AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series, texture memory 4095 Mb (hopefully these infos should be enough!)


The graphic really sucked at first so, assuming that was the only problem, I managed to fix it with the Graphic Rules thing. Now it looks nicer (a bit meh maybe, but that's probably 'cause I'm used to more modern games now) though it's still lagging and I've tried EVERYTHING. 
Tried running the game in windowed mode, on any possible given compatibility, tried adding -CPUCount:2 under Properties on the launch file, changed parameters in my Register Editor, I even downloaded Razer Game Booster! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  I also may be forgetting something 'cause I spent HOURS on this, I've read infinite threads and it's starting to confuse me...

My last hope now is to find someone willing to help me step by step so I can finally play Sims 2 Why God. I also have Sims 4 installed and that one runs perfectly.


Please and thank you!


Under the tab "device info" in the Graphics Rules Maker, did you click on "add now"? So that the bottom line says In Database: Yes ?

Also, on the tab "settings", did you click on "save files", in the bottom right corner?

There is also the 4GB patch, mentioned at the beginning of the message here:
http://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24221-must-read-overview-topic-for-the-sims-2#

You can try applying that too. Good luck for now, and keep us posted if you like! Carlos is tha man

_________________
The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags JIghVzn
  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags 524tQLc  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17913
Points : 24250
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by itsCat on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:35

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes, I do have the bottom line saying "In Databes: Yes" under Device Info, and I do remember clicking on "Save files". 
Now that you mention it, I forgot to say that but I also tried the 4GB patch even though I remember downloading it from elsewhere, following a different guide. I'm going to try yours now  Very Happy

itsCat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

Posts : 8
Points : 450
Join date : 2018-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by itsCat on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:43

@itsCat wrote:Thanks for the fast reply! Yes, I do have the bottom line saying "In Databes: Yes" under Device Info, and I do remember clicking on "Save files". 
Now that you mention it, I forgot to say that but I also tried the 4GB patch even though I remember downloading it from elsewhere, following a different guide. I'm going to try yours now  Very Happy
Nope, still lagging DedicatedToLorilihim

itsCat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

Posts : 8
Points : 450
Join date : 2018-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 20:51

Did you install the DirectX included in the torrent? I believe we included it, but in case not, you can also grab it from here:
Download Link

I'm not familiar with AMD graphics cards, but maybe see if you can find the option highlighted here:

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Pic610


If you do, change the setting as indicated.

_________________
The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags JIghVzn
  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags 524tQLc  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17913
Points : 24250
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by itsCat on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:13

My Control Center looks different, I did find the Gaming section but I can't seem to find any label that would remind me of "wait for vertical refresh" and whataver that may mean. I don't know, I guess I'll try and select different things hoping something will work? Is this the last option that I have?  Wat.

itsCat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

Posts : 8
Points : 450
Join date : 2018-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:19

@itsCat wrote:My Control Center looks different, I did find the Gaming section but I can't seem to find any label that would remind me of "wait for vertical refresh" and whataver that may mean. I don't know, I guess I'll try and select different things hoping something will work? Is this the last option that I have?  Wat.


Are you having difficulties with other games as well, or just with The Sims 2? I will think about other solutions, or maybe in the meantime someone else has a better idea.

I don't suppose you are using any mods or custom content for The Sims 2? Because having too many of these and/or having incompatible stuff can also cause performance issues.

For now, I'm sorry I can't suggest much else beyond that.

Why.

_________________
The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us


Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags JIghVzn
  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags 524tQLc  The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17913
Points : 24250
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags Empty Re: The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection :: tried everything, still lags

Post by itsCat on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 21:30

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@itsCat wrote:My Control Center looks different, I did find the Gaming section but I can't seem to find any label that would remind me of "wait for vertical refresh" and whataver that may mean. I don't know, I guess I'll try and select different things hoping something will work? Is this the last option that I have?  Wat.


Are you having difficulties with other games as well, or just with The Sims 2? I will think about other solutions, or maybe in the meantime someone else has a better idea.

I don't suppose you are using any mods or custom content for The Sims 2? Because having too many of these and/or having incompatible stuff can also cause performance issues.

For now, I'm sorry I can't suggest much else beyond that.

Why.
I don't play much on my computer, I literally only have The Sims 4 and it doesn't give me any problem. I was having this nostalgia moment and REALLY wanted to play Sims 2 but wow, the struggle  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
Of course no, I don't have any mods/CC at the moment, I was planning to add them later but well I guess not! Thank you anyway, hopefully someone will have a solution to my problem  Carlos is tha man

itsCat
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

Posts : 8
Points : 450
Join date : 2018-08-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum