I've been caught downloading from here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I've been caught downloading from here. Empty I've been caught downloading from here.

Post by DistrictToTheFuture on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 17:28

Hello. I am.. not really that old, 15 to be exact. My internet company is Charter Spectrum. So, I downloaded The Sims 3 UC, The Sims 2 UC, and The Sims 1 UC. My father recieved 6 letters days ago from "EA". I've seen these types of threads, but I'm shook. Can my parents go to jail if I download again? I don't want that on my conscience. If so, what VPN do you recommend that is free, and supports torrenting?
I also use uTorrent.
DistrictToTheFuture
DistrictToTheFuture
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims series (including that one PSP sims 2 port lol)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I've been caught downloading from here. Empty Re: I've been caught downloading from here.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 17:44

@DistrictToTheFuture wrote:Hello. I am.. not really that old, 15 to be exact. My internet company is Charter Spectrum. So, I downloaded The Sims 3 UC, The Sims 2 UC, and The Sims 1 UC. My father recieved 6 letters days ago from "EA". I've seen these types of threads, but I'm shook. Can my parents go to jail if I download again? I don't want that on my conscience. If so, what VPN do you recommend that is free, and supports torrenting?
I also use uTorrent.

//MOVED

See the discussion here about VPN services:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32958p25-best-vpn-services#191914

What can happen is that the ISP will terminate the contract. I don't know what the situation is like in America, but in Europe actual contract terminations are rather rare.

That being said, I would be highly suprised if they started mass-terminating contracts now. I am not necessarily saying you should continue downloading through your regular IP address, but I also think these "threatening letters" mostly function on a psychological level.

Alternatively, use ZLOrigin for your Sims-stuff.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I've been caught downloading from here. Empty Re: I've been caught downloading from here.

Post by Tarac on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 18:10

As far as I understand torrents, people like EA can only see your IP when they themselves are downloading the same torrent.
I've been caught downloading from here. Torrent-ip_orig
Example of IP's downloading a specific torrentfile (In this case a 100% legal torrent)

When they know your IP and the name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) then they can ask your ISP to reveal the details of the owner of that particular IP.

In my country (The Netherlands) such a request must be accompanied by a Court order.
No Court order, no details will be given by the ISP
You will be notfied by your ISP (and not EA) about such a request.

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 20:01

@DistrictToTheFuture wrote:Hello. I am.. not really that old, 15 to be exact. My internet company is Charter Spectrum. So, I downloaded The Sims 3 UC, The Sims 2 UC, and The Sims 1 UC. My father recieved 6 letters days ago from "EA". I've seen these types of threads, but I'm shook. Can my parents go to jail if I download again? I don't want that on my conscience. If so, what VPN do you recommend that is free, and supports torrenting?
I also use uTorrent.

I also wanted to add that virtually all services that are suited for masking your torrenting activities, need to be paid for. Windscribe has a free plan, with a monthly download limit I believe. Maybe that could get you started.

Other than that, ask your parents if they were willing to pay for that VPN service.

Then again, such a service is going to benefit you most if you torrent a lot. Otherwise, as said, try using ZLOrigin or grab the direct download links of these Sims 4 updates, that we post these days.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum