Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3 Empty Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3

Post by Fibijean on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 08:00

Hi,

A few weeks ago I used this site to successfully download and install all my Sims 3 games because this computer doesn't have a disc drive and I hate Origin with a passion. For various reasons, I was recently forced to uninstall them and so I need to redownload everything.

Unfortunately, this time around, it gets stuck on "Connecting to peers" and won't move past it. Usually, it connects within a few seconds and goes on its merry way. It's the same computer as the last time, but may be worth mentioning that I'm on a different wifi connection. However, this connection is, if anything, more reliable than the other and I have torrented on it countless times before with no issues.

My question, evidently, is how do I get it to download properly? I've pasted a screenshot of the utorrent info window below. I don't understand it too well, but from what I can tell there are almost 200 seeders, but I can't connect to any of them. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks in advance for your help Smile

Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3 AAAAQIv+D0aIdpvU7e6nAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Fibijean
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3 Empty Re: Trouble Torrenting The Sims 3

Post by Tarac on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 09:29

Try THIS LINK for the torrent

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fibijean on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 12:40

Thanks - it didn't work, but I think it was a combination of the machine and the wifi connection. I tried it on a different computer on the same wifi network and it worked. Don't fully understand it myself, but it works so I'm just going to copy it over from the other machine after it's downloaded. Thanks for replying Smile

Fibijean
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 20:08

@Fibijean wrote:Thanks - it didn't work, but I think it was a combination of the machine and the wifi connection. I tried it on a different computer on the same wifi network and it worked. Don't fully understand it myself, but it works so I'm just going to copy it over from the other machine after it's downloaded. Thanks for replying Smile

Maybe there is no firewall exception (for the torrent client) on the Windows system of your 'original' computer?

This here may be helpful as well, in the future:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads-guide

That being said, if you got a new internet you most likely also got a new router/modem. Accordingly you would need to forward the necessary ports in the router and check additional options. Like, on my own router there is a "firewall", which I was obliged to turn off because it would interfere with my torrenting acitivites. You'll have to check the documentation of your router/modem model.

So...ports. Once you opened ports, you have to insert these ports into your torrent client as well, along with the remaining settings shown in the guide linked above. Good luck! Smile

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum