Downgrade Patch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downgrade Patch.

Post by JustNeeNee on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 17:38

The sims multiplayer mod has been broken by the latest patch and the Dev is still working on a fix. I have the game downloaded through Zlorigins but play offline using second game folder. How can I revert back to a previous patch. Is there a way to replace game folders and get it to work?

JustNeeNee
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : PC

Posts : 8
Points : 343
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downgrade Patch.

Post by xXx_Tarac_xXx on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 18:39

You can try to downgrade your The Sims 4 via the full patch 1.44.88.1020 from @Anadius1
Or download Seasons and overwrite your existing folders with those of the download.
xXx_Tarac_xXx
xXx_Tarac_xXx
OBLITERATED
OBLITERATED

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

Posts : 3538
Points : 6334
Reputation : 631
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 75
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downgrade Patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 19:50

@JustNeeNee wrote:The sims multiplayer mod has been broken by the latest patch and the Dev is still working on a fix. I have the game downloaded through Zlorigins but play offline using second game folder. How can I revert back to a previous patch. Is there a way to replace game folders and get it to work?


I admit I can't tell whether this "multiplayer mod" is as great as it is purported to be, but nonetheless...wouldn't it be easier to just roll with this 1.45 patch, until the creator provides an update?

That aside, if you have the hard-drive space and want to fiddle in the future, try maintaining two installations (install folders) of The Sims 4. On one of these folders you apply a new update when it comes out, and you leave the other folder intact. In case you find anything annoying with the updated Sims 4 install folder, just switch to the other one temporarily. Of course, the two folders should be in different locations.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17164
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2545
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downgrade Patch.

Post by JustNeeNee on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 22:32

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@JustNeeNee wrote:The sims multiplayer mod has been broken by the latest patch and the Dev is still working on a fix. I have the game downloaded through Zlorigins but play offline using second game folder. How can I revert back to a previous patch. Is there a way to replace game folders and get it to work?


I admit I can't tell whether this "multiplayer mod" is as great as it is purported to be, but nonetheless...wouldn't it be easier to just roll with this 1.45 patch, until the creator provides an update?

That aside, if you have the hard-drive space and want to fiddle in the future, try maintaining two installations (install folders) of The Sims 4. On one of these folders you apply a new update when it comes out, and you leave the other folder intact. In case you find anything annoying with the updated Sims 4 install folder, just switch to the other one temporarily. Of course, the two folders should be in different locations.
I spent many hours of my life playing Sims 2 with my bother on console. I preordered sims 4 when it was announced it would be multiplayer. I stopped paying into the game when it was dropped. To me the mp aspect is the best. 

I have tried to swapping out of the game folder which did not work. I was not smart enough to do the same with the install folder. Thank you for the advice. I will test now.

JustNeeNee
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : PC

Posts : 8
Points : 343
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Downgrade Patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 12:26

@JustNeeNee wrote:I spent many hours of my life playing Sims 2 with my bother on console. I preordered sims 4 when it was announced it would be multiplayer. I stopped paying into the game when it was dropped. To me the mp aspect is the best. 

I have tried to swapping out of the game folder which did not work. I was not smart enough to do the same with the install folder. Thank you for the advice. I will test now.


My advice would be to never pre-order any PC game. Though I believe Origin has a policy through which you can get a refund if you don't like the game? Or was that only for specific games...? Can't tell.

But wait until the official release is out, and then check out reviews of the game. Pre-order editions usually contain gimmicks such as (mostly cosmetic and hence unnecessary) "bonus items", maybe a fancy book with artwork, a colorful box, or a cup/T-shirt/mouse/keyboard/etc. In my experience these gimmicks are not worth it, in most cases.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Training AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17164
Points : 23152
Reputation : 2545
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum