The Sims 4 alternative installer v2 (download only what you need; even smaller than before)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 alternative installer v2 (download only what you need; even smaller than before)

Post by anadius on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 01:33

Download links

Torrent

Direct download mirrors:
Mediafire
Mega

Info

Faster updates, help, etc. at Discord.

This release is for people who want to:
a) download less
b) play with only some DLCs or no DLCs at all

No matter where you got your game from, you can use this installer to get a new content.

What to download

If you want to keep the previous patch, rename _setup.exe to patch-<version here>.exe before downloading a new one.

Always download _setup.exe and helper_tools.rar.

"I want the base game"
Download base-files.bin, no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin.

"I want to just update the game"
Download no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin.

"I want to install DLC"
Download dlc-*.bin for that DLC; if it's not showing on main menu screen download no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin.

"I want to install everything"
Then download everything!

Note: no-origin-fix-*.rar is a crack from CODEX! Password is "origin-fix". Just in case your anti-virus deletes it and you have to extract it manually.

Installation

Just run _setup.exe.

Incremental patches

At first I wanted to make Sims-3-like incremental patches (updating from version x to y) but CODEX (group creating the crack) does a great job already. The only thing they are missing are language files for all 17 languages.
I'll provide those here: https://ts4installers.page.link/language-strings
Get updates here: <snip> I don't think I can post that link here on forums. Razz

Size comparsion

Total size:
1. FitGirl's repack (~18GB)
2. my repack (~20GB)
3. CODEX release (~27GB)
4. G4TW (~61GB)

Size to download when new DLC is out:
1. my repack (3,2GB patch + new DLC: 60MB-1,9GB)
2. G4TW (similar to mine)
3. FitGirl's repack (~18GB)
4. CODEX release (~27GB)

Longer explanation of size comparison can be found in this comment.

Thanks to Razor12911 for pZlib!

Last edited by anadius on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 00:23; edited 5 times in total

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Changelog

Post by anadius on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 01:33

• 2018-08-19: Update 1.46.18.1020 released, added torrent, changed description
  • 2018-08-18: fixed extraction on 32-bit systems
  • 2018-08-16: initial release

Last edited by anadius1 on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 11:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add changelog)

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 alternative installer v2 (download only what you need; even smaller than before)

Post by raineeday14 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 04:20

So if we were already using the v1 "alternate installer", should we uninstall all of those files and install these?

If I can continue by just using the new version with the old version:
How can I be assured new files won't crash the game I currently have?
Do i have to install that download_setup.exe and the other file?

raineeday14
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 alternative installer v2 (download only what you need; even smaller than before)

Post by anadius on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 09:45

I'll just aswer your e-mail.

I am not understanding mainly because there are no instructions for people already using the prior installers provided https://www.games4theworld.club/t33100-the-sims-4-alternative-installers-install-dlcs-in-any-order-you-want-discontinued.
"I wanted something smaller" but how does this affect the people who already downloaded and rely on old files provided.
It doesn't affect you in any way. As said in title, "download only what you need".
Why discontinue that "project" ?
Because I find this form of installer better.
Why use Zorigin since this crashes with some files??
It doesn't. G4TW uses files from ZLO and I can assure you they are 100% the same as files from CODEX releases.
Is it that we should uninstall all of files in the old link and reinstall the new files?
No.
Can we use the new files along with the old files such as patches and any other updates/packs?
Yes. But the patch in this release is a full patch. You don't need previous full/incremental installers.
For people with the old files, do we need to download that download_setup.exe and other file ?
If you want to install patch/dlc from v2 then yes.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehal on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 13:01

I'm sorry I'm not sure. Does that mean i can play the game with the DLCs that i prefer & i don't have to download all DLCs in order to play the game ?!

Nehal
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 13:14

@Nehal wrote:I'm sorry I'm not sure. Does that mean i can play the game with the DLCs that i prefer & i don't have to download all DLCs in order to play the game ?!
That's correct provided you follow the instructions carefully
Tarac
G4TW Guest Contributor
G4TW Guest Contributor

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile https://sims.tarac.nl/

Back to top Go down

Patch update installation

Post by yuzukisena on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 18:29

anadius1 wrote:

What to download

"I want the base game"

"I want to install DLC"
Download dlc-*.bin for that DLC; if it's not showing on main menu screen download no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin.

Note: no-origin-fix-*.rar is a crack; password to archive, if you ever need to extract it manually, is "origin-fix".

I want to just update the game so I downloaded no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.bin. and _setup.exe and helper_tools.rar.
In which order should I start getting on it? Would you mind telling me the step since I am not quite familiar with an alternative installer? 

Thanks a million Very Happy

yuzukisena
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 18:36

@yuzukisena just run "_setup.exe" it does all the work. It'll ask you for install location and everything.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehal on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 23:34

@Tarac wrote:
@Nehal wrote:I'm sorry I'm not sure. Does that mean i can play the game with the DLCs that i prefer & i don't have to download all DLCs in order to play the game ?!
That's correct provided you follow the instructions carefully
Thank u for ur quick respond.
But i don't see any insturctions ! also i can't deal with .bin files. I can't open them with any program.

Nehal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 23:42

@Nehal wrote:But i don't see any insturctions ! also i can't deal with .bin files. I can't open them with any program.
anadius1 wrote:

What to download

"I want the base game"

"I want to install DLC"

Note: no-origin-fix-*.rar is a crack; password to archive, if you ever need to extract it manually, is "origin-fix".

Those are instructions. You download what you want and then install it with "_setup.exe".

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehal on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 02:28

anadius1 wrote:
@Nehal wrote:But i don't see any insturctions ! also i can't deal with .bin files. I can't open them with any program.
anadius1 wrote:

What to download

"I want the base game"

"I want to install DLC"

Those are instructions. You download what you want and then install it with "_setup.exe".
Okay, many thanks  Very Happy  i'll try installing it and give u my feedback.

Nehal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 11:54

Update 1.46.18.1020 released, still uploading to Mega and Sendit.Cloud but you can download it from torrent or Mediafire mirror.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehal on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 13:13

OMG, I installed it with DLCs i need & it's working perfectrly. Thank u so much.

Nehal
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuzukisena on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 13:25

anadius1 wrote:@yuzukisena just run "_setup.exe" it does all the work. It'll ask you for install location and everything.
It works wonderfully. Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Sena

yuzukisena
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geukfeu on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:06

I got an error when I tried to run _setup.exe, it said:

'An error occurred while decompressing: Archive header is corrupt!
Unarc.dll returned an error code: -14
ERROR: this is not FreeArc archive or this archive is corrupt

Any idea what might have caused this or how to fix? Do I need to re-download?

geukfeu
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 07:55

Download "hash" folder and "verify bin files.bat", and then run it. It'll check if files are properly downloaded.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

It does not work for me

Post by Roorek on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 20:22

anadius1 wrote:

• 2018-08-19: Update 1.46.18.1020 released, added torrent, changed description
  • 2018-08-18: fixed extraction on 32-bit systems
  • 2018-08-16: initial release

I did everything according to the instructions. Installation went ok but it keep stucking on loading screen and then nothing happens. Any idea what went wrong?

Roorek
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Uncharted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 20:31

@Roorek Most probably incompatible mods. Move them out of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods" and try again.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Roorek on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 22:10

anadius1 wrote:@Roorek Most probably incompatible mods. Move them out of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods" and try again.
Nope. That's not it. I didn't put any mods there. It worked before (when I downloaded all packs, not the one I want) with CC, didn't have any problem.

Roorek
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Uncharted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 22:31

When I said mods I meant mods/CC. Just take everything out. Or even better, rename "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder so the game starts completely fresh. And if that doesn't help, try using validator and post the result here.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinstress on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 10:18

Has anyone had an issue with ur internet provider about the pirated games?  I'm living with my sister-in-law, and her internet provider sent her a message saying since it's pirated, she could be prosecuted and go to jail, so i had to uninstall the game.  how can i get around this?  i'm so pissed this happened. ugh!  Evil or Very Mad Y U do dis to me
Sinstress
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims ALL OF THEM

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Mon 03 Sep 2018, 10:26

@Sinstress wrote:Has anyone had an issue with ur internet provider about the pirated games?  I'm living with my sister-in-law, and her internet provider sent her a message saying since it's pirated, she could be prosecuted and go to jail, so i had to uninstall the game.  how can i get around this?  i'm so pissed this happened. ugh!  Evil or Very Mad Y U do dis to me
You didn't have to uninstall the game. Your internet provider can't check what's on your computer. They can't even check what you download as long as it goes through https. So use direct links, there are 3 mirrors to choose from.

However when using torrents everyone who connect to that torrent can see IP addresses of other people who download/upload that torrent. You should consider using a VPN. Or stick to direct links.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Post by philberg on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:06

Hi! I recieved the language error : Unable to start
The current user is not entitled to run the sims 4 in the installed language.

I installed my game in Fr first and downloaded your DLC and had the error... took the language tool (helper) changed all to fr but it does not work Sad

philberg
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:10

@philberg wrote:Hi! I recieved the language error : Unable to start

I installed my game in Fr first and downloaded your DLC and had the error... took the language tool (helper) changed all to fr but it does not work Sad
How to change the language of the Sims 4 is dependable of the DLC's you have installed. see HERE for a summary and manual.
Tarac
G4TW Guest Contributor
G4TW Guest Contributor

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile https://sims.tarac.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 18:16

@philberg wrote:Hi! I recieved the language error : Unable to start

Try changing the language to English and back to French. If it still doesn't work, run validator and post the result in the new thread.

@Tarac wrote:How to change the language of the Sims 4 is dependable of the DLC's you have installed. see HERE for a summary and manual.
My language changer works both with CODEX and RELOADED crack.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum