help with installation

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: help with installation

Post by bennyslick38 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 17:24

ok, update! i got the game to start and show all packs and dlc bt when i go to new game r the the play button it says game not found or game 3 not found..

bennyslick38
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyslick38 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 17:30

@anadius wrote:What do you mean? What did you do? What didn't work?
sorry i never replied, bt when i started it it would go to the start up or have an error pop up.. so i uninstalled/reinstalled it. 
that fixed the start up problem... now im on this one.. the actuall game wont play beyond start menu and it says C&D isnt installed nor is it showing seasons

bennyslick38
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyslick38 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 17:44

people are talking about a save file rename bt thats making me confused lol

bennyslick38
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims, naruto, elder scrolls, ggta, mass effect, defjam ffny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 18:21

1. If you get an error, take a screenshot of that error. This tells so much more than "an error pop up".

2. Which version are you talking about now? The one from G4TW or the one Tarac linked?

Run validator again.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyslick38 on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 19:08

ok guys im back, sorry its taking so long between work and kids.... lol n e ways  thanks for the hard work and the much needed help.
the game is having freezing problems and seasons doesnt show up as owned r installed

bennyslick38
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims, naruto, elder scrolls, ggta, mass effect, defjam ffny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 19:14

@bennyslick38 wrote:sorry i never replied, bt when i started it it would go to the start up or have an error pop up.. so i uninstalled/reinstalled it. 

Don't "uninstall and reinstall" on Windows OS, as that alone very rarely fixes issues. Unless you really know what you're doing of course.

ok guys im back, sorry its taking so long between work and kids.... lol n e ways  thanks for the hard work and the much needed help.
the game is having freezing problems and seasons doesnt show up as owned r installed

So if you are using G4TW's items, you could simply try re-copying & re-pasting at first the "Seasons"-Pack, followed by the latest 1.46.18.1020 patch, available here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33940-the-sims-4-update-version-1-46-18-1020-out-now

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyslick38 on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 16:46

ok, lol i thank you guys again for helping me (i promise im not this slow irl)
so i have them all installed now when i go to play seasons is blacked out like i dot have it installed and it crashes when i hit the play button.. so if i copy paste seasons again and download that fix everything should work?

bennyslick38
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Sun 30 Sep 2018, 20:43

It most probably will.

If it doesn't, run validator again.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/