Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

Post by soey-sunshine on Thu 04 Oct 2018, 00:55

Hello!

I have recently decided to download the Sims 4 on my computer, including the packs released on the website. ( All from Games4theworld.) As I finished following the installation guide for "Get Together", as I went to start up my game an error appeared saying that Origin was not running and that it needed to be running to now play The Sims 4. I have read the note at the top of the installation guide, and it continued saying so before I even had Origin installed on my computer. I had closed down Origin completely and went to start the game but it just continued by opening Origin itself and appearing with the same message afterwards. 

I have not tried reinstalling the game yet, being as I would like to keep my progress and etc being as I played before beginning the pack installations. If there is no way to solve this problem, I will try reinstalling my game, but if there is a simple fix for so, please feel free to answer.

And to avoid any confusion, I have followed the Installation guide after being told to do so on the "up-to-date instructions".

soey-sunshine
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

Post by anadius on Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:00

The guide says it at the end to move your game from default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" to different location with shorter path, for example "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4".

So: move the game, close Origin, start the game. And it should work.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by soey-sunshine on Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:07

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that I have done so yet the problem is still occurring.

soey-sunshine
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:20

Add "Game\Bin" to your anti-virus exception list and extract it again from "Get Together".

BTW which DLCs have you downloaded already? Consider using this repack for much smaller download.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum