Sims3Launcher not working...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3Launcher not working... Empty Sims3Launcher not working...

Post by dourako on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 01:47

I have an original of the Base game, and got my expansions from here. Everything is running good. I have Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons and Showtime.

I download University Life today, followed instructions inside, and when I tried to run the game... this pops up, even though I did everything the University Life instructions said.

Sims3Launcher not working... 5bec0138b2d1533dfcf531feea7e576f

So then I went to get the Ultimate Fix, did everything there, and it still won't work.

How can I fix this?
dourako
dourako
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims3Launcher not working... Empty Re: Sims3Launcher not working...

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 04:03

The launcher is frequently broken, I think it started with the release of the "Seasons" expansion way back in I think 2012. It was never fixed, but HERE are some possible workarounds.

In the meantime, you can also start the game "directly" (without going through the launcher), by means of using the TS3W.exe, normally located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

If you correctly applied the manual patch & Ultimate Fix, this should do the trick, if not feel free to post back. Good luck!

Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dourako on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 05:43

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:The launcher is frequently broken, I think it started with the release of the "Seasons" expansion way back in I think 2012. It was never fixed, but HERE are some possible workarounds.

In the meantime, you can also start the game "directly" (without going through the launcher), by means of using the TS3W.exe, normally located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

If you correctly applied the manual patch & Ultimate Fix, this should do the trick, if not feel free to post back. Good luck!

I tried the "TS3W.exe" thing, but then it just loads up black and does this.

Sims3Launcher not working... Ccbf7404e6dae069f7ce74163e4a47a1

I didn't have any launcher issues before in these past months, I got all my expansions from here. I got University Life today and this happens...
The thing is, I had done Ultimate Fix before I got University, and since I followed the instructions in University, I put the Crack in the Base Game folder.
So I was thinking maybe that was the problem, but I did the Ultimate Fix again and it doesn't work.
dourako
dourako
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 05:51

Try at first re-applying the 1.67 manual patch, and then re-do the Ultimate Fix.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dourako on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 07:39

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Try at first re-applying the 1.67 manual patch, and then re-do the Ultimate Fix.

I downloaded the 1.67 patch and tried clicking it and it told me there was no Sims 3 installed... even though my Sims 3 is even original bought...  No shit, Sherlock.
dourako
dourako
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Oct 2018, 01:40

@dourako wrote:I downloaded the 1.67 patch and tried clicking it and it told me there was no Sims 3 installed... even though my Sims 3 is even original bought...  No shit, Sherlock.

Where exactly did you get the base game from? From Origin? If so, what is the game version of it? If it's the newer 1.69 Origin version, I don't think you can use the Ultimate Fix from here (plus the DRM-free expansions/stuffpacks).

Or is the base game from Steam...?

I know it's common because people have purchased single individual components of games, and then of course they want to pirate the rest (because buying everything is too expensive). Personally, I don't generally recommend "mixing" original stuff with pirated things. You are getting this error because the 1.67 patch does not recognize your installation.

If all fails, consider uninstalling your current Sims 3 basegame, and re-download a pirated copy.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum