Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Fri 12 Oct 2018, 00:53

as i was an old user for forumotion system but i did quit using it long ago i still having the Scripts i was using 
and these Scripts meant to make the pages looks easier and better


for the first stuff i love to share with admins here is a Script will allow admins to have different shape of font and background to posts
which is 2 parts
1 JavaScript

Code:
$(function() {

groupMod('#FF00C4', 'admins');

function groupMod(color, classname) {$('.post:has(span[style="color:'+color+'"] strong)').addClass(classname)}
    });

this part
#FF00C4', 'admins
must be changed as what its in the admin panel so it fits the right place
please note that is admin stuff only not for usage by members !

2 is CSS to style the

Code:
.post.admins { background: url(http://micsoft.url.ph/up/do.php?img=54) 0 0 / 100% 100% }
    .admins { color:#FF00C4 }
    .admins .postbody{
    font-size: 29px;
    text-align: center;
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 1.0em;
    }

also the part
#FF00C4
must be changed aswell to fit the same option picked in JavaScript
please change
    font-size: 29px;
    text-align: center;
    font-weight: bold;
    line-height: 1.0em;
to what fits the right style
I tip my fedora. 
i still have few more to pick from but im still not sure what is the best to pick next
i hope this be helpful post to G4TW team
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Fri 12 Oct 2018, 00:56

sorry i forget to say
Code:
background: url
the link next to it is a background for the post pick one or make it blank for no background
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 12 Oct 2018, 17:52

Hello and thanks for the codes,

Let's see...I guess I'll keep my own "font" (the same as everybody else's, except for the red color). No need for being fancy on that end. Maybe ~Ann~ will have a look at this, but as for me, I'm more than fine with the current font/design. 

Yess, aye lieeke!

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16692
Points : 22417
Reputation : 2439
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Mon 15 Oct 2018, 23:54

thank you so much
also i got this one
usage of it is to add a sound whenever there is a new notification came while you stay on the forum
its a Java Script
im looking for the Script that show posts with close titles to help while writing down a new topic title there will be a fast search going on and show topics with words in real time to help if there is someone have posted same question it may show up while just writing the title in new topic forum

Code:
    var audioFile = 'Direct MP3 link';

    notifChecker = setInterval('checkNotif()',500);
    function checkNotif() {
        if ($('.fa_notification').length > 0) {
            window.clearInterval(notifChecker);
            alertNotif();
        }
    };

    dispCheck = setInterval('removeNotif()',500);
    function removeNotif() {
        if ($('.fa_notification').css('display') == 'none') {
            $('.fa_notification').remove();
            $('.audioElem').remove();
            notifChecker = setInterval('checkNotif()',500);
        }
    };

    function alertNotif() { $('body').append('<audio class="audioElem" style="display:none;" controls autoplay><source src="'+audioFile+'" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>'); };
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by anadius on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 00:17

I don't think it's a good idea to force users to use it since there are no settings for it. But as a UserScript it's a great one!

_________________
The Sims 4 alternative installer v2 | The Sims 4 validator | The Sims 4 language changer and DLC toggler
Feel free to send me an e-mail if you encounter any problem with my installers/programs.
avatar
anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

Posts : 1100
Points : 3381
Reputation : 290
Join date : 2013-07-01

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 03:42

@anadius wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to force users to use it since there are no settings for it. But as a UserScript it's a great one!
my apologize
that is website settings its not usable by members its a settings and features need to be applied by the owner of websites
its a stuff for web creators
to change abilites in websites and some of them do a real job to improve websites
i hope i did a good job Explain
I tip my fedora.
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Oct 2018, 19:09

How about this (possible) sound notification here? "Goodbye my friend".



Or this? "Watch out watch out watch out".




(that was a not-so-serious suggestion by the way).

@Michael_vx wrote:my apologize
that is website settings its not usable by members its a settings and features need to be applied by the owner of websites
its a stuff for web creators
to change abilites in websites and some of them do a real job to improve websites
i hope i did a good job Explain
I tip my fedora.


I think what anadius meant to say was that for some (especially serious) changes like sound notifications or search result previews, users should have the active choice whether or not they want to use these things. I'm tending to agree with anadius here. As for these search result previews, I don't know. It sounds good in theory but in practice, if the topic title someone types is something vague like "I need help" or "The Sims 4 crashes", it's going to be the same as using the regular search function: namely not so effective.

I imagine for some communities that are more about some more technical or specialized topic, it could be helpful. On these platforms, users themselves are often used to a more rigid organization; for example, maybe they already 'have' to write clear topic titles as part of Forum Rules.

On G4TW though, most users sign up for getting a quick "fix" for their Sims issue(s). 

Maybe ~Ann~ has a different view on this though, so feel free to wait for a second opinion.

Edit: also, having a sound notification by default is going to be super-annoying, because you can get a "notification" already if someone just mentions your username in a topic. I have to be blunt. Yes, you can choose the types of events for which you get notifications, in your profile, but still. I think by default you get notifications for everything, and we'll need to assume most people are not going to (know how to) change their profile settings. So this means...sound notifications for everything.

Happy B-day! Suspect What a Face

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16692
Points : 22417
Reputation : 2439
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Mon 22 Oct 2018, 12:35

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:How about this (possible) sound notification here? "Goodbye my friend".



Or this? "Watch out watch out watch out".




(that was a not-so-serious suggestion by the way).

@Michael_vx wrote:my apologize
that is website settings its not usable by members its a settings and features need to be applied by the owner of websites
its a stuff for web creators
to change abilites in websites and some of them do a real job to improve websites
i hope i did a good job Explain
I tip my fedora.


I think what anadius meant to say was that for some (especially serious) changes like sound notifications or search result previews, users should have the active choice whether or not they want to use these things. I'm tending to agree with anadius here. As for these search result previews, I don't know. It sounds good in theory but in practice, if the topic title someone types is something vague like "I need help" or "The Sims 4 crashes", it's going to be the same as using the regular search function: namely not so effective.

I imagine for some communities that are more about some more technical or specialized topic, it could be helpful. On these platforms, users themselves are often used to a more rigid organization; for example, maybe they already 'have' to write clear topic titles as part of Forum Rules.

On G4TW though, most users sign up for getting a quick "fix" for their Sims issue(s). 

Maybe ~Ann~ has a different view on this though, so feel free to wait for a second opinion.

Edit: also, having a sound notification by default is going to be super-annoying, because you can get a "notification" already if someone just mentions your username in a topic. I have to be blunt. Yes, you can choose the types of events for which you get notifications, in your profile, but still. I think by default you get notifications for everything, and we'll need to assume most people are not going to (know how to) change their profile settings. So this means...sound notifications for everything.

Happy B-day!  Suspect  What a Face
IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  these sounds will be nuts but then need to be direct MP3 files with direct links IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

yes too bad it will be default on every single notification
maybe one day i will came out with an Edit to make it with option to pick sound or not sound
but i remind it was not made by me 
and yes these search result previews are almost like normal search but instead it shows in names above topic title or below it i do not remember Exactly 
still looking after it if not i will try find the source then bring it to here
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 03 Nov 2018, 00:57

@Michael_vx wrote:
IAmSoHappyEmergahwd  these sounds will be nuts but then need to be direct MP3 files with direct links IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

yes too bad it will be default on every single notification
maybe one day i will came out with an Edit to make it with option to pick sound or not sound
but i remind it was not made by me 
and yes these search result previews are almost like normal search but instead it shows in names above topic title or below it i do not remember Exactly 
still looking after it if not i will try find the source then bring it to here


Just out of interest @Michael_vx, have you been involved in running (Forumotion) Forums, at some point?  Edit: OK, you mentioned that in your first post.  Oh my...  Carlos is tha man  I still don't know, maybe we will come up with features that are more 'modern', sometime in the future. Maybe instead of a sound notification, something like a small window pop-up in a bottom corner of the screen?

We'll see what we can do in the future.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 16692
Points : 22417
Reputation : 2439
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi I hope my post give a help improve G4TW.

Post by Michael_vx on Sun 11 Nov 2018, 18:21

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:


Just out of interest @Michael_vx, have you been involved in running (Forumotion) Forums, at some point?  Edit: OK, you mentioned that in your first post.  Oh my...  Carlos is tha man  I still don't know, maybe we will come up with features that are more 'modern', sometime in the future. Maybe instead of a sound notification, something like a small window pop-up in a bottom corner of the screen?

We'll see what we can do in the future.
this what i hope for
I tip my fedora.
avatar
Michael_vx
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 4 - GTA - Tomb rider - MineCraft

Male

Posts : 118
Points : 651
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-15
Age : 27
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum