Game gets stuck at "Save To My Library" window

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game gets stuck at "Save To My Library" window

Post by lkjhgf on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 03:29

I'm stuck here. Clicking the save button doesn't do anything- It doesn't save or close- and the X button doesn't work either. (Neither does pressing ESC.) This is the second time it's done this, and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've tried waiting it out, but it's been thirteen minutes.

lkjhgf
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Dying

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game gets stuck at "Save To My Library" window

Post by anadius on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 09:46

Try starting the game without mods.

If that doesn't help, run the validator and post the result here.

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Think-tank driver
G4TW Forum DeveloperThink-tank driver

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lkjhgf on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 15:35

Running the game without mods fixed the issue. How do I go about seeing what mod is causing it?

lkjhgf
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 16:16

@lkjhgf wrote:How do I go about seeing what mod is causing it?

Testing the mods one-by-one, and starting up the game each time. Sounds like lame advice, but to my knowledge there really is no quicker/easier way. 

Maybe it's worth emphasizing (though I'm not sure if applicable in your case) that mods and CC are best installed in small batches, instead of happily downloading tons of stuff and putting everything into the game in one go. Again, this is going to be a bit more time-consuming, but imagine just adding one new mod at a time, and then always starting up the game afterwards.

If you notice a problem in the game, you can be almost sure that the mod(s) you inserted "most recently", are causing you problems and should consequently be easier to find.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lkjhgf on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 17:16

If anyone else encounters this error, it was a script mod called "UI Cheats Extension." I could've sworn it got updated, but apparently not!

lkjhgf
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:23

@lkjhgf wrote:If anyone else encounters this error, it was a script mod called "UI Cheats Extension." I could've sworn it got updated, but apparently not!

Sometimes playing with mods leaves behind 'traces'...in the form of cache files, which you can try deleting. One of them is the localthumcache.package. You can find the file under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and it should be deleted regularly.

Another thing is the cachestr-subfolder, under the same location. Delete its contents regularly as well, but don't delete the actual cachestr-subfolder.  Carlos is tha man

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum