Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

Post by an9elica on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 05:52

Hi! First, I want to say "thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you". Second, I downloaded the all-in-one ISO for The Sims 4 and I mounted it, it works great, but now I'm trying to use Sims 4 Studio with the program. It didn't work, so I put the entire index onto my external hard drive -- that didn't work. Then I placed it onto my desktop. It's still not working.

Is this something I need to bring up with the creators of THAT program? The whole reason I want this game so bad is because it runs better than TS3, but I miss creating stuff. I thought if I could figure out how to make stuff in TS4, I could maybe be happy lol.

Thanks for your help! I didn't see this posted anywhere. I'm sorry if this is a violation of terms (will gladly take it down if necessary).

xoxox Angelica Haters gonna hate
an9elica
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3, TS4

Female

View user profile http://fhr.cloud

Back to top Go down

Re: Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

Post by Tarac on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 13:00

When programs like Sims 4 Studio try to change something in your game (so not in Documents\Electronic Arts) it cannot do that. You can't just change an .iso.
When you copy the The Sims 4 folder from the mounted iso to your (external) hard disk the program should function properly.
Tarac
G4TW Guest Contributor
G4TW Guest Contributor

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by an9elica on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 14:33

Ohhhh.. so because I've done that and it's still not working, I should talk to the creators of the program.

Thank you for explaining that to me about the ISO. I don't fool around with them much so I'm pretty novice when it comes to them.
an9elica
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by an9elica on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 15:45

I  searched at their forum and they won't help if it's cracked
an9elica
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 22:40

@an9elica wrote:Ohhhh.. so because I've done that and it's still not working, I should talk to the creators of the program.

Thank you for explaining that to me about the ISO. I don't fool around with them much so I'm pretty novice when it comes to them.

Welcome to the Forum to you as well @an9elica,

I know a couple of G4TW users who have been using this tool in the past with CODEX/G4TW versions of The Sims 4...and with no issues. I just registered on their Forum to download this thing. 

So the first time I loaded up, it auto-recognized my Origin-version of The Sims 4, which I did not want, because I want to specifically test for CODEX/G4TW-versions. So I went under settings and here goes:

The above location is where I have my own CODEX/G4TW install folder for The Sims 4. Set the location, and clicked on "Save". I then closed the program (!) and fired it back up again. I noticed that the initial "loading screen" took longer, because it was loading all DLCs. But after that I put a "creator name" and then clicked on  -> add CAS part swatch -> CAS. Next screen leads me to a selection of CAS items...so it appears to be working on my end?

Are you 100% positive you have correctly extracted the game installation folder, from the .iso? A simple test is, are you able to run the game (fine), from the extracted folder? Go under Game\Bin please, and use the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe for starting it up.

@an9elica wrote:I  searched at their forum and they won't help if it's cracked

Yes, you shouldn't bother asking on mod-sites for Support, or if you can, at least try avoiding any mention of your game not being legit. Try not to take it personal; for one you need to keep in mind that these sites often heavily depend on advertising revenue, and "being about piracy" is one sure way to deter a lot of legit advertisers. 

Then, they might want to be "well-known in the Sims Community", which can include co-operations with C- or D-level celebrities (Sims YouTubers, official Sims developers/programmers, etc.).

Or, they might just disapprove of piracy for ideological reasons, though the two foregoing reasons are the most common ones. While G4TW is for the most part about providing these downloads and guides, we can also at least try helping people like you.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum