Common Glitch Fixes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Common Glitch Fixes?

Post by Oliver Gothic on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 19:38

I have a few common glitches that happen with my game often and I need to know how to fix them. 
Things such as the motive bar filling too quickly (my kids and sims sleep for like two hours and then they are rested)
Things rotting too quickly, such as baby bottles, birthday cakes, diapers, etc. After an hour or so they have flies and stench
Animation glitching, I put one of my kids out to play in the snow and I occasionally see the snowfall animation (from throwing snow) around them

I reset the kids and moved the entire family out into a new home and the motive bar and rotting issue are still happening! Along with other problems, such as the school bus and the maid not showing up. I used the ffs debugger for nuking but unfortunately it did nothing.
Help please

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : my disney kitchen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Common Glitch Fixes?

Post by Oliver Gothic on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 23:20

Any suggestions?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 11:26

Are you using mods/scripts ?
If so, try a new game without these by MOVING (not copying) your progress files in Documents to your desktop.
Tarac
G4TW Guest Contributor
G4TW Guest Contributor

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 19:05

@Oliver Gothic wrote:I have a few common glitches that happen with my game often and I need to know how to fix them. 

@Oliver Gothic wrote:Any suggestions?

Have you tried clearing the cache files?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t22860-deleting-cache-files-in-the-sims-2

I'll also assume you have ALL available expansions and stuffpacks installed, along the base game? Because if that were not the case, it could lead to problems when installing and using certain mods/CC. 

G4TW has two versions of TS2: the complete collection with individual installers, and the origin ultimate collection that 'installs' everything. With the former you could opt out of installing particular DLC, which I personally don't recommend. The origin ultimate collection cannot install particular individual DLC.

Another thing, could I ask you to not bump for help before the 24-hour mark has passed, as frustrating as your issues may seem? Apart from the fact that we cannot possibly respond to questions as soon as they show up here, we sometimes just do not know all answers. If you feel that your request has been overlooked, you can "bump" after 24 hours of not getting a reply, but even so I would appreciate it, if you actually e-mailed me (see my Forum signature) instead of bumping the Forum thread.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Training Administrator
General of the Armies/Gatekeeper
G4TW Training Administrator General of the Armies/Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Gothic on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 19:30

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually fixed it by just clicking random things on the batbox. I 'forced errors on all' and it gave me about a hundred different error messages. I then went through and reset them all. It fixed the issues I mentioned, as well as some others that I was having. I'm going to download hood checker because someone told me that it isn't quite right for everything to have errors attached to them.

Also, what is bumping?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 31 Oct 2018, 19:42

@Oliver Gothic wrote:(...) I'm going to download hood checker because someone told me that it isn't quite right for everything to have errors attached to them.

This thing with "force error(s)" is to my knowledge mainly intended for advanced troubleshooting and for people I guess who are creating mods for the game; so that they have some sort of in-game tool to test mods.

@Oliver Gothic wrote:
Also, what is bumping?

Bumping is if you post some help request or other question, and then follow up (very shortly after your first question) with "any ideas?/help?/bump?" or similar. The idea of bumping is that by these follow-up utterances, attention is drawn to the original thread. A practice that on many Forums - including G4TW - is discouraged or at least limited. As hinted, you can e-mail me after 24 hours of opening the topic and not getting a reply.

Yess, aye lieeke!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 DLC install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum thread!

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Gothic on Thu 01 Nov 2018, 00:02

Okay thank you. Is there a way to edit posts?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Nov 2018, 15:38

@Oliver Gothic wrote:Okay thank you. Is there a way to edit posts?

We've disabled that (for regular users); you can simply post a follow-up reply if needed.

One thing you didn't mention yet but could be important as well, which version of The Sims 2 do you use? Is it the "Origin Ultimate Collection" from Origin/ZLOrigin? Or is it a Sims 2 based on an older (disc-based) version?

The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum