Endless loading after loading in a household!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 01:40

Woo another issue! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

When I load the game, it takes... a long time to load. But it loads. However, I open a save, and I go to a household, and thus the endless loading starts.

Yes, I use CC, and I believe its a mod issue? Not sure what the specific issue is, however. I have used the mod conflict finder and have removed some problem CC, like sims 3 CC that wasn't supposed to be there xD.

I am currently downloading the newest patch, since I saw there was issues with mods before the latest patch. I will update with results if my issue is fixed with this patch once I install and test it.

Where do I start the troubleshooting process? Is there another issue that might not be CC?

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Splatoon 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Re: Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 03:22

Update: Updated the game, same issue.

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Endless loading after loading in a household! Empty Re: Endless loading after loading in a household!

Post by Deezells on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 04:12

Have you tried removing all the mods?

Deezells
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Papers, Please, Angband, Beat Hazard, Super Hexagon, Transformice, Icewind Dale II, Morrowind, Oblivion, Mount & Blade: Warband, Diablo 2, Torchlight II, Dungeon Siege II, Jagged Alliance 2, Spelunky, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Suikoden II, Banished, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, but none beats The Sims.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 09:05

@Deezells wrote:Have you tried removing all the mods?
I removed all my mods, and the endless loading still occured.

One thing to note: My save portraits were still there on the load game screen, but when I load into the neighborhood, the portrait only displays few if not none of the sims individually. I believe it's a save issue, so I'll check a backup and see if that helps any.

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 10:04

In case backups don't help: run the validator and post the result here.

anadius
anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Some kind of Einstein
G4TW Forum Developer Some kind of Einstein

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CandieNemesys on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 18:37

Hey, i encountered the same issue... i ran the validator on mine, here are the results

CandieNemesys
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Tomb Raider franchise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:06

@anadius wrote:In case backups don't help: run the validator and post the result here.
Now, I'm not gonna do that cause the validator is so slow and I've pinpointed the issue:

Its my "The Sims 4" Folder in /documents/. I renamed the folder and started a new game, and it started (albeit slow,) perfectly. I'm gonna try to troubleshoot each other folder and see where the issue lays. Why.

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 19:12

@Truxxton wrote:
Now, I'm not gonna do that cause the validator is so slow and I've pinpointed the issue:

Its my "The Sims 4" Folder in /documents/. I renamed the folder and started a new game, and it started (albeit slow,) perfectly. I'm gonna try to troubleshoot each other folder and see where the issue lays. Why.

Sometimes the endless loading screen is also caused by problems with savefiles, see #3 here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-47-51-1020

Maybe you want to start with pinpointing, there.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 20:26

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Truxxton wrote:

Sometimes the endless loading screen is also caused by problems with savefiles, see #3 here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-47-51-1020

Maybe you want to start with pinpointing, there.

So I need to just start all over? Damn Why God.  Is there a way to fix these corrupted saves at all?

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 22:55

@CandieNemesys wrote:Hey, i encountered the same issue... i ran the validator on mine, here are the results
You didn't post the result.
@Truxxton wrote:So I need to just start all over? Damn Why God.  Is there a way to fix these corrupted saves at all?
Are you sure it's saves? Have you tried copying only saves folder from previous The Sims 4 folder you renamed to newly generated one? BTW in this folder there are save backups. If the problem persists you can try restoring them as in this guide: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

anadius
anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Some kind of Einstein
G4TW Forum Developer Some kind of Einstein

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Truxxton on Fri 23 Nov 2018, 23:40

@anadius wrote:Are you sure it's saves? Have you tried copying only saves folder from previous The Sims 4 folder you renamed to newly generated one? BTW in this folder there are save backups. If the problem persists you can try restoring them as in this guide: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
I did the copying thing, yeah. It didn't work.

However, this is the guide I needed, thank you for sending the link. I'm gonna try to restore them; again, thank you. I'll post if the problem is resolved.

Truxxton
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 24 Nov 2018, 16:34

@Truxxton wrote:
I did the copying thing, yeah. It didn't work.

However, this is the guide I needed, thank you for sending the link. I'm gonna try to restore them; again, thank you. I'll post if the problem is resolved.

In the future, it may be of help if you got used to making regular backups of these savefile, and put them in separate folders (named after date, etc.). These saves seem more susceptible these days, to damage.

One question though: did you ever 'suffer' from incompatible (script) mods, and actually loaded a savefile with these incompatible mods? If yes, did you also then SAVE the game, at some point?

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum