After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] Empty After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED]

Post by JasonRhodus on Thu 20 Dec 2018, 12:42

For some reason, after I updated to the new patch, my 0 key and speed buttons 1,2,3 aren't working anymore. Not even sure if this is even patch related, but wanted to post this in case someone else is having a similar issue or might know of a work around. I'm still able to pause my game using, P, but since I'm a keyboard turner, it feels really weird having to that, LOL. Keep up the great work, and thanks for all that yall do.
JasonRhodus
JasonRhodus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Dec 2018, 22:29

No problems with the NumPad keys on my end. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Can you try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and search for the localthumbcache.package file? If you find it, delete it, and try the game again.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us

Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] JIghVzn
  After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] 524tQLc  After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: After update, Num pad hotkeys not working. [SOLVED]

Post by JasonRhodus on Thu 20 Dec 2018, 22:40

I usually delete that each time I log out, tends to help my game run smoother. Still troubleshooting the problem. Only thing I haven't tried yet is creating a new Sims 4 folder in my documents. I had a few mods update the same day I downloaded the new patch. WickedWhims, Nisa's wicked perversions and MCCC. Just trying to weed out the culprit LOL
JasonRhodus
JasonRhodus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonRhodus on Thu 20 Dec 2018, 23:30

@JasonRhodus wrote:I usually delete that each time I log out, tends to help my game run smoother. Still troubleshooting the problem. Only thing I haven't tried yet is creating a new Sims 4 folder in my documents. I had a few mods update the same day I downloaded the new patch. WickedWhims, Nisa's wicked perversions and MCCC. Just trying to weed out the culprit LOL
Hammertime Fixed it  Hammertime  I had updated everything BUT the UI Cheats Extension. I feel like a complete idiot forgetting about that one :$ Sorry to have bothered you guys with this. What I get, I guess, trying to update everything when I'm half asleep lol!  Thanks again for everything you guys and gals do for us on a daily basis.
JasonRhodus
JasonRhodus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cool4u_1 on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 20:22

@JasonRhodus wrote:
@JasonRhodus wrote:I usually delete that each time I log out, tends to help my game run smoother. Still troubleshooting the problem. Only thing I haven't tried yet is creating a new Sims 4 folder in my documents. I had a few mods update the same day I downloaded the new patch. WickedWhims, Nisa's wicked perversions and MCCC. Just trying to weed out the culprit LOL
Hammertime Fixed it  Hammertime  I had updated everything BUT the UI Cheats Extension. I feel like a complete idiot forgetting about that one :$ Sorry to have bothered you guys with this. What I get, I guess, trying to update everything when I'm half asleep lol!  Thanks again for everything you guys and gals do for us on a daily basis.

Thanks. Helped me a lot. I missed updating it because it has the same version name as the old one (which I had just updated the day prior. Makes a HUGE difference, especially in First-person mode.

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

2cool4u_1
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: