Sims 4 crashing and closing before even loading the home screen, no error message

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 crashing and closing before even loading the home screen, no error message - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 crashing and closing before even loading the home screen, no error message

Post by Beccalisan on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 21:18

I'm fine with downloading anything - was in a Sims playing mood when this started so I just really wanna make it work. Can I reinstall the entire game with your repack?

Beccalisan
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 crashing and closing before even loading the home screen, no error message - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 crashing and closing before even loading the home screen, no error message

Post by anadius on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 21:22

Sure, but there's no need to. Your base game and DLCs files are okay, it's just the updates that were wrong. If you want to play ASAP, download just the setup, patch and no-origin-fix from my repack. Wink

anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Some kind of Einstein
G4TW Forum Developer Some kind of Einstein

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beccalisan on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 21:24

Ah, that would be awesome, though I already uninstalled the game Sad Sad

Beccalisan
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4, PUBG, Overwatch WoW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RB_NA on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 20:47

@anadius wrote:Did you move The Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts to desktop? If that doesn't help, run validator again, this time in normal mode.

At first it worked! But sadly enough after the first time and adding the saves and mods again (which have worked before) it wouldn't work anymore. Although this time it's stuck on the loading screen after starting up the game.

I used the validator, this time in normal mode and this is what it says:

report:

Version: 1.48.94.1020
Folder: The Sims 4

Hash mismatch:

Missing files:

Unknown files:

Any tips on what to do next?

Thank you for your help so far! Smile

RB_NA
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anadius on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 20:55

Your installation folder is fine so it's most probably mods. Start the game without them.

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you encounter any problem with my installers/programs.
anadius
anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Some kind of Einstein
G4TW Forum Developer Some kind of Einstein

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 20:57

@RB_NA wrote:
@anadius wrote:Did you move The Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts to desktop? If that doesn't help, run validator again, this time in normal mode.

At first it worked! But sadly enough after the first time and adding the saves and mods again (which have worked before) it wouldn't work anymore. Although this time it's stuck on the loading screen after starting up the game.

I used the validator, this time in normal mode and this is what it says:

report:

Version: 1.48.94.1020
Folder: The Sims 4

Hash mismatch:

Missing files:

Unknown files:

Any tips on what to do next?

Thank you for your help so far! Smile
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your game.
Your mods are causing the problem

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RB_NA on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 22:57

@anadius wrote:Your installation folder is fine so it's most probably mods. Start the game without them.

It worked! thanks!
I even put back a few and it is still working now Smile

RB_NA
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Mon 07 Jan 2019, 07:25

you can keep on moving mods back, do it in batches, if the game plays up again, you know where to pinpoint the culprit. First check all the script mods.

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elliotpidge on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 08:40

@anadius wrote:That guide is quite old. I'd recommend just updating your game. You said you have all DLCs so just apply the latest update: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34601-the-sims-4-update-version-1-48-94-1020-out-now

And then run the validator.
Sorry for the late reply, but applying the latest update actually fixed everything! I must have made an error somewhere last time I tried to apply it, whoops. I feel kinda dumb now. Thanks so much for helping me out, though!

elliotpidge
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims games, Undertale, Deltarune, and DDLC.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum