Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click Empty Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click

Post by Lacey on Tue 08 Jan 2019, 23:05

There's center right middle portion of my screen in game where the cursor goes from the Sims one to the Windows default and I can't click or scroll. The solutions I found to this were disable Origin and Discord in game. I of course don't play via Origin and never had it connected to Discord. I disabled the in-game gallery (never connected to it but I turned it off anyway) and the problem persists even upon computer and game restarts. I'm up-to-date patch wise. This has been going on for several days and it makes picking clothes and etc in CAS very tiresome. 

Help is much appreciated!

Lacey
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : TS4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click Empty Re: Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Jan 2019, 19:39

@Lacey wrote:There's center right middle portion of my screen in game where the cursor goes from the Sims one to the Windows default and I can't click or scroll. The solutions I found to this were disable Origin and Discord in game. I of course don't play via Origin and never had it connected to Discord. I disabled the in-game gallery (never connected to it but I turned it off anyway) and the problem persists even upon computer and game restarts. I'm up-to-date patch wise. This has been going on for several days and it makes picking clothes and etc in CAS very tiresome. 

Help is much appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum,

You could have botched game installation files. But have a look here first, and try the possible solutions, especially the one about the "DEP exclusions":
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes

Maybe it'll help. Have you been playing the game in the past (and on the same computer)? If so, was it working there and then?

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us

Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click JIghVzn
  Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click 524tQLc  Mouse cursor turns to Windows default in game, unable to click HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum