Updating launch Sims 4 w/o basepatch + DLC install?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updating launch Sims 4  w/o basepatch + DLC install? Empty Updating launch Sims 4 w/o basepatch + DLC install?

Post by Aruhi on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 15:41

I downloaded the base version of Sims 4 ages ago and it seems to be extremely old, more or less the launch version. I'd like to update it but I also have plans to download DLCs in the future, so I refrained from downloading the basepatch as it said not to if you ever want a DLC.

I don't know if I should install the latest updates over the launch version of Sims 4. Please help!

Aruhi
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Updating launch Sims 4  w/o basepatch + DLC install? Empty Re: Updating launch Sims 4 w/o basepatch + DLC install?

Post by Tarac on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:54

By adding new DLC's you automatically also update the base game.

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Updating launch Sims 4  w/o basepatch + DLC install? Empty Re: Updating launch Sims 4 w/o basepatch + DLC install?

Post by Aruhi on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 16:56

And that's applicable even on a base game that's basically the launch version? Thank you so much!

Aruhi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 17:56

@Aruhi wrote:And that's applicable even on a base game that's basically the launch version? Thank you so much!
Yes.

You can of course also @Anadius' alternative installer: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before
That enables you also to update the base game only, so no need to install further DLC's, but you can add DLC's at choice with this system.

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aruhi on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 19:50

Thank you for your help! I tried downloading the Get to Work DLC and it doesn't work on my game ie the options don't show up entirely. I tried restarting pretty much everything.

I also tried to download a recent patch and it told me I needed multiple DLCs to install. Should I just install said patch anyway? Thank you again!

Aruhi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aruhi on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 19:51

Thank you for your help! I tried downloading the Get to Work DLC and it doesn't work on my game ie the options don't show up entirely. I tried restarting pretty much everything.

I also tried to download a recent patch and it told me I needed multiple DLCs to install. Should I just install said patch anyway? Thank you again!

Aruhi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 19 Jan 2019, 21:32

Tarac
Tarac
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male