Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  Empty Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?

Post by lonelyheroes on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 07:44

My current sims version is 1.47.49.1020 . The latest version is 1.49.65.1020, do I need to download the previous version of the latest one ?

lonelyheroes
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  Empty Re: Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?

Post by anadius on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 09:05

Just download 1.49.65.1020. Releases from G4TW contain all updates since last DLC. Get Famous came out with update 1.47.49.1020, so update 1.49.65.1020 contains all changes since then.

anadius
anadius
G4TW Forum Developer
Some kind of Einstein
G4TW Forum Developer Some kind of Einstein

Favourite games : puzzle games

View user profile https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  Empty Re: Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?

Post by behensks on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:52

Good to know. I was keeping backups of all the game version updates. I guess I can delete them and clear up some space.

behensks
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3 TS4

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 14 Feb 2019, 16:28

@behensks wrote:Good to know. I was keeping backups of all the game version updates. I guess I can delete them and clear up some space.

Indeed you can do that. 

If you wanted a backup, it's a lot more efficient to back up your entire "The Sims 4" install folder straight away. As of patch version 1.49.65.1020, the entire folder seems to be 31.5GB in filesize.

To minimize chances of file corruption, pack that installation folder into a .rar/.7z archive file or even an .iso image, before putting it on an external storage device.

Yess, aye lieeke!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // Contact Us

Choose your "Destiny" (wisely) !!

Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  JIghVzn
  Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  524tQLc  Do I need to download previous version before I download the latest one?  HC9Xf8h
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum