Relationship glitch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relationship glitch - Page 2 Empty Re: Relationship glitch

Post by Guest on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 23:53

First validator result proves you wrong, your game was not updated.

Uh, so now you have just the base game. Wat. That's why you're getting that error message. Install all DLCs.

I moved my "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder to desktop, started the game, closed it, added your saves and all works fine (except for missing CC so most sims are bald and without clothes).

Back to top Go down

Post by Mixie on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 19:50

I just stated i have all the dcls, and my game is on version 1.49 otherwise my game wouldnt open. ive erased my whole folder and re installed the full update with the same results so i dont see how im suppose to install something that is stated is already there and updated. Im just going to leave it alone because repeating the same steps is not working. Thanks for your help though.

Mixie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 20:13

Your game was still on version 1.48.94.1020 with Game folder from 1.49.65.1020. I told you to download full update. You were supposed to just extract it and overwrite files. Full update updates from Get Famous (that is version 1.47.49.1020) to version 1.49.65.1020. It's not a full game.

Last validator result shows you have just the base game + Get Famous.

Read green text at the beginning of this guide, maybe this will be easier: https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Tarac's all-in-one is just full game in iso file. Download it, mount and just play. 30+GB.

My repack let's you select what you want to download. In your case it's everything except base game files and Get Famous, so 14.2GB. Run setup, select install location (the same you select in validator, it will install over what you already have) and then play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mixie on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 00:50

I did, i'm not sure what is happening with my files but i promise i am not doing anything extra or different. I wish i could record and show you exactly what my files say and what my game shows when i install the full update. because Validator is showing something that my games and files are not showing me itself. You guys are super helpful so i always make sure that i dont over read your instructions. I might be over exerting myself and might be doing too many things as once. I'm going to leave it alone for a day or two and tackle this again.
Mixie
Mixie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 12:47

@Mixie wrote:I did, i'm not sure what is happening with my files but i promise i am not doing anything extra or different. I wish i could record and show you exactly what my files say and what my game shows when i install the full update. because Validator is showing something that my games and files are not showing me itself. You guys are super helpful so i always make sure that i dont over read your instructions. I might be over exerting myself and might be doing too many things as once. I'm going to leave it alone for a day or two and tackle this again.

I also wanted to add, that the event that seems to have led you to embark on this hitherto unsuccessful "expedition", was a glitch that affects Sim's relationships. One thing to keep in mind for the future is, that if you are otherwise able to play the game just fine, it is a strong indicator that nothing is wrong with your installation.

Therefore, uninstalling and re-installing won't likely do anything. I know it's considered common "fix", but in 9 out of 10 cases, you shouldn't do it. Don't uninstall/re-install (any game), just to try fixing an in-game glitch. These games are known for having a number of nuisances, to put it nicely. It's just something you will have to roll with, until a future update - maybe - patches it out.

Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum