The sims 1 - start.exe.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty The sims 1 - start.exe.

Post by Sharkie on Sun 31 Mar 2019, 18:11

Hey all,

I recently downloaded the sims 1 from here. I followed the instructions and step 1 is to open start.exe. Sadly, no matter how many times I try, nothing happens when I do it. What do I have to do to install the game?

Sharkie
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty Re: The sims 1 - start.exe.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Apr 2019, 19:26

@Sharkie wrote:Hey all,

I recently downloaded the sims 1 from here. I followed the instructions and step 1 is to open start.exe. Sadly, no matter how many times I try, nothing happens when I do it. What do I have to do to install the game?

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

You could right-click on the "Sims.exe" and choose "run as Administrator".

Another idea:

The sims 1 - start.exe. Clipbo10

Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off. In the next window, unfold the "Legacy components"-folder, and MARK the box "Direct Play". Click on OK after that.

That's all I can say for now - good luck ! Smile

P.S. sorry for the belated reply; I myself don't post 'regularly' anymore these days, or at least less regularly than I used to...  Talk to my left hand

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa000 on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 14:58

I have this same problem and have tried that, but it was already marked. Any other tips? I tried the run as administrator and compatibility mode too.
lisa000
lisa000
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 16:53

@lisa000 wrote:I have this same problem and have tried that, but it was already marked. Any other tips? I tried the run as administrator and compatibility mode too.

I actually re-downloaded this thing and re-installed. Worked on the very first attempt.

Can you tell me the filesize of your "Sims.exe" that is located in the install directory (after copying the file from the #Crack folder)? On my end it is 2.90MB. Even so, you could try adding the install path of the game to the exclusions in your antivirus, and Windows 10 Defender. 

How to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 10:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have Windows 7 or 8(.1), I believe you can turn it off manually, directly from the program. 

After that, re-copy and re-paste the #Crack-file, into your install directory of the game, and overwrite the existing file of course. Maybe that could work.  Yess, aye lieeke!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!

You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The sims 1 - start.exe. Empty Start.exe not opening

Post by Eeyore311 on Fri 10 May 2019, 06:28

So far, I've tried all of the above to get this to work and still nothing.  I've also re-downloaded the file and tried that.  Is there anything else to do?  I lost all my original discs, so I can't do it that way. Thanks for any help you can give.

Eeyore311
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Diablo 1-3

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Williew85 on Fri 10 May 2019, 19:18

@Eeyore311 wrote:So far, I've tried all of the above to get this to work and still nothing.  I've also re-downloaded the file and tried that.  Is there anything else to do?  I lost all my original discs, so I can't do it that way. Thanks for any help you can give.
In the download for the Sims 1 you'll find a folder Eraser
Open it and run SimsEraser.exe
The restart installation

Williew85
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Vivo o Muerto $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Favourite games : sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: