The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:01 am

You didn't install part 2 of my patch. And why did you move those files there?
ep03/quicksfv.ini
gp01/dlc-toggler.exe
gp01/dlc-toggler.ini
gp01/language-changer.exe
gp02/patch-1.51.75.1020-p1.xbin
gp06/patch-1.51.75.1020-p2.xbin

dlc toggler and language changer should be in main installation folder. xbin file should be next to the setup.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by vivi1083 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:16 am

Sorry I am new to all of this and got sort of confused. I now placed the language changer in the main folder. while you were replying I decided to start from scratch...

I had ran the validator, but I felt I should just try again and see what happens. I extracted the files that you guys indicated in the patch notes, replaced the sims 4 game folder with the new one and placed the patched files in the folder. I ran the game with the setup 1.51.75 installer and it gave me the message "origin is not installed and is required to play your game"

vivi1083
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:03 am

Setup is not the game exe. Know the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi1083 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 am

"Always download _setup-*.exe and helper_tools.rar."

I followed what you posted in your instructions and downloaded the setup.exe from the installer but apparently I didn't need to even do that I just replaced the game folder with the new one and placed the patch files in it worked. I "know the difference" and should have just gone with my gut instinct and not even have installed that setup.exe file. I had updated the game prior to this update with no issue before. 

vivi1083
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 am

I think you're mixing my repack with G4TW release. Decide on one.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum