Custom content suddendly not showing up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content suddendly not showing up. Empty Custom content suddendly not showing up.

Post by mochicakes99 on Wed May 22, 2019 9:50 am

Hi! I started the sims today when i saw that all my custom content was suddendly gone. The CC is installed in Windows (C:)/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods, and i see all my stuff present in my folder, but when i enter the game it says i have no custom content. The game is installed in Windows (C:)/Programs/The Sims 4/Mods. I have installed the latest game update for may. Mods and script files are activated in game. I have tried restarting the game several times. I tried moving the content in the mods folder to another place, deleting the mods folder, and creating a new one and moving it there again  but that did not work. I don't know what to do  Sad

mochicakes99
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Custom content suddendly not showing up. Empty Re: Custom content suddendly not showing up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

I am somewhat worried about the location that you mentioned, C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Mods.

On my installation, it looks like this:

Custom content suddendly not showing up. E9A8JjI

Do you think you can try re-arranging your folders, so that your installation looks like in my screenshot? :)So move out everything from "Mods", and directly under C:\Program Files\The Sims 4. Then try the game again.

Good luck and keep us posted if you like!!

Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

Custom content suddendly not showing up. Empty ME TOO

Post by zipalyssa on Fri May 31, 2019 1:36 am

HELP!! I just opened up my game today and my custom content isnt working either! It all showed up in my game just fine until today. The installation path is correct, i even tried removing my subfolders. The script mods work just fine and show up in the pop up at the beginning of the game but the cc does not..........All options in the settings menu are checked, i even tried the whole turn off turn on thing. At first i thought it was because of a broken mod i had recently downloaded but i removed the new ones and still nothing. The game wont recognize there are package files.

zipalyssa
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims

Back to top Go down

Custom content suddendly not showing up. Empty Re: Custom content suddendly not showing up.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri May 31, 2019 3:52 pm

@zipalyssa wrote:HELP!! I just opened up my game today and my custom content isnt working either! It all showed up in my game just fine until today. The installation path is correct, i even tried removing my subfolders. The script mods work just fine and show up in the pop up at the beginning of the game but the cc does not..........All options in the settings menu are checked, i even tried the whole turn off turn on thing. At first i thought it was because of a broken mod i had recently downloaded but i removed the new ones and still nothing. The game wont recognize there are package files.

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

If you look at where you installed your The Sims 4, and then go under Game\Bin, do you see any of the files listed here?

game/bin/core/winhttp.dll
game/bin/origins.ini
game/bin/python33.dll
game/bin/python33_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.dll
game/bin/rldorigin.ini
game/bin/rldorigin_ext.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64.dll
game/bin/rldorigin_x64_ext.dll
game/bin/zupdaterx32.dll
game/bin/zupdaterx64.dll
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcp100.dll
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcr100.dll
game/bin/core/imageformats/msvcr100d.dll
game/bin/core/msvcp100.dll
game/bin/core/msvcr100.dll
game/bin/python/deployed.zip
game/bin/rld.dll
game/bin/ts4.par

If you see any (or all) of them, please delete these files, and try the game again. Good luck for now!  Yess, aye lieeke!

Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum