Game freezes after 5 min playing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes after 5 min playing Empty Game freezes after 5 min playing

Post by omena on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 15:31

Hi everyone! I have just installed Sims 3 and the world adventures and the game freezes about 5 min after starting to play. Game doesn't really crash as in it doesn't shut down or give me an error message. The game just freezes while cursor and windows are still running normally. I have tried to fix everything related to the graphics cards and it doesn't seem to have a problem with it? I put DeviceConfig here just in case. I have limited the fps but that didn't seem to help. While the game actually functions it doesn't seem to have any performance issues even though i put the settings high (I have also tried with really low settings). It just freezes out of the blue. I would be really grateful for any advice!

omena
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims, mass effect, dragon age

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Game freezes after 5 min playing Empty Re: Game freezes after 5 min playing

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 18:58

@omena wrote:Hi everyone! I have just installed Sims 3 and the world adventures and the game freezes about 5 min after starting to play. Game doesn't really crash as in it doesn't shut down or give me an error message. The game just freezes while cursor and windows are still running normally. I have tried to fix everything related to the graphics cards and it doesn't seem to have a problem with it? I put DeviceConfig here just in case. I have limited the fps but that didn't seem to help. While the game actually functions it doesn't seem to have any performance issues even though i put the settings high (I have also tried with really low settings). It just freezes out of the blue. I would be really grateful for any advice!

Welcome to the Forum @omena

There are some general technical tweaks here for you to try out, in case you haven't done so yet:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Also, are you able to pinpoint the freezing of the game to some specific in-game interaction, or does it happen randomnly/after 5 minutes? Because if you were able to match it to some in-game interaction, you could try avoiding it I suppose, even though it may limit the playability of the game.

Good luck for now! Yess, aye lieeke!

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection

Red star from Carlos You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues! Red star from Carlos

BUT NO GAME SUPPORT.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Game freezes after 5 min playing Empty Re: Game freezes after 5 min playing

Post by omena on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 20:20

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@omena wrote:Hi everyone! I have just installed Sims 3 and the world adventures and the game freezes about 5 min after starting to play. Game doesn't really crash as in it doesn't shut down or give me an error message. The game just freezes while cursor and windows are still running normally. I have tried to fix everything related to the graphics cards and it doesn't seem to have a problem with it? I put DeviceConfig here just in case. I have limited the fps but that didn't seem to help. While the game actually functions it doesn't seem to have any performance issues even though i put the settings high (I have also tried with really low settings). It just freezes out of the blue. I would be really grateful for any advice!

Welcome to the Forum @omena

There are some general technical tweaks here for you to try out, in case you haven't done so yet:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-30-01-2015

Also, are you able to pinpoint the freezing of the game to some specific in-game interaction, or does it happen randomnly/after 5 minutes? Because if you were able to match it to some in-game interaction, you could try avoiding it I suppose, even though it may limit the playability of the game.

Good luck for now! Yess, aye lieeke!
Thank you for the suggestion! yes the game freezes totally randomly and always no matter what I do. Because of this I haven't actually been able to play (I don't count the 3 min or so before the game freezes and I can't save). I have done the DEP and 4GB patch but that hasn't helped me so far.

omena
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The sims, mass effect, dragon age

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum