The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by fernie6 on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 17:55

Hello, I've tried several times to click on the download link to download The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection, but it kept linking me to various different links which is not what I want. May I know is the download link not working? I am able to download the 4GB patch download link.

https://www.games4theworld.club/t24221-must-read-overview-topic-for-the-sims-2

fernie6
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2,3,4

Posts : 4
Points : 86
Join date : 2019-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by fernie6 on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 18:05

https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Even the links here can't be downloaded Sad(((( I already have my adblockers stopped but still can't download. This page appears when I try to click download.The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Captur10

fernie6
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2,3,4

Posts : 4
Points : 86
Join date : 2019-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 21:17

Hello and welcome to the Forum @fernie6,

The screenshot that you showed is not the right path, but rather an additional form of advertising that we use. The main thing you should is this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33873-the-advertisements-on-the-forum-updated-on-15-07-20

Ultimately it will boild down to how much benevolence you are willing to bring towards that 'idea'. As you can maybe reckon from my undertone, yes, a lot of people hate these ads. But running this platform also costs money.

If this is something you don't want to support, then look under Part IV. of the announcement that I just linked. You will find links to the old G4TW website and the G4TW ThePiratebay account. On these old platforms that we don't use anymore, we have an alternative TS2 Complete Collection that can be downloaded ad-free.

Good luck, and keep us posted if you want!

Red star from Carlos

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17932
Points : 24276
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by fernie6 on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 16:57

Hi, thanks for the reply and welcome. I actually don't mind the ads. I'm grateful of the works and efforts you have put in that allow us the chance to enjoy playing The Sims. Thank you so much for the clarification. I definitely did not read on the info about the forum's advertisements...

fernie6
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2,3,4

Posts : 4
Points : 86
Join date : 2019-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by fernie6 on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 17:07

By the way, may I know where are the download links for The Sims 3The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Captur11 supposed to appear? I've no adblocker installed on my browser and I've clicked Allowed for my browser's ads and pop-up.

 https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

fernie6
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 2,3,4

Posts : 4
Points : 86
Join date : 2019-08-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 03 Aug 2019, 17:55

@fernie6 wrote:By the way, may I know where are the download links for The Sims 3 supposed to appear? I've no adblocker installed on my browser and I've clicked Allowed for my browser's ads and pop-up.

https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly


This here is the main Forum thread about all downloads, and there is also a button at the top here.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads

The button looks like this:
The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? All_g410

Or, if you prefer something without ads, then use this resource here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17932
Points : 24276
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by Leasha9227 on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 00:33

I'm hoping someone can help? I didn't want to open a new topic..  I'm trying to download The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection and when i click on the magnet link it brings me to the linkvertise site but its a never-ending loading screen.. I have turned off all of my adblockers etc but it still will not load. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it just take a long time? I am not new to your downloads etc and I don't mind ads, but I'm stumped lol 
Thank you in advance!!
The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Screen10
Leasha9227
Leasha9227
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims games, RDR, LOU, Assassins Creed, Cities Skylines,

Female

Posts : 24
Points : 2764
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 27
Location : Harrow Ontario

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 00:40

@Leasha9227 wrote:I'm hoping someone can help? I didn't want to open a new topic..  I'm trying to download The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection and when i click on the magnet link it brings me to the linkvertise site but its a never-ending loading screen.. I have turned off all of my adblockers etc but it still will not load. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it just take a long time? I am not new to your downloads etc and I don't mind ads, but I'm stumped lol
Thank you in advance!!


Hello @Leasha9227,

Did you have a look at this here already? In particular section #4:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33873-the-advertisements-on-the-forum-updated-on-09-09-20

Troubleshooting feedback on the issue so far has been largely inconsistent. But you can try a few things:

- if you use a VPN, temporarily turn it off, bypass the Linkvertise, and before you download turn the VPN back on
- check your browser add-ons/plug-ins
- delete browser cookies/cache
- maybe try a different browser
- antivirus programs could also interfere with the ads; so either try adding exclusions or apply the "VPN trick" here too: temporarily turn off your antivirus and see if it lets you bypass the Linkvertise then.

Let us know if any of these work for you. I tip my fedora.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17932
Points : 24276
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by Leasha9227 on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 00:58

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Leasha9227 wrote:I'm hoping someone can help? I didn't want to open a new topic..  I'm trying to download The Sims 2 Origin Ultimate Collection and when i click on the magnet link it brings me to the linkvertise site but its a never-ending loading screen.. I have turned off all of my adblockers etc but it still will not load. Am I doing something wrong? Or does it just take a long time? I am not new to your downloads etc and I don't mind ads, but I'm stumped lol
Thank you in advance!!


Hello @Leasha9227,

Did you have a look at this here already? In particular section #4:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33873-the-advertisements-on-the-forum-updated-on-09-09-20

Troubleshooting feedback on the issue so far has been largely inconsistent. But you can try a few things:

- if you use a VPN, temporarily turn it off, bypass the Linkvertise, and before you download turn the VPN back on
- check your browser add-ons/plug-ins
- delete browser cookies/cache
- maybe try a different browser
- antivirus programs could also interfere with the ads; so either try adding exclusions or apply the "VPN trick" here too: temporarily turn off your antivirus and see if it lets you bypass the Linkvertise then.

Let us know if any of these work for you. I tip my fedora.

Hello,
I had a look at the advertisements forum, I do not have a vpn, no add-ons/plug-ins and I tried all of your suggested.. I really wouldn't mind going through the Linkvertise, no need to bypass, but it won't even let me into the Linkvertise site. The orange and black logo just keeps spinning.
Leasha9227
Leasha9227
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims games, RDR, LOU, Assassins Creed, Cities Skylines,

Female

Posts : 24
Points : 2764
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 27
Location : Harrow Ontario

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 01:02

So I tried it now, and it's spinning for me as well... Why. 

Guess the servers may be down or something...though the advertising company uses Cloudflare, so my guess is they will be back online soon again. Sorry I couldn't help more here, but in this case I guess we'll have to wait it out.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17932
Points : 24276
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by Leasha9227 on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 01:12

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:So I tried it now, and it's spinning for me as well... Why. 

Guess the servers may be down or something...though the advertising company uses Cloudflare, so my guess is they will be back online soon again. Sorry I couldn't help more here, but in this case I guess we'll have to wait it out.

Well, at least we now know what is going on and its not just me lol 
Thank you so much for looking into it! Smile
Leasha9227
Leasha9227
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims games, RDR, LOU, Assassins Creed, Cities Skylines,

Female

Posts : 24
Points : 2764
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 27
Location : Harrow Ontario

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working? Empty Re: The Sims 2 - Origin Ultimate Collection link not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 02:09

@Leasha9227 wrote:

Well, at least we now know what is going on and its not just me lol 
Thank you so much for looking into it! Smile


Yes, the disadvantage with that company is that they frequently introduce (un-announced) changes, and I suspect we got a huge problem here. Wat.   Stay tuned for an announcement, maybe we'll temporarily close the Forum for 're-construction'. Can't really do more at that point other than to message Admin ~Ann~.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17932
Points : 24276
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum