Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by laurie2000 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:03

I downloaded zoo tycoon 2 from your website and i've not been able to install it on my pc. I have tried different thing to make it work that i have found on this website and i am now able to play the game by running it with the startup.exe even if the game is not install on my pc. I wanted to install mod but because the game is not install i don't have the game in my microsoft games folder i cannot install them the normal way. I was wondering if there was any other way to put mod in my game or if there was something that i could do to install the game?

laurie2000
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 783
Join date : 2017-11-05

Back to top Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:10

@laurie2000 wrote:I downloaded zoo tycoon 2 from your website and i've not been able to install it on my pc. I have tried different thing to make it work that i have found on this website and i am now able to play the game by running it with the startup.exe even if the game is not install on my pc. I wanted to install mod but because the game is not install i don't have the game in my microsoft games folder i cannot install them the normal way. I was wondering if there was any other way to put mod in my game or if there was something that i could do to install the game?


Hello,

Can you confirm whether the game is installed, by going under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games? Is there a folder "Zoo Tycoon 2"?

I believe I made a mistake with the included instructions, because it says to use the "setup.exe". But I think the correct way is to use the autorun.exe. So...you have to take the .rar download, and open it with the program WinRAR. Then you extract ALL contents of the .rar file, into an empty folder.

Now. In the empty folder, you'll see a bunch of items, so try using the autorun.exe to install the game.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18235
Points : 24644
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Ministry of State Security

Back to top Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by laurie2000 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:42

I tried to install it with autorun.exe and it doesn't work nothing happen when i click on the autorun.exe i also tried to change the compatibility mode to windows vista to make it work but nothing happen when i click on it. And the game is not install because i don't have the zoo tycoon 2 folder or the microsoft games folder on my C drive.

laurie2000
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 783
Join date : 2017-11-05

Back to top Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:47

@laurie2000 wrote:I tried to install it with autorun.exe and it doesn't work nothing happen when i click on the autorun.exe i also tried to change the compatibility mode to windows vista to make it work but nothing happen when i click on it. And the game is not install because i don't have the zoo tycoon 2 folder or the microsoft games folder on my C drive.


Is the downloaded .rar file for you 1.39GB in filesize? Maybe you could also try re-downloading the item, with a different torrent client.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18235
Points : 24644
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Ministry of State Security

Back to top Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by laurie2000 on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:54

I made it work i have seen somewhere on the website to put the empty folder on your desktop to extract it and it work. The first time i made my empty folder in my download folder and it did not work but for some reason it work on my desktop. Thank you a lot for your help!

laurie2000
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 2, the sims 3, the sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 783
Join date : 2017-11-05

Back to top Go down

Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Zoo tycoon 2. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 22:55

@laurie2000 wrote:I made it work i have seen somewhere on the website to put the empty folder on your desktop to extract it and it work. The first time i made my empty folder in my download folder and it did not work but for some reason it work on my desktop. Thank you a lot for your help!


So...did your game install properly now?

//EDIT

[not]Since the problem appears to be resolved, I shall close the thread now. Feel free to open a new thread anytime again if you need more Support, or even if you just want to hang out. Have fun! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18235
Points : 24644
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Ministry of State Security

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum