How do Iinstall CC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty How do Iinstall CC?

Post by kamarca on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 22:48

Good afternoon:

I did the trick to download items from the gallery (thanks for that!) and now I want to install some CC from various creator web sites. Is there a way to install them to my G4tW-cracked game? 

Thanks in advance!

K

kamarca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 1958
Join date : 2014-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 22:57

@kamarca wrote:Good afternoon:

I did the trick to download items from the gallery (thanks for that!) and now I want to install some CC from various creator web sites. Is there a way to install them to my G4tW-cracked game? 

Thanks in advance!

K


Hello again,

If you look under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you'll see a folder named "Mods"-subfolder. And that's where you can put your stuff (Mods/CC) in. You can have one layer of subfolders within "Mods", so your setup can look like this:

Mods\Clothing
Mods\Hairstyles
Mods\Scripts

Etc. But I wouldn't recommend using more layers of subfolders. So this setup here might not work. It's just a generalization, and you should always consult the mod creators' advice in case of doubt.

Mods\Clothing\Female\Kids
Mods\Hairstyles\Male\Trendy

Or whatever. You get the idea I think. Smile

_________________
How do Iinstall CC? ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection


Feel free to E-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues ! (but no game support)



Choose your "destiny" (wisely) !!

How do Iinstall CC? JIghVzn
     How do Iinstall CC? 524tQLc
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17740
Points : 24010
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by kamarca on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:15

Hi again:

Thanks for your quick reply! I should have mentioned that I tried that, but when I went to start the game I got a corruption warning and the game wouldn't start. I deleted and added different CC but the warning came up each time. Perhaps you can link me to an object that worked for you for me to test? 

TIA

kamarca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 1958
Join date : 2014-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:24

@kamarca wrote:Hi again:

Thanks for your quick reply! I should have mentioned that I tried that, but when I went to start the game I got a corruption warning and the game wouldn't start. I deleted and added different CC but the warning came up each time. Perhaps you can link me to an object that worked for you for me to test? 

TIA


I think there is an option to enable (script) mods in the options, if you haven't tried that. Otherwise try this here:
https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Assuming you applied already the newest 1.54.120.1020 update/Moschino Stuff, download the mod version 6.4.1. there. Extract the contents of the .zip file(s) into your "Mods"-subfolder.

Are you otherwise able to play & start the game fine, without any mods?

_________________
How do Iinstall CC? ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection


Feel free to E-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues ! (but no game support)



Choose your "destiny" (wisely) !!

How do Iinstall CC? JIghVzn
     How do Iinstall CC? 524tQLc
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17740
Points : 24010
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by kamarca on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:32

Yes, the game plays fine without mods. (There is one file in under my mods folder called 'resource' something or other.) I have been using Tray for gallery downloads. 

I'm still downloading the new update. I didn't even know it was out until I came here to post, so ty for that, as well!

kamarca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 1958
Join date : 2014-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by kamarca on Wed 14 Aug 2019, 23:45

I enabled the script mods and quickly went through my CC. One of the files worked (although I haven't looked for it in-game yet), so I am on the right track.

kamarca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 1958
Join date : 2014-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 00:06

@kamarca wrote:(...), so I am on the right track.


Keep us posted, if you like!

Happy B-day!

_________________
How do Iinstall CC? ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // Sims 4 Gallery Collection


Feel free to E-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Forum navigation, and account issues ! (but no game support)



Choose your "destiny" (wisely) !!

How do Iinstall CC? JIghVzn
     How do Iinstall CC? 524tQLc
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper Inspector General & Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17740
Points : 24010
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by grieralexander on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 15:25

@kamarca wrote:I enabled the script mods and quickly went through my CC. One of the files worked (although I haven't looked for it in-game yet), so I am on the right track.

I am very glad that you got your issue with CC solved. I will take the lyberty to give you some tips about your mod folder (me being a CC addict). Script mods go directly in your mod folder and never in a sub-folder. You may create sub-folders to organize your CC and to be able to find broken CC or outdated CC, much easier. For example: Let's say you are in the Mod folder, where your cfg file is at. You may create folders to your liking: Mine looks like this: Mod/build buy; mod/decor; mod/ furniture; mod/clothing, etc. However, you may organize it any way that is easiest to you. Like I said, organizing will help you remove mods quicker, by knowing exactly where they are located at. Remember, that everytime a patch or an update comes out, you will need to take your mods folder out first! Then, you will be able to update your game. Also with new patches and DLC's mods get outdated or broken, so be prepared to update your mods, specially script mods or tuning mods!. I have posted on this subject in the Sims Emporium section of the forum, so you may want to read on some of those posts, they may clarify or help. Enjoy your game!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW Freelance News Reporter
G4TW Freelance News Reporter

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Posts : 408
Points : 3274
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do Iinstall CC? Empty Re: How do Iinstall CC?

Post by kamarca on Fri 16 Aug 2019, 22:19

@grieralexander wrote:
@kamarca wrote:I enabled the script mods and quickly went through my CC. One of the files worked (although I haven't looked for it in-game yet), so I am on the right track.

I am very glad that you got your issue with CC solved. I will take the lyberty to give you some tips about your mod folder (me being a CC addict). Script mods go directly in your mod folder and never in a sub-folder. You may create sub-folders to organize your CC and to be able to find broken CC or outdated CC, much easier. For example: Let's say you are in the Mod folder, where your cfg file is at. You may create folders to your liking: Mine looks like this: Mod/build buy; mod/decor; mod/ furniture; mod/clothing, etc. However, you may organize it any way that is easiest to you. Like I said, organizing will help you remove mods quicker, by knowing exactly where they are located at. Remember, that everytime a patch or an update comes out, you will need to take your mods folder out first! Then, you will be able to update your game. Also with new patches and DLC's mods get outdated or broken, so be prepared to update your mods, specially script mods or tuning mods!. I have posted on this subject in the Sims Emporium section of the forum, so you may want to read on some of those posts, they may clarify or help. Enjoy your game!


Thanks so much for the tips! Very kind of you to offer them. Unfortunately I gave up on the CC for now since it did crappy things to my game. I'll return to it when I have more patience, lol. I have other issues now, which I am about to post about...

Thanks again!
K

kamarca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 1958
Join date : 2014-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum