Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:02

Hello!

I just installed sims 4 on my laptop, i followed the guide how to install everything, but my sims is spanish. I tried to change the language in the regedit.exe , it says it's en_Us, but still my sims 4 shows up in spanish -.- I don't know how to change this, should i reinstall the whole thing from the beggining?Sad I used the x64 game exe. Hope somebody will able to help me!
Thanks~

EyebrowPrincess

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:14

Hello,

Let's try this at first. Go to where you have your Sims 4 game installed. Inside the folder "The Sims 4", there is a sub-folder "Game". Delete this "Game"-subfolder. After which you use the link here:

Code:
http://safelinking.net/gadLgIi


...to download a fresh folder. When on the safelinking.net site, just click on the link that shows up in the middle of the screen. When you get to the Russian site, click on where it says "Скачать", in order to download the item.

Extract with 7-zip and place that fresh "Game"-subfolder in the same location as the old one. So inside your installation folder "The Sims 4". Then try the game again. Good luck!

Red star from Carlos

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:38

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello,

Let's try this at first. Go to where you have your Sims 4 game installed. Inside the folder "The Sims 4", there is a sub-folder "Game". Delete this "Game"-subfolder. After which you use the link here:

Code:
http://safelinking.net/gadLgIi


...to download a fresh folder. When on the safelinking.net site, just click on the link that shows up in the middle of the screen. When you get to the Russian site, click on where it says "Скачать", in order to download the item.

Extract with 7-zip and place that fresh "Game"-subfolder in the same location as the old one. So inside your installation folder "The Sims 4". Then try the game again. Good luck!

Red star from Carlos

Thank you for the fast answer! It seems like my whole base sims 4 installed in spanish (i don't know how). I did what you said, still my game language didn't change.. Is there other option to change the base game's language?

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:42

Try looking again at the regedit. Make sure to look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => Software => Maxis => The Sims 4.

Change the language code under GDFBinary and Locale to en_US. Then try again.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:48

Checked it's all en_US Sad

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:50

Then something else is messed up with your Sims 4 installation. At that point I can only suggest to run the validator tool here, and then post the results in a reply:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

We'll then see what can be done.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 18:47

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Then something else is messed up with your Sims 4 installation. At that point I can only suggest to run the validator tool here, and then post the results in a reply:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

We'll then see what can be done.

I've done what you asked this is the result:
report:

Game version: 1.54.120.1020
Crack version: 1.54.120.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
DLCs not installed: EP05
Hash mismatch:
--- quick scan ---
Missing files:

Unknown files:
data/client/resource.cfg.bak
data/simulation.rar
delta/ep01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/ep01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
english.reg

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 18:57

@EyebrowPrincess wrote:
@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Then something else is messed up with your Sims 4 installation. At that point I can only suggest to run the validator tool here, and then post the results in a reply:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

We'll then see what can be done.

I've done what you asked this is the result:
report:

Game version: 1.54.120.1020
Crack version: 1.54.120.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
DLCs not installed: EP05
Hash mismatch:
--- quick scan ---
Missing files:

Unknown files:
data/client/resource.cfg.bak
data/simulation.rar
delta/ep01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/ep01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
english.reg


Alright, thanks for that. I'm not sure if it is necessary, but have you tried running the game's .exe as Administrator too? Right-click on TS4_x64.exe => Run as Administrator. Then see if the language is still Spanish.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 19:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@EyebrowPrincess wrote:
@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Then something else is messed up with your Sims 4 installation. At that point I can only suggest to run the validator tool here, and then post the results in a reply:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33486-the-sims-4-validator

We'll then see what can be done.

I've done what you asked this is the result:
report:

Game version: 1.54.120.1020
Crack version: 1.54.120.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
DLCs not installed: EP05
Hash mismatch:
--- quick scan ---
Missing files:

Unknown files:
data/client/resource.cfg.bak
data/simulation.rar
delta/ep01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/ep01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
english.reg


Alright, thanks for that. I'm not sure if it is necessary, but have you tried running the game's .exe as Administrator too? Right-click on TS4_x64.exe => Run as Administrator. Then see if the language is still Spanish.

Tried, still spanish. I will try to delete all the stuffs from my laptop for now, and then reinstall the sims 4 and repatch everything. ( I will even delete everything from my Documents too) , i will use the language config after i reinstall the game, we will see then. I will come back if it won't work!

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 19:07

As a last resort, you could try using this tool here as well:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33008-the-sims-4-language-changer-and-dlc-toggler#

I don't recommend uninstalling/re-installing just yet. Wait for @anadius to (maybe) comment on this. From your validator report so far, it doesn't seem to be your game files. Though you could run the validator again, but this time with the box "quick scan" un-checked. This scan will take longer, but maybe it can reveal other things.

But again, I don't recommend uninstalling/re-installing at this point.

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 19:12

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:As a last resort, you could try using this tool here as well:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33008-the-sims-4-language-changer-and-dlc-toggler#

I don't recommend uninstalling/re-installing just yet. Wait for @anadius to (maybe) comment on this. From your validator report so far, it doesn't seem to be your game files. Though you could run the validator again, but this time with the box "quick scan" un-checked. This scan will take longer, but maybe it can reveal other things.

But again, I don't recommend uninstalling/re-installing at this point.

Sure i will run the validator more detailed! I will send you the result!
Also wanted to ask i can install the City living dlc now that i already patched to the latest one?

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 19:15

If you have any missing DLCs, use the anadius-items to add the content. It would be too much of a hassle to use the G4TW-stuff in that case.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-v1-54-120-1020-all-dlcs-selectable-17-languages-anadius-repack-download-only-what-you-need

Take your time, and keep us posted!

Carlos is tha man

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online.

Male

Posts : 18032
Points : 24406
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 20:27

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:If you have any missing DLCs, use the anadius-items to add the content. It would be too much of a hassle to use the G4TW-stuff in that case.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-v1-54-120-1020-all-dlcs-selectable-17-languages-anadius-repack-download-only-what-you-need

Take your time, and keep us posted!

Carlos is tha man

report:

Game version: 1.54.120.1020
Crack version: 1.54.120.1020
Folder: The Sims 4
DLCs not installed: EP05
Hash mismatch:

Missing files:

Unknown files:
data/client/resource.cfg.bak
data/simulation.rar
delta/ep01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/ep01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/fp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourceclient.cfg.bak
delta/gp01/resourcesimulation.cfg.bak

I also could install the missing dlcs , thank you Smile And somehow my game changed to english finally! So it solved! xD (but dunno why??)

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 20:43

Glad to hear it's working. Smile My setup changes language in registry and extracts the crack if "no-origin-fix" is in the same folder. One of these probably helped. You can delete those "unknown files". They shouldn't affect your game but they are not needed either.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why is my Sims 4 Spanish? Can't change language. [SOLVED]

Post by EyebrowPrincess on Mon 19 Aug 2019, 21:00

anadius wrote:Glad to hear it's working. Smile My setup changes language in registry and extracts the crack if "no-origin-fix" is in the same folder. One of these probably helped. You can delete those "unknown files". They shouldn't affect your game but they are not needed either.

Okey thank you so much!^^



[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

EyebrowPrincess
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

Posts : 16
Points : 411
Join date : 2018-10-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum