TSM Service initialization error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty TSM Service initialization error

Post by ThiadesIsAwesome on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 12:30

Hello! I've been always curious about TSM so I decided to give it a go. After a couple of attempts I haven't gotten anywhere, so here I am. 
I search the error code I'm getting (0x0175dcbb) and I found that in Sims 3, it means a problem with the registry. Okay, let me back up a little, here's what I've done so far.

First of all I'm on Windows 10 x64. I downloaded the game a day earlier and I installed *without* following the instructions. I got the error for the first time then. Then I found the instructions. I shut my computer down for the night and when I booted it again, I got to work.
-I uninstalled Nobles, ignored the "restart your computer" message.
-I uninstalled TSM, restarted my computer.
-Then followed the directions in the tutorial section here

It didn't ask for a reboot so I tried to play the game through TSM.exe again. Same error. I rebooted (probably too little, too late at this point) and still get the same error. If I try to play through the launcher, it never launches, just sits there as a background process. 
I used CCleaner to fix the registry, it found a couple of things in the TSM files, but didn't help, still get the same error code.

//EDIT

I re-installed and rebooted between each uninstall this time. Still no luck.
ThiadesIsAwesome
ThiadesIsAwesome
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Age of Mythology, Cities Skylines

Posts : 4
Points : 21
Join date : 2019-10-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 19:41

@ThiadesIsAwesome wrote:Hello! I've been always curious about TSM so I decided to give it a go. After a couple of attempts I haven't gotten anywhere, so here I am. 
I search the error code I'm getting (0x0175dcbb) and I found that in Sims 3, it means a problem with the registry. Okay, let me back up a little, here's what I've done so far.

First of all I'm on Windows 10 x64. I downloaded the game a day earlier and I installed *without* following the instructions. I got the error for the first time then. Then I found the instructions. I shut my computer down for the night and when I booted it again, I got to work.
-I uninstalled Nobles, ignored the "restart your computer" message.
-I uninstalled TSM, restarted my computer.
-Then followed the directions in the tutorial section here

It didn't ask for a reboot so I tried to play the game through TSM.exe again. Same error. I rebooted (probably too little, too late at this point) and still get the same error. If I try to play through the launcher, it never launches, just sits there as a background process. 
I used CCleaner to fix the registry, it found a couple of things in the TSM files, but didn't help, still get the same error code.


Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @ThiadesIsAwesome,

You can try doing step #2 of the guide here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18497-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-medieval-correctly

So download that patcher and run it. Choose the 2.0.113.00001 patcher, for now.

After that grab the Medieval Ultimate Fix from the step #3, and copy/paste the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. Replace existing files, when prompted. And then try the game again.

I was also going to ask whether you actually installed the "Pirates and Nobles" expansion too, but the steps I just mentioned should work regardless, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Good luck, and keep us posted if you like!

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17923
Points : 24263
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by ThiadesIsAwesome on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 17:33

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Here's my update: I tried to install base game + expansion from a different source, it didn't work, I got the same error. I unistalled that, rebooted, cleaned my registry, the whole 9 yards. 
Next, I installed the G4TW version of the base game ONLY and it works. I'm debating if it's worth it to try Pirates and Nobles again.
ThiadesIsAwesome
ThiadesIsAwesome
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Age of Mythology, Cities Skylines

Posts : 4
Points : 21
Join date : 2019-10-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 19:23

@ThiadesIsAwesome wrote:I'm debating if it's worth it to try Pirates and Nobles again.


Well, there is at least some progress!

A possibility could be that you try re-downloading the Pirates & Nobles DLC, with a different torrent client than you used initially. And while we're at it. I don't recommend using uTorrent and Vuze anymore, in the year 2019. Better torrent clients are qBittorrent, Transmission or Tixati.


Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17923
Points : 24263
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by ThiadesIsAwesome on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 20:19

I'll give a new client a go, I already use qBittorrent. I don't have anything to lose.
ThiadesIsAwesome
ThiadesIsAwesome
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Age of Mythology, Cities Skylines

Posts : 4
Points : 21
Join date : 2019-10-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 03 Oct 2019, 20:38

@ThiadesIsAwesome wrote:I'll give a new client a go, I already use qBittorrent. I don't have anything to lose.

The fact that you got your initial version of the game(s) from another source could also be a factor, albeit an admittedly far-fetched one. You should try the G4TW repacks. Very Happy

_________________
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Platform Gatekeeper
Inspector General & Watch Commander
G4TW Platform GatekeeperInspector General & Watch Commander

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17923
Points : 24263
Join date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

TSM Service initialization error  Empty Re: TSM Service initialization error

Post by ThiadesIsAwesome on Fri 04 Oct 2019, 13:21

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:The fact that you got your initial version of the game(s) from another source could also be a factor, albeit an admittedly far-fetched one. You should try the G4TW repacks. Very Happy

I got the G4TW base game installed. I downloaded the GTW4 Pirates and Nobles from a different torrent client. Installed, re-updated, copied the ultimate fix crack, still no luck. Oh, well. I think I'll just give up on the expansion. Thanks for your help! At least I got the base game running.  Oh my...
ThiadesIsAwesome
ThiadesIsAwesome
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3, Age of Mythology, Cities Skylines

Posts : 4
Points : 21
Join date : 2019-10-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum