I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Empty I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED]

Post by Shandelb3 on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 16:18

I took a break and now want to get back into Sims 4. I still have everything I downloaded, I'm not sure what update was last that I installed but I have all the packs and expansions up to Parenthood. 

I was reading over the installation rules to make sure I do it right, my issue is that I have a Sim 4 folder in the Program(86), Program Files and I can also go through Documents to get to the game. 

which one do i install the new updates and packs into? the Program (86) file? 

Do I just start with the new packs that I dont have when continuing to install them ( the next one for me is fitness). and do I need to install another base game version or will the discover university cover that?

//EDIT

I got everything installed correctly, on the main screen it shows I have everything but when I go to make a new character the academic aspiration and new content (hair, clothes etc) for the newly installed packs are not showing up.

Custom content is checked in the options menu, I've restarted the game a couple of times. Couple of the times it says it was downloading the content but this last time that message didn't pop up. What am I doing wrong I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] 1f62b.png?v=2.2.

//EDIT

Also my gameplay options in the game option menu isnt showing up, its grayed out.

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims 4

Back to top Go down

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 23:58

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Shandelb3,

Try this first of all. Go to where you have your The Sims 4 installed. Look inside. There should be a "Game"-subfolder, little more than 300 MB in size. DELETE that subfolder.

Then take your University pack download again. Open the archive file, and re-extract everything again, into your The Sims 4 installation. Replace existing files when prompted. Then you repeat the same with whatever follow-up patch you downloaded for University, so either 1.58.69.1010 or the 1.59.73.1020. Open that archive file again, re-extract into your TS4 installation, replace existing files when prompted.

Now once you did that, right-click on your TS4_x64.exe (under Game => Bin), and choose "run as Administrator".

See these problems with "suddenly missing gameplay features" are often due to Windows being well-meaning. They want to "protect the users" by implementing these obstacles, like file permission restrictions. But as with everything that is well-meaning, it usually doesn't translate into "well-done". In the long run I would recommend doing a complete overhaul, and switching to a different Windows user account:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

But at present you don't have to do that. The problem is fix-able without resorting to the guide I just linked to. 

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Administrator
General of the Armies / Gatekeeper
G4TW RETIRED Administrator General of the Armies / Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Back to top Go down

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED]

Post by Shandelb3 on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:06

I get the unable to start , game data is missing or damaged code when I did this? Should I redownload both university and update folders again and do it again?

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:17

@Shandelb3 wrote:I get the unable to start , game data is missing or damaged code when I did this? Should I redownload both university and update folders again and do it again?

That's not going to help in all likelihood. If you like and have some time, we can do a TeamViewer session. Read up on the information here:
https://games4theworld.org/contact/

Maybe I can see what is wrong with your installation by looking at the files. If that is something you don't like to do, then you will have to delete your installation, and grab hold of Sim Architect's All-In-One Portable The Sims 4. We have a link on the Forum here somewhere, but you can also find Sim Architect by simply searching on the internet.

If you want to do the TeamViewer, then log onto the Forum's chatbox at the top of the main page, when you're ready.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:24

Nevermind , I got it to work. I thought it was completely unpacked and it wasnt. It starts now, waiting for it to load currently

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:26

@Shandelb3 wrote:Nevermind , I got it to work. I thought it was completely unpacked and it wasnt. It starts now, waiting for it to load currently

Looks like a plot twist! Very Happy  Sure, keep us posted if you like, then.

Edit: I'll log off the chatbox as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:46

Now its saying download to use on expansion packs I already have installed (island living, get famous) and the same for alot of the stuff and game packs. I did all of them except realm of magic and strangerville.

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 00:55

@Shandelb3 wrote:Now its saying download to use on expansion packs I already have installed (island living, get famous) and the same for alot of the stuff and game packs. I did all of them except realm of magic and strangerville.

You weren't supposed to "skip" DLCs, and do ALL of the steps laid out here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-59-73-1020-1-59-73-1520

Feel free to list which DLCs are shown as missing, and we'll try helping you later on or tomorrow.

I know this system of repacks is difficult to use. And many people want to "pick and choose". But we don't have that on G4TW here. Things are not made easier by the fact that this game is being kept alive 'artificially' over so many years with numerous mini-patches and DLC.

As things stand, once a mistake is made, it's extremely tedious and difficult to repair this thing. So take your time, tell us what exactly shows on your end as missing DLC. Doesn't matter what you have installed, just tell us what shows on your home screen in TS4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 01:51

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Screenshot-1_LIedbea06bd63773cb

the ones circled say download now, the mouse looking one under stuff packs says see requirements. 

i also opened the game, made a new player, selected a lot to build a house on and the build mode icon said "can only be edited in world map view" anytime I try to go to the main menu the game freezes and I couldnt select anything (myself or the mailbox) it wouldnt do anything. 

i feel so stupid for doing it wrong. am i able to go back and start from the ones i havent installed and redo it all again or would that create more of a hassle?

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 02:32

@Shandelb3 wrote:am i able to go back and start from the ones i havent installed and redo it all again or would that create more of a hassle?

Yes, that would be one possibility, albeit a tedious one. And no, you don't have to redo it all again. Just go back to the stuff you are missing, and continue with the steps from the TS4 Must-Read Guide.

The idea that I had in mind was that you only grab specific files and folders from Sim Architect's All-In-One torrent of TS4, and try "repairing" your game that way. But whatever you like.

I can't really do it now though, since it's already very late on my end. Will post back here tomorrow/later. Carlos is tha man Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 01:00

I left a comment earlier but I dont see it now. I've installed strangerville and realm of magic, was missing get famous, sovi installed and redid that update. Moschino is missing which I had installed, after get famous update I reinstalled university and the recent update. I'm still missing moschino and my game is still missing the bottom bar with the time and buttons and I cant build on any lot or click anything.

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 01:19

@Shandelb3 wrote:I left a comment earlier but I dont see it now. I've installed strangerville and realm of magic, was missing get famous,  sovi installed and redid that update. Moschino is missing which I had installed, after get famous update I reinstalled university and the recent update. I'm still missing moschino and my game is still missing the bottom bar with the time and buttons and I cant build on any lot or click anything.

I did not delete anything here, if that is what you suspect. Smile 

Go under Sim Architect's website, and grab the All-In-One for 1.59.73.1020. Now, don't download everything. When you load up the magnet initially, you will get a preview in your torrent client, and you can tick boxes of components that you want. Example screenshot:

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] QjJhCBM

Step #1 Grab those folders that show your DLC as missing. In my example screenshot, I've marked "EP05", which is Seasons. Just an example. You should only mark those folders, that correspond to your missing DLC. Here is a guideline of the "codes":

Code:
Base game:   Origin Digital Deluxe Edition items, Plumbob lamps, Freezer Bunny Award

Get to Work:  Holiday Celebration Pack (FP01, 2014 Christmas-themed items), Outdoor Retreat Game Pack (GP01), Get to Work Expansion Pack (EP01)

Get together: Spa Day Game Pack (GP02), Luxury Party Stuff Pack (SP01), Perfect Patio Stuff Pack (SP02), Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack (SP03), Spooky Stuff Pack (SP04), Get together Expansion Pack (EP02)

City living:    Dine Out (GP03), Movie Hangout Stuff Pack (SP05), Romantic Garden Stuff Pack (SP06), Kids Room Stuff Pack (SP07), Backyard Stuff Pack (SP08), Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack (SP09), City Living Expansion Pack (EP03).

Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff: Toddlers (included in the base game patch), Vampires (GP04), Bowling Stuff Pack (SP10).

Parenthood: Parenthood Game Pack (GP05)

Fitness Stuff: Fitness Stuff Pack (SP11)

Toddlers Stuff: Toddlers Stuff Pack (SP12)

Cats & Dogs: Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack (EP04)

Laundry Day Stuff: Laundry Day Stuff Pack (SP13)

Jungle Adventure: Jungle Adventure Game Pack (GP06)

My First Pet Stuff: My First Pet Stuff Pack (SP14)

Seasons: Seasons Expansion Pack (EP05)

Get Famous: Get Famous Expansion Pack (EP06)

Strangerville: Strangerville Game Pack (GP07)

Island Living: Island Living Expansion Pack (EP07)

Moschino Stuff: Moschino Stuff Pack (SP15)

Realm of Magic: Realm of Magic Game Pack (GP08)

Discover University: Discover University Expansion Pack (EP08)

I'm not sure what exactly you have or don't have in terms of DLC, but the names of the DLC plus the codes above [EP/GP/SP + number] should give you an idea of what to download. DO NOT download the torrent yet, because you need to mark more items.

Step #2 in the preview of the torrent of Sim Architect's All-In-One, navigate under the Data\Client subfolder by clicking on the little "+" symbols next to the folder names, and look for the following files. Download these too:

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] 376qZnk

Step #3 You can start the download, and when finished copy-paste all folder and files from this "repair kit" (again, those items you download through Sim Architect's torrent), to your TS4 installation. Mind you, use a VPN for torrenting, if you're not doing so already. Replace existing files when prompted.

Step #4 re-apply Discover University again, and then whatever your latest patch is that you applied after that (1.58.69.1010 or 1.59.73.1020). 

Test the game after that again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 01:53

In step 2 I'm downloading those files listed for each dlc?

Which all in one do I download? His most recent one with baby yoda or a different one?

And what is a VPN and how do I use it, all I know Is my computer scans alot and always says its blocking viruses (since I started installing everything) but I've been ignoring it, and I also have my sims 4 folder in the allow list for my anti virus.

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:00

This here:
Code:
https://thesimarchitect.com/the-sims-4-1-59-73-1020-all-in-one-portable-including-december-2019-update-baby-yoda/

And you download only those DLC folders that are missing on your end, as shown in the main menu. If you give me again an update on what DLCs you are missing exactly, I will list here what you need to download more specifically.

A VPN service routs your home internet through special servers, so that other people cannot see that you e.g. torrented something from your home internet.

It's a common occurrence that in countries like America, Canada, the UK, and others, you get these warning letters from your ISP if you torrent items. They will prompt you to "stop torrenting" and "delete any and all infringing materials from the computer". If you are warned too often, they might cancel your internet subscription.

And downloading stuff through a VPN connection will prevent that. Note that only paid VPN services provide decent protection. So don't use free VPNs please for torrenting. Basic information about VPNs, if you are new to the subject matter:
https://protonvpn.com/blog/threat-model/
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:17

I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Screen11

my screen after i downloaded the all in one looks different from what you show, im not sure what folder I would find what I need (moschino and pet stuff).

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:20

@Shandelb3 wrote:I have several Sims 4 folders in different locations. [SOLVED] Screen11

my screen after i downloaded the all in one looks different from what you show, im not sure what folder I would find what I need (moschino and pet stuff).

This is the SECOND time we have had this problem, that not all items would show up in the torrent preview (another user reported the same problem before)! Shocked Would you mind trying a different torrent client, such as qBittorrent?

uTorrent is something that everybody has "come to know", but it has meanwhile become kind of obsolete. We don't recommend using uTorrent anymore in the year 2019 and beyond.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:34

do i uncheck Visual, 3 language changer and how to install as well and just have the dlcs and the specific data/client files?

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:37

@Shandelb3 wrote:do i uncheck Visual, 3 language changer and how to install as well and just have the dlcs and the specific data/client files?

You can (or even should!) uncheck the items that I did NOT mention in my little guide above. Smile  So yes, uncheck visual, language changer, etc.

I hope that this repair trick will work, if not, then we have a big problem. You'd have to reconsider ditching your defective TS4 installation, and grabbing that All-In-One, as a whole, which is about 44 GB total. But please try the repair trick first.

Good luck again for now, and I hope we can bring this to a happy end! I'll probably log off for now. Take your time.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:39

I will keep you updated once it's all done! Just to double check, I just copy and paste what I download Into my sims 4 folder without deleting any folders, then add university and the latest update I have?

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 02:42

@Shandelb3 wrote:I will keep you updated once it's all done! Just to double check, I just copy and paste what I download Into my sims 4 folder without deleting any folders, then add university and the latest update I have?

Exactly! The point of this "exercise" (the act of you re-downloading parts of the TS4 installation), is that you get hold of fresh files. These fresh files, in turn, you need to copy-paste into your TS4 installation.

Then re-do the Discover University & a follow-up patch.

Good luck, and good night. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 03:28

all the new dlcs were on my main menu except for my first pet stuff , it's still saying "see requirements". When I go into mange households theres red caution triangles on the drop down menus and in the game options folder nothing shows up. The game ended up crashing in the middle of loading the existing family i already had in that world. 

I'm about to just download the entire all in one and start fresh  Why God.

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 05:40

@Shandelb3 wrote:I'm about to just download the entire all in one and start fresh  Why God.

Yes, these 20+ individual TS4 downloads on G4TW are not noob-friendly, but I guess the way EA are releasing these updates (every 4 weeks some useless mini-patch & roughly every 2 or 3 months some minor DLC), it's intended to be tedious for those who prefer using DRM-free versions of The Sims 4.

Sorry I can't really help more at this point, maybe in the future we will be able to do better. There were some plans on doing "something", but it seems it's not going to come to fruition, at least not anytime soon.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandelb3 on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 11:06

Thank you for helping though 😁

[not]Will close the topic now. Yess, aye lieeke!

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Shandelb3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum