Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University? Empty Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University?

Post by midnightpixels on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 16:26

Hello, 
I'd like to install Discover University (I don't have any of the new DLC since pretty much since Seasons) but my game is up to date patch-wise. Additionally, I'd like to remove Vampires, since my crappy PC can't handle all expansions of the game and I barely use Vampires anyway. I have disabled DLC in the past using the method (by altering the code) previously listed here in this forum, but I believe it's sort of "discontinued".

So really, I want to know how the process of installing new DLC and removing some is without breaking my game. I realise this is probably really easy but I'm struggling to make sense of it nonetheless. 

Thanks in advance!

midnightpixels
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 4

Back to top Go down

Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University? Empty Re: Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2019, 06:03

@midnightpixels wrote:Hello, 
I'd like to install Discover University (I don't have any of the new DLC since pretty much since Seasons) but my game is up to date patch-wise. Additionally, I'd like to remove Vampires, since my crappy PC can't handle all expansions of the game and I barely use Vampires anyway. I have disabled DLC in the past using the method (by altering the code) previously listed here in this forum, but I believe it's sort of "discontinued".

So really, I want to know how the process of installing new DLC and removing some is without breaking my game. I realise this is probably really easy but I'm struggling to make sense of it nonetheless. 

Thanks in advance!

Hello @midnightpixels,

You can open the codex.cfg under your Game => Bin subfolder (with notepad), and search for the following entries:

Code:
{
 "Name" "The Sims:tm: 4 Vampires"
 "Version" "18.0.263.1010"
 "Status" "INSTALLED"
 }

{
 "EntitlementId" "1000000000008"
 "Group" "THESIMS4PC"
 "Version" "0"
 "Type" "DEFAULT"
 "EntitlementTag" "GP04_Vampires_0x000000000002376D:145261"
 }

You can also "quick search" in Notepad by pressing CTRL + F, then type in "vampires", then delete the portions relating to that DLC. Note that you need to do it properly, the entire text I copy-pasted above needs to be removed.

And don't forget to save the changes to the codex.cfg, after editing out the parts.

If the notepad doesn't let you save the changes, then choose "save as" in the Notepad, and save the (now modified) codex.cfg on the Desktop. Then copy that file from the Desktop, back to your Game => Bin path, and replace the old file when prompted.

Edit: I overlooked part of your question...if your last DLC was Seasons, then you'd have to consult another repacker for just getting the latest DLC (University), because the way G4TW's downloads are set up, is that the downloads are "progressive", and you can't really pick and choose what you want. By all means, if you want to support our downloads, then check out the guide here, in particular step #16 and onwards:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly-latest-version-1-59-73-1020-1-59-73-1520

But I don't think you'll want to do that. The system is not friendly to beginners, nor people who "come back" to the game after a longer pause. What can I say, I myself blame EA for artificially keeping the game alive for so many years, and releasing so many, and mostly useless, mini-DLCs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please understand though that G4TW's policy is to not endorse any other scene-group/repacker in particular (with the exception of Sim Architect, though he doesn't offer a download tailored to your needs, either). We have our own agenda, whatever you may think about this attitude. Feel free to search the internet though. All Sims 4 repacks have in common however the trick that I laid out above, with editing the codex.cfg. So no matter where you download your TS4 from, you will be able to apply that procedure.

Good luck!

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW ETERNAL Gatekeeper
Inspector General / Sergeant-At-Arms
G4TW ETERNAL GatekeeperInspector General / Sergeant-At-Arms

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA V / GTA Online, Red Dead Redemption II / Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red.

Male

Back to top Go down

Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University? Empty Re: Help, how do I uninstall individual DLC and install Discover University?

Post by midnightpixels on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 18:22

Thank you so much!

midnightpixels
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 4

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum